When should tracks have their Season Championship Banquets?

When should tracks have Championship Banquets?

• November

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • December

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • January

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • February

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Should tracks have their banquets immediately after the race season ends or almost right before the next season begins???

I say January. From a logistical standpoint, its less of a busy time for everyone. November and December tend to fly by with holiday stuff. January is typically a slower month so it would be easier to accomodate the majority. NOTE i am not a fan of releasing the next seasons rules at a banquet. That should be done before the final checkered flag falls.

I agree. November seems a lil earlier. I've never organized such an event. But I'm sure there is a lot that goes into it. Seems those who do would be under the gun that early. December with work Christmas parties and people doing multiple family gatherings. Seems there would be a lot of conflict. January is the mid point of the off season so I believe that works best. jmo

I also agree about the rules. Why can't anyone get the ducks in a row and be 6 months a year ahead. That way plenty of time to prepare for any changes and to address in possible flaws in them before money starts getting spent. Rules should only change on the fly in circumstances where there is a GLARING need for it to.

If not at the track the final night of racing. I enjoyed having one the following weekend or two after the final night, during the daytime with catered bbq at the track.
Or a few weeks after the final night at a fancy hotel banquet hall. But always before the 1st week or 2 of November. After that it's all about next year!

I like the idea of doing it on the last night of the year, and have a bonfire food and a dj. Let all the fans enjoy it all with the drivers.

Back