Why Bielong Doesn't Race At Other Tracks

For the last time... Brian doesn't race on Friday for a number of reasons. He only gets his kids every other weekend and he believes spending time with them is more important than racing. There are also financial reasons, he doesn't have a big buck sponser or a rich benifacter to support his racing, most of it comes out of his own pocket. In fact if it weren't for the help and support of Summerfield Auto Body and Al Kreke Brian's season would have been over at midseason when his engine broke. He has raced at Belleville this year and won the feature in the 66m car owned by Robert Meadows. He has won at Brownstown 03 in the sportsman(took home 3 grand labor day weekend). He has beaten some of the best modified drivers in the area winning the MS race for a Cure at Highland 2 years in a row. He won the championship at highland in 02 coming back from a 100+ point deficet near the end of july and gall bladder surgery to beat Bobby Martintoni by less than 30 points. He drives a car I built 6 years ago that is by no means state of the art, and is bent every which way but straight. We are constantly patching this thing together week in and week out. All of his dnf's this year have been due to worn out fatiged parts simply because he can't afford to replace everything. Hopefully next year things will be different as I will be building him a new car next year.

well... a car that is not on the track is money wasted and if he gets his kids every other weekend but runs highland every week how is that a factor? if he is as fast as you say he is he could win enough money to keep going and if you build his car and work on his pit crew why is he still running a two year old car? if he wants the respect of full time drivers he needs to run more than highland and become a full time driver.

abcde I have a little piece of advice for you and Chris Smith... sometimes it is better to remain silent and to be thought of as a fool...than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Most Local Racers Do Have Their One Or Two Tracks They Run. Everyone Should Do Whats In The Best Interest Of Their Race Program/family/pocket Book. Not Neccesarily In That Order.

sellers fan it was meant to race as much as most as bieng full time and i think everyone on here should practice what they preach

abcde said:
sellers fan it was meant to race as much as most as bieng full time and i think everyone on here should practice what they preach

Im having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say??? I think you need to reread your post.

abcde....Bielong is the driver, he can race when he wants, where he wants. Not when and where you think he should!

One thing for sure, Bielong's fans are very vocal on this board. And very critical of everyone else's driving but Bielong's.

GAS It said:
One thing for sure, Bielong's fans are very vocal on this board. And very critical of everyone else's driving but Bielong's.

Ya we are vocal we have opinions like everyone else nothing wrong with sticking up for your favorite driver especially when you know hes been getting the shaft when it comes to JR and I dont think we are bashing any other drivers except JR and thats because of what he did sat night. We are only defending Brian wish JR would just race clean . And have fun on the track like it used to be!! Face it JR you are just mad cause Brian was gonna pass you clean and you tried to make it look real bad but you only screwed yourself in the process!! So cry a river and get over yourself.

Why is there so much drama with Bielong???? He seems to be a pretty nice guy and hes not a bad driver...i think the main point of some ppl commenting about why he doesnt go to other tracks...maybe they would like to see him some other places other than just Highland. SellersRacing you stated that he had a life and a job also...yes most modified drivers do have a life and a JOB also..and their funds are limited too. I think thats great that he wants to spend time with his family...to him family must matter more and thats great..maybe one of these days he will get around to another track...goodluck to you

There is so much drama with Brian because people don't know when to keep quiet. Brian would do anything to help anyone if you asked him. Obviously, the people on here has never talked to him. I guess what people do not realize is that he could care less if you don't like him, you are not hurting his feelings any!!!!!

Brian does like to spend time with his boys and as far as his funds go - as stated earlier if it were not for Summerfield Auto Body he would not even be out there now!

Brian's car is old and does not have the money to run but 1 night a week and Highland is convenient and close to home.

So people please stop the drama and find someone else to worry about!!!!!!

It seems to me there is so much drama b/c you dont understand...no one was bashing Brian..they were just wondering. You dont have to get so offensive.

Back