WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Rowdy Rick Rowland

Racerrod

racerrod
Here is one of my favorite topics. WHERE ARE THEY NOW? How many of your remember Rowdy Rick Rowland #14 who won many races for Allied in the 80's. He was a friend of ours years back but I have no idea where he is today. He used to live in St. Charles when he won so many races, does anyone know where he is today?

I'd also be interested to know any drivers you'd like to know the whearabouts of as I have many I'd like to know. Another one is Cowboy Gervase Basler?

Thanks to all who contribute to this topic and educate us serious race fans in the St. Louis area.

RacerRod

Where are they now?

RacerRod,
What few times I have went to the local tracks in the last few years, I don't recognize a handful of these young folks. Back when my husband raced at Belle-Clair, Pevely, and Charlie-Bowl, everyone knew everyone. Charlie Staub at Belle-Clair was one of my favorites, and I know he lived in Troy, IL at one time. Where are the likes of Danny Moser(37), Ray Eby, Bob Geaschel, Chargin Charlie Johnson, Mike Barbeau, Terry Hall(ok--he is one of the younger ones of that generation)Bob Bizelli, Curt Allen, and now I am gonna go either farther back, Bill Shear(sp), Lenny (L102)Baumgartner, John Pryor. Just a note for some of the older fans, Lenny Baumgartner died recently at the age of 67. I will go home and dig out some more names, and ask the Old Man if he knows where some of these guys are---more later. :)

you can see Danny Moser, at St. francios county raceway on saturdays helping the #98 and 99 sportsman of charles and chuck adams. also, you can see him at Fredericktown Raceway on fridays. as a matter of fact we all got a real treat two fridays nights ago when danny raced adam's sportsmen and finished 4th in the feature. he lives in f'town. one of the most respected drivers around.

Racewife441:

Thanks for your posting. I sure know all of those names, except the older ones you listed last. I'd like to know what happened to those racers, especially Rowdy Rick Rowland. For those of you who remember Steve Soltzciak #23 sportsman, he died many years ago. Any more you care to add to our list of WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

RacerRod

racewife441,
Bob Bizelli isn’t too hard to find. He’s been racing an A-Mod at Montgomery County Speedway.

ladybug3198 said:
I have seen Curt Allen at I-55. I think he might be related to the Ratajcyk's.(sp?)

NOT SURE IF HE IS RELATED OR NOT. BUT, I BELIEVE HE DROVE FOR THEM BACK IN THE DAY.

DONNIE ROTTLER #21

lives in st.gen just down the road from dandy don klein.
builds street rods hes doing a 37 ford coupe right now.
still works at southcounty dodge in st, louis
trying to talk him into driving again!

Pitdrifter, I believe (I could be wrong) but Tom Vogt is living down around the farmington area near my dad?.......at least I'm almost positive thats who was at my dads shop the last time I was down there :D ......they go on horse trail rides together.......

thought I read that johnny prior was back driving you can Guy Pearson the lil round man at mcsor godfrey usually

STILL WAITING FOR ANSWER TO MY POSTING: WHERE IS ROWDY RICK ROWLAND?? I know he used to work at McDonnell Douglas and was a machinest. He was #14 and was a very popular sportsman star during the 80's and 90's. He won many races and had to be one of Mighty Mel's biggest rivalies.

RacerRod

Rowdy Rick Rowland

Rick Rowland retired and resides in south Florida and is the son-in law of Lou Pritz Pritz 61. Of course he's retired and i'm still working in Illinois I guess for the rest of my life LOL. He now has (3) chrildren (2) girls and a son so he's still pretty busy.

Where are they now?

RacerRod,

A few more I thought of--Ambrose Kohler(sp)? and I believe he had a brother that raced in that class too? And the last I heard of Jimmy (Flip) Maly, he lived over by Caseyville, IL, but don't quote me on that. Someone else mentioned Curt Allen being the father-in-law of Tim or Tom--that would be Tim, married Cindy Allen.
Wasn't there some Grays' that raced that old sportsman class too? What about Jerry Hollenbach?
I don't go to the races very often anymore. Chris isn't racing the car and I am just not into it. He has had some frustrating years and I am the one that listens and lets him decide what he's gonna do next. Get's old, which he is too--but he still enjoys it, and it keeps him young!! I will think of more once I get to looking at the pictures--later.

Jerry Hollerbach is my dad, he is living a happy retiree's life in farmington raising cattle and restoring old cars.......

RacerRod,
I can answer that one for you. Rowdy Rick is in Bradenton, Florida. He is semi-retired and working at AutoZone. He sold his car I think in 1992 and pretty much stayed away from the track up until I got him out to MCS just before he left for Florida. His son is now crewing on a car at the local asphalt track down there. If you knew him personnally and want to get a message to him let me know and I will pass it on. I talk to him at least once a week.

Back