Where will Waltrip be next year.....

Waltrip next year?

• Total voters
Said on Jayski that Mikey could go to the CNC Haas car replacing Mike Bliss. NAPA is rumered to be going to the 6.

Top twenty driver 5 years in a row, 2 time Daytona 500 winner, incredible personality, extremely charismatic, well spoken and media savvy, I think any sponsor with any brains at all would LOVE to have Michael Waltrip representing them. Teams need sponsors, sponsors need clean cut guys with PR skills to frotn them, Michael fits the bill better than just about any driver out there, so teams need Michael.

I don't think Michael will struggle to find a ride for next year. I think he is much better off leaving DEI and improving his prospects. I mean, it isn't like Dale Jr is doing much better with the same equipment, so I don't think anyone can blame Michael too much for the lack of results.

When I look at Michael Waltrip as a commodity, and DEI as a commodity, I would put my money on Mikey doing better out of this deal, finding a better ride, and going on to better things, whil DEI will continue to go backwards, much as they have done since the death of Dale Sr.

That's just my take on the situation. I am happy for Mikey, to be honest. He is finally going to be free of DEI, and done with playing second fiddle to Jr.

I too think Mikey is done getting a top notch ride.

t.nie...yes those are all true statements BUT they all were when he was with DEI when DEI was unbeatable at the superspeedways. All it takes is a quick look at MW stats before he joined DEI to see what he's (not) capable of as a driver. Sorry to state is so bluntly but with out the equipment of a DEI, Hendricks, etc MW is not that good of a driver even with that caliber of equipment he's only decent.

I don't think DEI is all that great, to be honest, certainly not since Sr died. I say he is better off gone. Like I said though, that is just my take on the deal.

I think the "top notch" teams are more interested in young gun drivers than guys like Mikey. That's too bad. Look at Ward Burton. Great driver. No ride. I agree Michael has great assets as far as his fan-appeal. I also agree he is a mid-pack caliber driver. My bet is - no ride for Michael. Not on any competitive team anyway.

I don't see how anyone can think that he won't be with a good team next year. Anyone who saw nascar live on speed when he was on there, knows he will have a good ride for next year. He said it was in his best intrest, so why would you leave a team, if it wasn't in your best interest? I can almost guarantee you he already has one. Michael will be with a good team next year...no doubt!

F.Martin#25fan

Michael will be with a good team next year...no doubt!

Good team? I'd say yes, for sure. Top caliber? Hey you never know.
Ward Burton is a great guy, one of my favorite Nascar drivers. But he's not exactly Mr. Excitement. I think Mike has more "saleability" then Ward. JMO

My favorite line by Mikey was this year when he was challenging for the lead in a race, and went too hard into a turn and almost smacked the wall. In the interview after the race Mike said,

"I tried everything I could to get around him, and then I just ran out of talent."

lol........ this guy is way to entertaining. He'll be in a Cup ride for sure. :cool:

I think Mikey still has something left. The other night on Trackside Rusty hinted around that he knew where Mikey may be next year, leaving the thought to the viewers that he may be in the #2 car. Of course Mikey did not respond. I know most owners are looking for the young guns, but you can't ignore the advantage of experience either. While he has not been one of the great drivers, he has talent and is still not running bad, I hope and think he still has another 3-5 good years before going into announcing.

I'm guessing Mikey and big brother will start their own race team. They have the money and the personalities to get top sponsors. If DEI wont give him what he wants, then go out and get it on his own.

Mikey will find a ride. What kind who knows??? How many top notch rides will be open? He will not be in the unemployment line thats for sure.

Back