Where are the Godfrey people?

craterracer

I just read the Godfrey Today? post and got to wondering what happened to the racers, fans, and officials? Seems they just went away, at least most of them.

I'm curious also. I have only heard of where a few of the drivers went. But, I'm curious where the fans go. We kind of folow our drivers which are usually in Jacksonville (a heck of a drive) or once in a while Belleville (close for us, but not for them). So, I'd like to hear about drivers and fans!

with the cost of travel these days, I have only been to the races a couple times since Godfrey closed. Once to Jacksonville, once to TCS. I miss the track a bunch, but not much can be done about it now.

I still continue my boycott every day and have not spent one nickel in Godfrey since they sold the track out. Oh yeah, Barry and Sid can still kiss my lilly white butt.

This morning at appx 8:30 a.m. they had bulldozers cutting down the turns on both sides of the track... sad.

One nice thing about the concrete plant being there... the nearby residents will never have to worry about not having a white Christmas... the lawns will hopefully be white with concrete dust 24x7x365.

With Godfrey closing, i just stopped going to the races on Friday nights...i miss it, its a shame...it was close and i had been going to it since i was born...

I actually remember when you were born Whitney (and unfortunatly loong before). I know racing is a big part of your life. I'm glad I don't have to ever go by what once was the track. I'm sure it's very sad.:(

today the bulldozers were working the turns again, and there was a big back hoe (that looked like it was) taking out the front stretch concrete walls.

Back