Whats up with clay county

Last night at flora was the worst show I have been to in my life. In my opinion there is no excuse for the amount of rough driving and horrible calls. The lack of management by the promoter was evident by the 10 caution laps every time to try to line cars back up, and lack of enforcment of dirty driving.

More than half of the modifides didnt finish the race including mullins getting flat taken out coming to the finish with no penelty to the 28 who got his win that way.

The street stock class is more like a rolling demo derby, than a race less than half of them finished. When I was sent to the back for stoping to avoid drilling two cars that had stoped I was told by the corner man that he had no idea who caused the wreck so I went to the back for being the last one stoped on the track.

To top it off all of the purestocks were D/Q for after market brakes after we had called and told the promoter we had them and he said that was fine.

If you were thinking of running there dont bother there isnt a race track in clay county worth running at i for one will not be back

I agree that was a cheap shot. I think they lost the vintage cars to. Why don't you purestock drivers get together and talk to I-55 promoters. if you get the cars they will run the class

The worst part about the whole purestock deal is the fact that myself, Tommy Gaither, and Dustin Pruett all called the track and asked if we could race there or not. We were all told that if we were legal at Brownstown we were legal at their track. Kevin and my dad talked for about a half hour and he told him "come on down, we would love to have you at our track" Dustin Mcclintock has been running there all year and now all of a sudden he is illegal to. All over something that does not make the car any faster, it is simply about safety.

This whole deal has cost the track 2 classes because I doubt the vintage cars will be back and there is no way they can run with 2 or 3 purestocks a week.

And to top it all off, the track was horribly rough, very hard on equipment.

After the way we were treated last night, I find it very hard to ever go back to the track.

the vintage cars will not be back and neither will I. If pevely wouldn't roll a dice for your starting position I would run there.

Fohne the real question is did you get the trophy? The whole tech deal was screwed up. I was told months ago I could run there, now they disqualify me for not having my brake master cylinder in the stock location. What really got me was when we tried talking to him about the rules he did not want to even think about changing. Hope there buddy is happy cause now he is not going to have a place to run his stock location brake car on a saturday.

I was hoping to make it out there soon. So does this mean we can race their anymore? And what exactly was the issue with the brakes?

I'm not there to pick on anymore, so it seems like they decided to screw you guys around instead. lol Whatta joke. We won't be back there either.

Callahan it was interesting for our class. my freaking tranny is messing up and i dont know whats wrong. i had a hell of a car coming off the turns and then it would shift. but it was crazy there for everything else the track was kinda on the bad side but o well cant please everyone.

Just so everyone has the opportunity to hear the other side of the story,
1st, lack management due to caution laps, well when you have 2 cars hooked together like they were the track workers will do what they can, not to cause any more damage to the cars while trying to separate them. That caution was some what longer than normal but we had to get them out of the way. There were other cautions thru the night that may have only taken 1 lap or 2 at most so thanks for touching on that also.

Next for as Mullins, I am hoping that was not the case, for as I know not a word was said there, think Mr. Mullins took one last shot for the win for $1000 to win in turn 3 but it did not work......like I said for as I know no one said anything different.

Next for as you going to the back, all cars involved in a wreck go to the tail...........

Now for the big one on pure stocks NO ONE called me and asked about after market brakes,,,,,,,,,he asked about the spoiler and about hoosier tires, NO where in that conversation was brakes brought up.........also no one got DQ'd, sorry if you got wrong info, all were paid.........
thanks again
Kevin​

I was hoping to make it out there soon. So does this mean we can race their anymore? And what exactly was the issue with the brakes?

Has to be stock master cylinder mounted in stock location. They started out saying we had bias bars in the cock pot. Since we didn't have that they went to the next thing which ended up being after market brakes and not in stock location. I am leading the points there and still do not know if we can run there with what we have, hope this helps you.

Dustin McClintock

Has to be stock master cylinder mounted in stock location. They started out saying we had bias bars in the cock pot. Since we didn't have that they went to the next thing which ended up being after market brakes and not in stock location. I am leading the points there and still do not know if we can run there with what we have, hope this helps you.

Dustin McClintock

Yes....it does help. I prolly won't waste my time. Good luck on the rest of the season though.

Thanks for the info.

Dave Armstrong

Just so everyone has the opportunity to hear the other side of the story,
1st, lack management due to caution laps, well when you have 2 cars hooked together like they were the track workers will do what they can, not to cause any more damage to the cars while trying to separate them. That caution was some what longer than normal but we had to get them out of the way. There were other cautions thru the night that may have only taken 1 lap or 2 at most so thanks for touching on that also.

Next for as Mullins, I am hoping that was not the case, for as I know not a word was said there, think Mr. Mullins took one last shot for the win for $1000 to win in turn 3 but it did not work......like I said for as I know no one said anything different.

Next for as you going to the back, all cars involved in a wreck go to the tail...........

Now for the big one on pure stocks NO ONE called me and asked about after market brakes,,,,,,,,,he asked about the spoiler and about hoosier tires, NO where in that conversation was brakes brought up.........also no one got DQ'd, sorry if you got wrong info, all were paid.........
thanks again
Kevin​

way more than one long delayed caution at least 2 times track was red flaged to try to get line up right

next mullins was taken out just because he didnt complain does not mean it didnt happen he probly didnt want to wast his time

as for me two cars stoped i slid in as to not hit a car in the drivers door with my bumper that makes three involved two went to back so even by your oun admition you screwed up if all involved go to rear

last for the pure stocks if you want to stand by your story and say no one called ill just have to say that is an outright lie i called you from work on lunch break on the thursday before the 200 to win pure stock race. told you every part we had on the car gave you all info on car except scale numbers and was told if we ran at fayette county and were legal we could run at clay now thats on you

then to take till after 2 a.m. to reverse the decision and pay people yeah i guess you can say no one got DQ,d in the end just screwed around for a while

way more than one long delayed caution at least 2 times track was red flaged to try to get line up right

next mullins was taken out just because he didnt complain does not mean it didnt happen he probly didnt want to wast his time

as for me two cars stoped i slid in as to not hit a car in the drivers door with my bumper that makes three involved two went to back so even by your oun admition you screwed up if all involved go to rear

last for the pure stocks if you want to stand by your story and say no one called ill just have to say that is an outright lie i called you from work on lunch break on the thursday before the 200 to win pure stock race. told you every part we had on the car gave you all info on car except scale numbers and was told if we ran at fayette county and were legal we could run at clay now thats on you

then to take till after 2 a.m. to reverse the decision and pay people yeah i guess you can say no one got DQ,d in the end just screwed around for a while

Harre, YOU really have alot to ***** about, YOU are 1 of the roughest (DRIVERS) I have watched in the last 10yrs of my 50yrs of being around racing...

Rick Roth

Last night at flora was the worst show I have been to in my life. In my opinion there is no excuse for the amount of rough driving and horrible calls. The lack of management by the promoter was evident by the 10 caution laps every time to try to line cars back up, and lack of enforcment of dirty driving.

More than half of the modifides didnt finish the race including mullins getting flat taken out coming to the finish with no penelty to the 28 who got his win that way.

The street stock class is more like a rolling demo derby, than a race less than half of them finished. When I was sent to the back for stoping to avoid drilling two cars that had stoped I was told by the corner man that he had no idea who caused the wreck so I went to the back for being the last one stoped on the track.

To top it off all of the purestocks were D/Q for after market brakes after we had called and told the promoter we had them and he said that was fine.

If you were thinking of running there dont bother there isnt a race track in clay county worth running at i for one will not be back

[video]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PL30926FDB35542430&hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/video]

Back