Who's Your Favorite Local Driver??

aero_push

and why....I'm kind of curious as to why people pick the drivers they cheer for, other then they are related

I like most of the drivers.....there's only a handful I don't like...and I'm not naming names.

Anyway, if there is a driver I'll root for first, it's Ed Dixon in late models, Rusty Griffaw in modifieds....oh wait, can't do that at I-55 anymore :(....., and Ed Lowry in sportsman.

Would have to say the Melvin boys!! :D I just cannot believe these two won't give their fans a little more time!! I have went out to the pits with my son almost every saturday night at Mt. Vernon & they are always gone!! My son thinks they are both just about it & I think they should give a little back to their fans!!!

I would have to say the Melvin boys. As far as giving back to their fans, they do. We have known them for several years and they have been totally awesome to my family. The guys both work very hard on their cars and Im sure like most others, by the end of the night they are ready to get home. Maybe try catching them a little earlier in the evening. ;)

Mods: Kevin Cole and Chad Kinder

SBLM: Rodney Melvin and Jeff Sloan

i root for Billy Faust and Jeep Van Wormer In latemodels. Billy Faust because hes a nice guy, just doesnt talk much. lol... and Jeep because i like the music he plays in his hauler... I know Jeeps not local, but oh well! I forgot someone!! Justin Allgaier... Hes one of my favorite drivers also! i cant believe i forgot him! i like justin cause hes my age and its awsome that he can run that well with everyone. Hes always nice to me when i talk to him!
Mods: Bobby Bittle because he cares about his fans and hes a nice guy! He always gives me a hug when he sees me. His family is wonderful too. Janet is so nice to me always!
My favorite sportsman driver is of course: JIMMY CUMMINS! I'm not exactly sure why i like him, maybe i was forced into it! lol j/k jimmy! I like jimmy cause he always talks to me, and is nice to me. Im always rootin for ya! (happy??)

In no particular order or importance, these are the drivers I like to see win:
Late Models: Aaron Kleine, Dean Hoffman, Brent Kreke, Paul Belken, Jimmy Burwell

Modifieds: Ray Walsh, Marty Smith Jr., Rusty Griffaw, Rich Whaley, Bobby Bittle, Roger Fohne, Jay Hughes, Scott Weber, Brian Worley, Neon Leon Rakers

Street Stocks: Chris The Sausage Smith, Dave Geebox, Hot Rod Todd McGraw, Paul Bauman, Chad Freakingfelder, Doc Koch, Big Dave Bardin, IRcky Hollywood Horton

Bombers: Denny Ponder, Scott Ponder, Luke Hewitt, Jake Hewitt, Justin Curry, Corey Perigo

People that I root for that dont really have a car to drive right now: Steve Maisel, Marty Smith Sr., Joe Dog Volluz

thats all i can think of right now

OK I had to add a few

I would like to see you win more often, Jimmy. I would like to see Bill Ernst race more, especially this year. lol. And I like seeing Ed Dixon win, just cause I do. And Tim Jordan. It would be nice to see Tim take the checkers just once in a sportsman, but then he would be beating some of my other favorites like Chad Naylor and Terry Chester and Walker, and...and...and......... aaw heck, if your in a car, your my favorite driver and I want to see you win.

But most of all? I would like to see ME win.;) ;) :D

There are very few drivers that I don't like. These are the ones that I root for the most though.
Mark Oller and Tim Ratacjzk in the late models. They are pretty much the underdogs. Everyone seems to think that it will be either Dixon or Gundaker, and then one of these two just zooms on by on the inside. Nothin more exciting than that.

Rich Whaley in the mods. I've been friends with him since I remember. He's a great racer, and has a chance to be an even better racer.

Ed Lowery in the Sportsman. I've known Ed since I've went to the races. He's gone through a lot, and untill this year, it wasn't much good. He's having a break through season and it couldn't have happened to a better family.

But my favorite I'd say is Lenny Garson:D :D Lenny is out there to have fun. I believe he has fun too. He may not have the best equipment, or even the newest, but he is out there doing what he loves to do. I hope that I can race as long as he and have as much fun as I'm sure he's had.

Late Models

Jason Frankel
Rumble

Mods

John Seets

Sportsman

RANDY HANKS ALL THE WAY
Daryl Dodge

My vote is for Jason Pritz , I hear he will let you pass him on the last lap of a race if you give him some Hoosker doos.................LOL
gotcha pritski:D

My favorite drivers are...

Don't get mad, but these are in no favorite order, except for DEAN HOFFMAN and Jimmy Cummins.

Late Models: DEAN HOFFMAN #1D (of course), Vince Grondzki #32, Aaron Kleine #9, Mike "the Hammer Man" Hammerle, Brent Kreke #13, Dave Jumper (because he has a pretty GREEN CAR, Jimmy Burwell #44 because he tries so hard and his Mom is so nice!, "Revin' Kevin" Gundaker #11 because he drives so hard out there!, Mark Oller #67

Modifieds: DEAN HOFFMAN (when he ran a mod), Roger Fohne #29, Marty Smith, Jr. #55, Ray "the show stopper" Walsh #1W (the next Jimmy Cummins), Marty Smith, Sr. #5, "Joe Dog" Volluz, Bobby Bittle #89 (cause he's very nice and his wife, Janet, is the sweetest thing!), and Leon Rakers #3 the one-man racing team!! (I just love Leon!)

Sportsman: JIMMY CUMMINS #19 (of course), "Joe Dog" Volluz in the #19 when he raced it in 2001, Scotty Leverich #88 because he is an extremely nice guy!!, Todd McGraw #10, Chris Smith #55, Doc Koch and Marty Smith, Sr. #3, Shawn Seymour #54, and Pat Seymour #36(?), Denny Tribout, Sr. #25 because he's having so much fun!!, Mike Harris #43 because he's having fun too!

Purestocks/Bombers: Scotty and Dennis Ponder, #7 and #8 because they have made the Bomber division very exciting again!, Matt Bowles #69 last year, Bobby "Goody" Goodman #1, Luke Hewitt #30 and Jake Hewitt #6, Jennifer "BomberBlondie" Hedtkamp #44,

I'll think on this some more, and add to it, I'm sure! I added some more.

my favorites

Mods
Scott Sugg #69 (because I have to)
Martintoni #48
Weidner #18
Fohne #29

and more just cant think right now

Late Models-I like most of them because we dont race against them i guess
Dixon
Kleine
Dick Taylor
Korte
Burwell
Gundaker

My favorite local drivers

Well there are so many but here goes (in no order):

Late Model:

Ed Dixon, Kevin Gundaker, Kyle Steffens, Justin Allgaier, Randy Korte, Dean Hoffman, Tim Ratacjzk (spelling), Billy Faust, Mike Hammerle, Brent Kreke and occasionally I would like to see Don Klein win (he deserves our respect, driving as long as he has).

Modified:

Bobby Bittle, Steve Zelch Jr, Rusty Griffaw (if he was racing at I-55), Ray Wagner, Ray Walsh, Scott Weber, Tom Ratacjzk (spelling) and Chad Kinder (when I get to watch him race).

Sportsman:

I just like to see a good race and they usually put on a good show: Ricky Horton, Todd McGraw, Ed Lowery Sr, and Ed Lowery Jr, Dave Jenkins and many more.

Non Local Drivers:

Jeep Van Wormer (one of the if not the nicest drivers you can ever meet), Shannon Babb, Billy Drake, Billy Moyer, Wendall Wallace, Freddie Smith, Scott Bloomquist (no matter what he does in his personal life, he can still drive), Gary Keeling, Kevin Weaver, and Rick Eckert.

There are not many I do not like but there are a few, and I will not mention any names here.-Danny

Back