Where did the minis go???

racewidow

I'm just drawn that way..
We were told that there were 4 ministocks that showed up to race and then turned around before coming in on Friday night. What happened?

I also heard later that they were told that they would not be allowed to race since there were only 4 - let me correct that right now by saying that IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!!! They would have been welcome to race that night, no matter how many there were.

I can officially say that there is concern about the low car count and that it's being considered to drop that class, but they'll be given at least one more week to bring the numbers up. No one showing up to race last Friday really made us wonder whether or not that class wants to race with us.

PLEASE guys, if you want to race Fredericktown this season, join us this Friday to race to show us that you want to support your class. I hope to see you back.

Thanks,
Tracy

this is what I heard also...so they packed upped and went to doe run... I really worried about this class since Jeff is gone there is nobody to nudge any driver to get ready and come to the rock...

Well that's all false and i talk to CJ and Tod almost daily...they want to race fredericktown....but they don't want to race with just 4...they knew they'd get to race last friday but they want to run with a car count...their 1st choice is fredericktown...that's why they pulled there...so please don't question their efforts of wanting to run there...CJ was calling guys trying to get interest to the rock...but he and his dad and tod showed up and they were the only ones...so they went to doe run...had nothing to do with them thinking they weren't going to get to run...Those two guys will be back sometime....even if it's next year in a B Mod!!

Who was questioning anyone's efforts?!?!?!?! I've been the one defending them and asking that they were given at least one more week to give them a chance to get some more cars, so you don't need to jump down my back about it.

I was only asking what happened to get clarity on the situation. I'd rather find out the truth than listen to a bunch of "well, he said..." crap. I also wanted to clear up the "they were told they wouldn't be able to race" rumor that was going around.

I hope they do bring cars in this Friday and have a good count. I completely understand not wanting to run with 4 cars, but the track is a business and if any business takes a hit more often than not, those responsible have to take a step back and decide whether or not to cut their losses. I really hate to see the class go, but if even the racers don't want to race against 3-4 other cars, what can you do?

mini's

all of us hate to run with a low car count-with 2 friday nite tracks it is splitting the group.we all know that one of the tracks will have to drop the class-and with the majority already going to drr-i was told that is why they came back to drr.trying to let the class survive,just not enough to go around-ya can't blame the rock for dropping the ministocks-now if the rock has any 2 day shows ,that would be a smart choice to run them on saturday-the whole siduation stinks-but for the class to survive it needs to be done,shannon

I really hate to lose them, but if that's what has to be done, then that's what's best for the class. It will also help the tracks for not losing out on car counts and payouts. Best of luck to Doe Run with them.

I'm guessing we'll go ahead and drop the class after this week (got to give it at least one more shot). Don't hold me to that, I'm just making an (educated) guess that we'll drop them.

I wish ALL the mini drivers the BEST of luck and huge successes. I'll miss you at the Rock.

No one showing up to race last Friday really made us wonder whether or not that class wants to race with us.

Tracy...i wasn't trying to jump down anyones throat...i was just clearing the air...it's frustrating to those guys because they want to run there but you want to race at the same time.....and doe run isn't a bad track either...i loved racing my ministock there...there just isn't enough ministocks down here to support two tracks...it's not DRR, the Rocks, or the ministocks fault...sorry if you think i was jumping on you because that's not what i meant...anyways....bring on friday night....

It stinks there's not enough of them to fill both tracks!! They've put on some good races in the past.

I guess the thing to do is let Doe Run have them since most go there to begin with and they actually have competition. I'm sure that's much more fun than 4 guys pretty much playing follow the leader. I honestly don't blame them.

I'll really miss the Wrights and Todd - and even Herbie! (thanks to them for coming every week), but hope that if we do have a special show and include them, that I'll see them back again. Again, best of luck to them all.

Like I said before, I've defended them and hate to see them go, but it's looking like it's the best for (most) everyone. I'm sure a decision will be made on Friday. I'll let everyone know when I hear. :(

why should either track drop them, i know guys that want to run the rock, but just dont have their vehicle's set up for it yet, and guys wanting to run drr just because they dont have to go 100mph just to get home from work and load their stuff to make the race in time, i'd say if they show up let them run

cavalier, I think you're missing part of the point - tracks take a hit when they're paying out more than what a class is bringing in. I'm sure Doe Run takes a hit when their car count is down. With dropping the class from Fredericktown, hopefully at least one track will have successes with them.

Please let me make it perfectly clear - THERE HAS BEEN NO DECISION YET TO DROP THE MINIS FROM OUR LINEUP!!!!

If they show up this Friday (and I hope 18 show up), they will be welcomed and will race as planned.

well i heard a couple are going to show up and give it another try.....unfortunately a couple won't save them....

well heres the solution to the pay out problem, just give them their entry fee back, thats what most of the guys want anyway. it would be like they were never there, and everyone goes home happy

That's great in theory, but when you do something like that, trust me, not everyone's happy - the drivers would have to discuss it and approve that offer IF it's made to them. I'll pass the info along and we'll see what happens.

I'm really glad to hear that some are going to come on Friday. I really hope it all works out.

Its not just the money on the driver's part. They want competetion and who can blame them??? I wouldn't want to be out there making "ho hum" laps if I had the chance to race door to door with several others.

Coming To The Rock

As The Wolf's Girlfriend, Dave And Cj Have Talked To Several Drivers This Week.there Should Be Over Ten Ministocks There On Friday. There Will Be A Couple Here From The City And Others From The Area. I Think We Need To Have More Than One Week Before You Decide To Drop This Class. Here's An Invitation Or Maybe A Challenge To Any Ministock Driver Really Wanting To Run-- Show Up At The Track Let's See What You Are Made Of! It Will Be A Lot Of Fun And Let's Put On A Hell Of A Show For The Crowd And Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!c'ya Tomorrow Night.

As The Wolf's Girlfriend, Dave And Cj Have Talked To Several Drivers This Week.there Should Be Over Ten Ministocks There On Friday. There Will Be A Couple Here From The City And Others From The Area. I Think We Need To Have More Than One Week Before You Decide To Drop This Class. Here's An Invitation Or Maybe A Challenge To Any Ministock Driver Really Wanting To Run-- Show Up At The Track Let's See What You Are Made Of! It Will Be A Lot Of Fun And Let's Put On A Hell Of A Show For The Crowd And Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!c'ya Tomorrow Night.
I'M GLAD TO SEE WOLF AND CJ step up to the plate for the mini's with me working so far away now it's hard to help out like I use to... I want to get back in them also but the car I want to build will only be legal a the rock!

As much as I appreciate CJ and Wolf trying to get car count up, there's been others who have been helping. Thanks Trashdog who has made many calls and Bill who I'm sure has been working on it as well. Thanks everyone who has helped.

Back