Wheel question?

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Wanting to put a different offset wheel on the front of my son's Neon hornet (pro 4). Was looking at the Bassett 14x7 4 hole wheels at http://www.bassettwheel.com/legends_mini.html

My real concern is if they would clear the brake calipers and are after market wheels like Bassett legal at I-55?

Jimmy,
I run bart wheels on my car, and they have never said anything. They are heavier than the aluminum one some guys are running. I run them for safety. You have seen what happens when the wheels come apart, like on Homers car.

Are you wanting to move them in or out?

Talk to Fisher on saturday, im sure he wouldn't mind giving up one or two of his set up secrets :eek: Im just not sure if the wheel offset is going to help you,just dont see it much on the FWD. But i could be wrong.

Jason Crump

i run offset on my car and i did notice a handling difference.. but i dont know if the cars handle better because of the offset or because the rim is wider and give me a bigger foot print!! but it does help

I need to move the two front wheels out just about 2 inches to get some tire clearance. The left front is tall enough it just rubs on the strut tower.

Back