Why are we starting early

dirtracer1

Dirt Racing Is The Best!!
Ok i know that it is the first of the year and car count was really low sat. but i got there at like 7:10 and had missed dang near half the races. I know last weekend cause it was cold they started early but why this weekend. I know there was a chance of rain but if you are supposed to start at 7 why rush it there are some people who cant get there till right at 7. Is this going to be a regular thing to start early if so please let us know in advance.

I believe it was the chance of rain and Sunday was Easter. They did a awesome job of keeping the show moving. Modified feature slowed the show, but a great night of racing.

Not only did they start the races way to early but when the first heat race which was the pure streets came out there they had to run the track in for a dang 10 minutes. I love to go to the races but there are alot of people who would like to see all the heat races and not be rushed on time. If you have a time planned for races then its good to stick to it. Not trying to offend anyone but thats something the track people may wanna work on doing. Thanks and good bye

i think them starting earlier is a good idea...it gets everyone out alot earlier...and usually when they say 7 it doesnt start until 7:15 or 7:20....im not gonna complain about starting early.....

Just chill out people, that was a one week thing because of the weather and the holiday. Races start at 7 p.m. Plus if they had waited 20 minutes to start the races exactly on time, how many people do you think would be complaining that "they just wasted a bunch of time." LOL...

Racin'75 said:
I believe it was the chance of rain and Sunday was Easter. They did a awesome job of keeping the show moving. Modified feature slowed the show, but a great night of racing.

i agree good job of keepin it moving

hey millsey how many cautions did we have in the mod feature??

dirtracerdude09 said:
i agree good job of keepin it moving

I'll say they did. Last year I'd leave the track about midnight. Even with all the restarts in the mod feature, this past Saturday I left at 10:05 and was home well before midnight. And I live near Lambert Airport.

I really appreciate them starting on time and keeping the show moving...
I am much more likely to drive past Pevely and come on down for the sprints when they keep it moving.

ghost67 said:
I really appreciate them starting on time and keeping the show moving...
I am much more likely to drive past Pevely and come on down for the sprints when they keep it moving.

:eek: Now that's a statement!!!

I've always wanted to go down there and catch a race. Any good modified or sprint car shows coming up down there?

Back