Who is the man

que pasa

Pimpin' Aint Easy
Who is going to be the guys to beat in 05 and who is going to win the the champinship.

that's a REALLY good question....because there are A LOT of really good drivers!!but here is what i think on who are gonna be the ones to beat...
Sprints-Daniel Adler, Jimmy Hurley, and the Montgomery brothers
Multis-Casey Barnhouse, Joey Boyd, and Tank Bridgeman
Modifieds-Billy Smith and Kenny Kennedy
Late Models-Kasey Nations and Kevin Mosier
(i have NO clue who to pick for the Pure Streets...I really dont watch them) :confused:

who i think the track champs are gonna be...
Sprints-Jimmy Hurley(he came close last year and its time for a change):)
Multis-Casey Barnhouse(he has for the past two years) :D
Modifieds-Billy Smith(has either been track champ or came close for the past few years):D
Late Models-Kasey Nations(last years champ)

There ain't no Late Models at SFCR ;)

My opinion:

Hobbystock-Kenny Harris, Kasey Nations, Matt Eaton
Multis- Barnhouse
Sprints-Tim Montgomery or Jimmy Hurley
Modifieds- Billy Smith or Brent Thompson

Sprint cars-Joey Montgomery
Modifieds-Mike Francis
Pure Streets-Kenny Harris
Multi's- Barnhouse (of course)

It's actually crazy to even post who I think will win cause it's so tight in all the classes! In sprint cars ya got joey montgomery, jason keith (I look for him to have a breakout year next season which means paying the frontstretch a visit with the checkerd flag a couple times maybe more) Jimmy Hurley(hurley will win a coupel as well),Daniel Adler(had an awesome rookie year!he'll be even better next season), Worley Jr., Hull there's too many! Modifieds are really tight, billy smith,brent thompson,kenny kennedy,mike francis,tim hill,mike crader. Pure streets, i really dont know much on other than kenny harris,eaton, and nations. If i heard right greenwalt as well. Will be strange not seeing the 32 sprint car at farmington much..From what i seen on here and heard elsewhere he'll be running coopers car in a series??? well anyways..looking forward to race season tired of settin at home on weekends!

For those who don't know...

The classes at SFCR are: Sprint Cars, Modifieds, Sportsman, Multis, and (new in 2005) Pure Streets.

The 2004 Championship in the Sportsman was not Kasey Nations, it was Doug Savage, followed by Matt Eaton by a mere 2 points (who won the most features at SFCR in the Sportsman this year), Kevin Mosier, and Kasey Nations. With the 4 of them having one heck of a points battle going into the last night. Mere points separated ALL of them at the end of the last night of points. This class proved to be competitive. All of these drivers had EXCELLENT seasons.

There are LOTS of talented drivers, so picking who will be "the man" in 2005 is very difficult to do. I have heard that several drivers won't be running for the points championship at SFCR, but I won't give any names at this time...just in case they change thier mind. They will run SFCR here and there but may decide to do a little more traveling this year. We'll have to wait and see.

My picks for '05

"Hotrod" Hurley in Sprints
Mike Francis in Mods
"The Hustler" in Sportsmen (Nasty Nations would be okay, too!)
Pete Koenig and/or Greenwalt in Pure streets
Barnhouse or Barks in Multis (although it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Ferguson get it)

I would like to give a wish of luck to ALL the drivers at SFCR in '05!

sprint cars

I think it will be between Jimmy Hurley and Joey Montgomery. Hurley went threw a strech of bad luck there at the end of last season, which was when Joey passed him in points. Joey got really hot then though. It should be a good one but I will put my money on Hurley. a little rumor I have heard about Jimmy Hurley is that he is going to be All Star racing next year so that will be a big factor in it. I think Billy The Kid Smith will win the modifieds with Casey Barnhouse in the Multis.

I hear Jimmy wont be chasing points at SFCR next year either, but going to run a traveling show. Just hear say, but an excellent source for all hurley info :)

hm maybe ya shouldnt start rumors

I personally know Jimmy Hurley if he doesnt get the sponsorship money from a sponsor that we will remain private he will not be traveling with the all-stars. if the sponsorship money does not come through he will be running weekly at jacksonville and farmington. the only all-star and WOO shows he will be running if the money does not come through is the the ones that are close to home. so as of right now things remain up in the air unless you want to fork some money over to help support his racing career. so for all you know jimmy hurley may be back in farmington running at the top with the best again next year. hopefully the money will come through for him and he will be able to run with the big dogs and show his talent.

jim moughan retired... he runs some shows but not like he used to.... he has a nephew that runs named joey moughan.... but jimmy got in the top ten in points down in jacksonville without running all the shows....but he is semi-retired for now

Rumor has it that Kasey Nations will be getting a awsome new powerplant from his Dads construction business, and when that happens he should be able to win a few more next year.

Jerome Greenwalt and John Bohn should both be really tough in modifieds, look for Reando to be the rookie of the year in that class.

Sprints, well we all know the deal there there is three or four guys that are always up front.

Latemodels will be there monthly, and I hope to do really well, if Dad ever stays out of the hospital long enough to buy me that new engine next month.

Hey Dean ......

You sound really concerned about your Dad's health ??????????????? And, i was told Kent Nations sold his Late Model so sounds like Don will have 2 Sportsman cars to keep up with ! Good Luck racing ...I also agree about jeremy, i think he is warmed up and ready for some checkered flags at Farmington ... :) LD

It has been rough lately, he has been in and out, with adjustments to the blood thiners they have him on. He has always been really healthy, and the last few months has been doctor visit after hospital stay.

Back