Who is the best up and coming talent in the sprints

mini_mull_h8ter

Who does everyone think is the best up and coming young talent in the sprints at SFCR?

My opion is Jason Keith, Joey Montgomery, and Jimmy Hurley

do you tinker on keith's car? oh and yeah i'd agree with you on jason keith, he's been doing pretty well. but as far as the best up and coming driver goes, i'd havta say joey montgomery. jimmy hurley has been doing well also as well as bryan mathews,and look at the two rookies this year, kent buckley and dereck o'dell, theyve been doing very good for thier first year. my top 3 would be:

1.joey montgomery
2.jason keith
3.jimmy hurley

I am not real impressed yet with o'dell but buckley has been staying out of everybodys way usually. I have only seen him get in the way a couple of times. but other than that he is doing well don't take it wrong about o'dell he is a very good driver just hasn't really got a hold of it yet. On the other hand the person that i think is always in the way of everybody is tyler thompson, you know kinda like when he runs over people in the heat race on the yellow flag(poor tim).

If we are talking real rookies..........I will have to go with Kent Buckley without a doubt. I, too, agree that Joey Montgomery and Jason Keith are good drivers, but they have been doing it for a while.......Joey longer than Jason. I keep waiting for Jason to get that first feature win. He's worked his butt off and I know he is waiting for it to. So, good luck Jason. I hope to see you in victory lane soon. And to the youngster, Kent Buckley, you know I'm always cheering for ya (along with my gang). The more seat time you have, the better you will be. Keep up the great job, fellas.

"mr. Caution Flag"? That's This Driver's Nickname According To Someone On Here. If I Could Find The Post I'd Show Ya Then You Would Know Right Off Who It Is. I Can't Remember Who Called Him That Neither But It Was Funny, Cause The Poster Did Have A Point He Does Bring Out Alot Of Yellows.

i dont much agree about buckley being out of the way...i watched him hold up the leaders for several laps a week or two ago. i think hes doing a fine job, though...and he has a great attitude about it. as far as buckley vs o'dell...i think o'dell is the faster of the two right now...maybe thats why he gets in the way a little more. as far as up and comers...jason keith(when ole lucky actually gets some luck), joey montgomery, jimmy hurley(what a difference a year and $38K make), jason hunt, bryan mathews, adler does ok, but has a bit of a chip sometimes...and you cant forget keith burch...he may not win in the next week or so, but hes about as steady eddy as it gets...tom has taught him well.

I think Bryan Mathews has stepped it up alot ! He is getting better finishes also when he is driving a good line. he is getting much faster..... So, i say Bryan Mathews !! LeaDonna

Back