Who Thinks I-55 Needs A Score Board ???

Just wondering if I am the only one who thinks that I-55 needs a score board or at least a lap counter.I was at Haubstadt last night and what a show. They have a lap counter that you can keep track of the laps on. This is not a complaint it simply is an observation. It is hard to hear the announcer everywhere that i have been to. It is nice to look up and see the qualifying times and lap count. Please tell me if I'm the only one who feels this way.

I think every track blessed with the resources to invest in it should have a scoreboard and transponder scoring. If the board can display several places like at Lake Ozark, all the better.

I thought there was talk about them putting one up a couple years back? Obviously just a rumor. Either way, it would be a welcome addition to I-55

Definitely would be a welcome addition.

It would also be nice if Granite City had one that worked. :)

I'd love to see one there! Was sure wishing that Tri-City's would have been working last night after the P.A. system went out. Couldn't tell what lap they were on until the flagman gave the signal for 2 to go. There's plenty of room for a scoreboard up in turns 1 and 2 at I-55. What-a-ya-say Ray?????

I forgot to mention the idea that we came up with for TCS last night. Instead of repairing the scoreboard we think that it would be better to get one of those hard working girls from PT's or Diamond to come over and hold up a board with the lap number on it. I think the male race fans would probably take to this a lot better than the females though. And it may cause for more confusion in the long run, cause more than likely the lap girl would be watched more than the race and nobody would know when the race was over unless she walked off the track! LOL! Just an idea though. Might be enough to make some money for Bob to repair the scoreboard too!!!! LMAO!

I agree, a score board would be a nice addition. Tri-State Speedway (Haubstadt, IN) has one, I think it is a very useful tool.

Hate to get off the subject but how's the car Mrs4J? I heard the Scott had a pretty costly crash Saturday night.

If tracks elected to go the exploding display type of board, i.e. Macon or Farmer City's, they could run ads on it to help defray the cost.

Q-
The car is not repairable. We have some things in the works; nothing in "stone" yet. Thank you to everyone who has called and offered! He's a little sore; but OK!

Back