Who wathces the racing on channel 8?

Just curious if anyone wathces the racing that riverbend productions puts on cable charter channel 8. What do you think? Thanks, Dan.

I've watched a few times. It's kind of nice to be able to watch it, although the announcer/commentator needs help with some of the driver's last names.

times

They always seem to be switching around but I think that it goes like this:
Sat the racing starts at 3:00 and they have Godfrey, Highland and Tri City. Sunday they have midget and mini sprints with motorcycles at 1:30 then at 4:30 is Belle Clair.

i watch it all the time.....but every time it shows highland these past few weeks every time i catch it.....it shows the same night.....wish they would show a dif night.....and do they show the special races on ch 8??? just wondering any info would be nice ty

70b5racing

I watched the Belleville races this Sunday from last Friday in which John Lanford #42 won his first ever feature in the Late Models. I think they did show all the heats contrary to an earlier reply to this thread. I thought the video was very good, but announcer must be added later and he's boring! They remind me of Larry Matysik on "Wrestling at the Chase". haha. But I am thankful that this local channel shows our area racing. Thanks CHARTER!

RacerRod

need some serious help

i think the program is just a typical joe may joke. you can tell don mcelroy and crew is no longer involved. what are those guys doing now. you might want to find out they did the show the commentating at the races they could follow therace and give it excitement. dont mean to say these guys aint trying but there is so much more you can give the show. get a good camera not something u put in ur pocket. that camera dont pick up anything exceppt what is in front of them. and follow the racing it dont have to be the leader it can be racing for last place. joe may is notcommited to giving quality product.... just my thoughts

Commentating during the race would be a nightmare. It's unreasonable to expect the camera person to know driver names for 4 or 5 classes. Now try to follow where the action is taking place while remembering those 100 or so names. Throw in the noise of the cars and fugettabaddit. The only way to catch all the racing would be to get a wide enough shot so that the whole track was visible. I'm just glad someone has taken an interest in broadcasting the races.

Only Belle Clair gets the full races. I shoot Belle Clair and Highland or Tri City and it is very hard to try and follow the entire race but I try. If you take the camera off of who is in first you can easily get lost and there is no one else there to help you spot. I don't know why Highland has not been running. I know one week we went to the special challenge of champions on Wed instead of the regular race on Sat night. Sorry, I only shoot the races. As far as the pocket camera goes I think it does a fine job. Do you want tighter shots or do you think it is too dark? It is very dusty and it will probably be broken by the end of the year. I wish Joe would let me produce all the races but he has another guy named Bruce for that. Perhaps you've seen the Bruce Veech show? Now that is quality programming at it best. :D :D :D

DirtFan said:
I've watched a few times. It's kind of nice to be able to watch it, although the announcer/commentator needs help with some of the driver's last names.
and there first names too hehe jason man not justin, jason for the 73 mod (bellclair)

i believe the guys before u taped all the races at the track live and edited commercials later so i guess u are saying they did not know the names and how to do it. dude get a clue they have been around it and understood it. they did not have joey may to supervise them thats why it was a good show that u could see and understand dont compare your thing to the show they had maybe joe should bring them back but he would step over them and not even say thank you for doing it for free it wont last enjoy the races

Anyone who wants to gripe about THEIR programming of events...go buy the equipment(youll crap at that expense alone)..put up with the heat..power difficulties(ever tried getting power to the top of bleachers??) dust..weather..people yelling..getting in camera..ect..and then go try to get it on tv. With ads mixed in..its hard..really hard. These guys do it..for little to nothing..and i think its cool to watch..since i dont get to see much racing lately. Thanks guys..we appreciate the work.

i try to watch but its painful. guess i got spoiled by the fine job donnie did a couple years ago. they would produce the whole show right there at the track so i know it can be done. biggest thing about taping the races is you gotta be a fan so you know what your looking for.

racin 90

dont even start with me u have no idea who i am. and its called an extension cord thats how you get power up the bleachers. it sounds like you have no clue on anything and need to stay away from this thread...wouldn't u like to know

Lol..im not starting..anything..i just happeend to have met these guys..when they did my mom's commercial..cool guys!! Just explaining..it is lotta work..dealing with lotta people..situations..getting up and down bleachers..ect. If you know of some god who can make that into the espn3 of racing..call him. But..let him know..he aint gonna make didly squat..cause you do it for the love of racing. For people to come here..and gripe about what they do..how they do it..please..work on their budget..put up with their situations..for 1 week..and then come on here..tell us how you have become the next Benny Parsons of commentary. Not a personal shot to you..at all.

Back