Where were all the locals?(the future)

Sprintcar#8Fan

I was wondering where all the locals were tonight? No Montgomery boys, Hull, Worley, Babb. I talked to Steve Short at the track and he said it's to much money with two new tires, pit passes, fuel etc. The car count is almost always around 45 cars when the outlaw are in town. Tonight 32. Tonights racing was awesome, but it's nights like this that make me worry about the future of sprint car racing on a local level. It just costs so much money and with gas prices going up and up who knows. Will tracks like jacksonville and farmington have sprints on a weekly basis in the future? What's your thoughts and opinions?

It was posted on stlracing earlier this week that the Montgomery's wouldn't be making the trip, Hull either, he was at Lake Ozark Speedway running a 360 ( which he won by the way.) Pevely usually averages around 35-40 sprints for their WoO shows, somtimes a couple more, sometimes a couple less. With the All Stars not having any races this week, alot of their guys have been racing with the Outlaws here and there. Our locals don't have 40 thousand dollar motors in their cars with 3 spare motors in their trailors either. Someone said on here the other day that Wyzard broke her motor and would be sidelined for a few weeks. Gas prices has affected the way some of the drivers are planning their schedules, but I don't think local racing is hurting. If anything local racers not showing up at big shows like this, might actually wake-up someone from lala land and realize that the cost that it takes to compete competitively is getting out of hand.......yeah right:rolleyes: sorry, I must be tired.

AJ Bruns and Terry Babb were in Indiana with the MSCS series. Jay Landolt is still out trying to put his racecar back together. Some of the local guys dont like running with them for the chance of tearing up equipment. Many of them would take a week and sit out compared to tearing something up. Chances of slimmer for the local guys to make the show but not impossible as a few of them showed. Plus, remember gas prices are horrible in central IL the cheapest gas is 2.25 and thats not desiel.

Congrats to Jimmy Hurley who was the top local finisher. Also, Firday night at Spoon River Speedway, Jimmy finished 5th I believe. Sounds like he had a good run all weekend. Congrats buddy keep up the good work.

yah i wanted to say congrats to Jimmy for the top local finisher....also congrats to Joey Montgomery for doing a great job pushing off cars instead of racing...LOL!!

Back