Who's going to be at the royal?

Sprintcar#8Fan

The all stars are done on the 27th of this month. Do you think any of them will make it? Kemenah, Smith, Hannagan? What about Sammy and Kevin Swindell? You also have Mike Ward, Ricky Stenhouse Jr, Cameron Dodson. Made some Knoxville regulars, Billy Alley, Wayne Johnson. The Outlaws are in PA at the grove that weekend. Not that regulars would be here, but maybe some of the names I just said. Anyone hear of any big names that might be there? I can't wait, it will be a great show with a great car count!

#8 FAN:
Hard to say who might show up. Based on the past years you might expect Danny Smith, Kelly Kinser, May, Hannigan, and Campbell from the All-Stars. I would like to see Kemenah there but he is usually competitive with the outlaws and likely will run with them in PA. Possible Knoxville and upper Midwest drivers could include the likes of Brian Brown, Jesse Hockett, and Billy Alley. The ASCS is running in Texas and may draw some of them if they have interest in their "national" 360 series next year.
Hopefully some or most of the Illinois cars that ran at Spoon River last week will be at the Royale. Blake Feese won in the 50 DeRue car that Hull ran a lot this year, but he may be running a taxi somewhere. Also at Canton were Ron and Robbie Standridge, Bobby Hawks, Babb, AJ Bruns, Landoldt, K Weyent, Hurley, Adler, Wyzard and some others. I suspect some of them may have run 360's in that race. Dodson has been running mostly blacktop. Little Stenhouse has run all over including a lot of ASCS. There have not been many Memphis cars at SFCR in recent years. I would be happy with a field of 40 good 410's along with a few also rans.

I think you will have quite a few cars there especially with Granite City running on Sunday. I think you will get a lot of drivers to travel to farmington then go to Granite city. It should be a good show.

Are going to be there racing Jeremy? I was hoping to see you race at Canton. I saw you in the pits with your dad, but I didn't see your car! I know you said on a different post that you were hoping to buy some tires and money was tight. If I may ask was that the case? I hope your there racing at SFCR for the royal.

Ya i would have loved to race canton but i didn't have the money to buy an open tire, and my dad hasn't had much help all year and he helped me alot at lincoln this year. and i wouldn't have it any other way. dad is really smart being able to watch what the car is doing and taking input from me. I guess he should know though since hes been doing it for 30 years. As of right now im planning on running the queens royal and then granite city on sunday. I ve been talking to a few of my sponsors to see if they can help out on tires for that weekend. I talked to cory franklin a couple of nights ago and told him too that i wish i could afford to race farmington every week, but when i blew the engine up in july it really put a hurting to me, but as of right now im planning on being there next weekend.

Well that's good news. I hope everything works out for you so you can be there to race. I can't believe the years almost over already. Speaking of your dad, he's a great racer. When I was a little kid going to shaheens every sunday I still remember your dad kicking some butt out there! What a class of sprintcar drivers they had there. Your dad, Ron Milton, Tony Wyantt, Jim Moughan, Randy Standridge, Jerry Russell, Tommy Scott, Dave Feese, Rick Pennell, Dean Shirley, and your uncle Robbie was just starting out to drive. I was 13 when that track closed and I still miss it to this day! I'll be making the trip to SFCR and hopefully you'll be able to do the same.

Back