Who's promoting Mt.Vernon in '05?

sean2

Keep Watching
I read on another forum that Tim Herbst will be running Mt.Vernon this year & that he & his partner are planning to start "an organization that sanctions weekly racing at tracks that need a viable alternative to skyrocketing prices." Anyone have any info on this ?

topdog123 said:
Yes, Tim is the man for 05'.

Well I guess that makes it official. Congrats to Tim & good luck! I know he was trying to get some weekly races at BCR but was unable to because of "certian issues". I think Mt.Vernon will work out alot better for him anyway.

I hear that Tims partner is Charlie Depew, is this true? I am sorry Rick but the three cars we were bringing will not be there, I think you were the best promoter/owner in the area, and I can't imagine racing for anyone else at your track. This really disappoints us because we were so excited about coming to your track and running with you and your boys. I guess if it is true that Charlie is involved that Harrison will be running there weekly? I am sorry if this comes off rude, but you were everyone's last hope of a good solid race track to race at, I mean just look around, Gundaker at tri-city, Charlie at Brownstown and Highland, George Carroll at Godfrey, what's the racing world coming to? I have to say at least Rick, you were the fairest and most easiest promoter to talk to, I mean we seen you even put your car to the back one night. What's next George W. Bush gonna run a race track around here?????:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey gofast1, think about what you just said. If Charlie is promoting Highland and Brownstown, how could he also be at Mt. Vernon? I guess you need to go race with Allied so you can complain about them too.

Thank God John Kerry's not running a race track around here, he'd double the taxes on everything from ticket prices to hot dogs!

Gofast, you really need to get your facts straight. Tim will be promoting Mt Vernon in 05. Period. No one else. Give him a chance. You just might like him, too. I can't think of any reason not to. I might just take a run down to Mt Vernon a run this year, since he is going to be there.

For all of you drivers who had something to say about the earlier thread, I know for a fact that two of you don't even run at mt.vernon, and I never said that Tim didn't do a good job, but in the past he has run out of money and at Granite all he was, was the yes man or should I say the "go to guy", don't get me wrong I like Tim, but I really liked running for Rick and I do have the right to have my own opinion, yes I know opinions are like ***holes and everyone has them and yes I have mine. I never said for sure about Charlie, if you could read Jimmie, I asked if he was Tim's partner because there was talk that Charlie was a silent partner, which means he doesn't have to be there. And if you could read t.nie one of the first threads on this page said Tim and his partner!!

Let me try to clear this up for you alittle bit, We at Mt. Vernon have placed our trust & confidense in Tim, to run MVn for the 05' season. All though I do consider Charlie Depew to be a good friend of mine,he is not part of this deal. Tim's job is to, run & promote all aspects of MVN Raceway, for the 05' season. Thank you, Rick Heck

gofast1 said:
And if you could read t.nie one of the first threads on this page said Tim and his partner!!

The comment you are referring to refers to Tim and a partner organizing a sanctioning body, not the promotion of Mount Vernon. Two entirely different things. But thank you all the same.;)

And I would also like to point out that last year at TCS was the best season in quite a while, in part due to rules changes and the addition of Tim Herbst in the hot seat on race nights.

In addition, he also succesfully promoted a mini series at BCR on Sundays.

Yes, you are entirely entitled to your opinion; you liked Rick, and are not sure about Tim. Fair enough.

Tim Herbst

I can tell you from past experience with Tim,,,,you will have a straight shooter here. He will treat every one the same. He has no favorites on race night. He sticks with the rules and doesn't make ignorant decisions as they may arise. He will greet each and everyone with a "thanks for coming" attitude. Everyone won't agree with this post and that's alright,,,but I believe what I said is true. I've known him for about 20 years now and he'll treat you like a friend every time. Just my opinion.

I spoke to Tim at the TCS rules meeting about the classes/rules (cause I was looking at the bomber rules for the track, thinking about towing down there for a night or two), and he told me there were no changes in store for 05 as far as classes and rules.

Will the web site be updated on a regular basis with the results and points? This is something that has been an up and down situation.

Back