Who's in favor of PURE STOCKS at I-55?

Racerrod

racerrod
Just a survey to see who would be in favor of racing their pure stocks at I-55 raceway in 2005? It would sure be nice to see them return to the Pevely High Banks and if they did I'd bring mine there and try it out. I miss the "real stock" cars at Pevely. Does anyone else?

RacerRod

I don't have one but i would love to watch the Pure Stocks at Pevely. They put on a really good show the past 2 years at the sportsman fall nationals.

Tom

I would love to see them every Saturday night, but don't get your hopes up! Allied has it made right now...only paying 3 purses with 4 classes of cars.

It would be nice to run there in the Pure Stock division, I would be there every week, but that track is hard on motors like the ones that are legal now. Maybe some modifications could be made to the motor rules.
It would be nice, but it won't happen!!

CHEWIN_DIRT said:
I would love to see them every Saturday night, but don't get your hopes up! Allied has it made right now...only paying 3 purses with 4 classes of cars.

Well, you know what they say about supply and demand. Allied supplies no purse to the Pro-4s, yet there's a demand by the Pro-4 racers for pit passes, so the result is they get to run but don't get paid. It's not really "fair", but...

From a fan's perspective, adding another entry level class is akin to the redundancy in class that Godfrey has with the "a" and "b" mods. One wonders why Allied wouldn't want to have the same entry level class at both of their tracks, though.

goingracing said:
Cancel all Pro-4 and all Pure-stock classes for me.
Yeah! If all you broke a sses can't afford at least a sportsman car you shouldn't race!!! :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

Sorry, but if it wasn't for the support classes, there wouldn't be any Late Models on the local level!:confused: :confused:

Brandon Paul said:
From a fan's perspective, adding another entry level class is akin to the redundancy in class that Godfrey has with the "a" and "b" mods. One wonders why Allied wouldn't want to have the same entry level class at both of their tracks, though.
Both racks?? Because not eveyone can race on Friday nights. Work and family may have prority.

Redundacy?? I don't think so. Its not all about the fans. Do things in the best interest of the drivers also.I can't see much good running around the track in a 4cyl front wheel drive car is going to do for you if you choose to move up to the sportsman. The 4cyl's are for fun and for guys who don't have or don't want to spend the money to race the higher divisions. Sportsman are not a beginner division.

Purestock/Streetsocks on the other hand, are a great stepping stone for guys looking to go further in racing.

Being a 4 cylinder racer who moved into a bomber, I agree with the posts that say the 4 cylinder cars are for fun, and the bomber cars are the real entry level. I have a lot of respect for the fast 4 cylinder guys, and I think it is great the class exists. But, I would also say the jump from a 4 cylinder to a sportsman is ridiculous, and the move to bombers is really the most cost effective step to take to start climbing the ladder.

Godfrey- 4 paid classes
Highland- 5 paid classes
Mt. Vernon- 5 paid classes
TCS- 5 paid classes
MCS- 4 paid classes
Belleville- 4 paid classes
I55- 3 paid classes 1 trophy class

i would love to race my bomber there , i love trying out new tracks ..... i would be there every weekend!!

More time wasted

Yeah, that's what we need something else to drag the show out. We already waste enough time with the 4 cylinder junk yard class. Do you really think fans want to see that crap? Next season, watch what happens when the junk pulls onto the track, the restrooms fill up!

Just because the hornet guys can't afford or choose not to spend the money on a higher class doesn't mean that they shouldn't be recognized. They are out there to have fun as is all the other racers. The Pure Stock class is also a very fun class to watch. Apparently you weren't at the Sportsman Fall Nationals otherwise you would know that they put on one hell of a show. If you don't like the classes they run then thats a great time for you to take you restroom break. But there are other classes other than the late models and modifieds that deserve the resect that everyone gets. I myself would love to see the pure stocks at Pevely. So hopefully some day we will see the Pure Stocks on the high banks of Pevely.

Tom

Dirtbozz said:
Yeah, that's what we need something else to drag the show out. We already waste enough time with the 4 cylinder junk yard class. Do you really think fans want to see that crap? Next season, watch what happens when the junk pulls onto the track, the restrooms fill up!

You ought to be glad then. You aren't missing anything right? DICK!

Dirtbozz said:

There are tracks that drag the show out. I think we've discussed that at length on this forum. ;) Pevely isn't one of them.

As for calling the Hornets, Pro-4, or whatever else they may be called, "junk", I've a question for you. Just because they don't use aftermarket parts, that makes them "junk?"

I've said it before--any class that pays full pit pass fee to run, and takes little to nothing out the purse, is great from my persepective as a fan. That's money that I don't have to spend in the form of increased admission price at the spectator gate. :)

Of course we all prefer to see high HP LMs and mods, but racers have to get their start somewhere. If you want to make a "pitstop" when the entry level classes run, here's your chance, go for it. :rolleyes:

if they paid the the class a little money you would be able to pay the three paying clsses some more money case in point farmer city

Back