Why did Frankie Martin make Feature!?

Racerrod

racerrod
This is to the Belle-Clair officials who made the feature lineup tonight at Belle-Clair Speedway. How can Frankie Martin crash on the first lap of the heat race, DNS the semi-feature and then make the feature lineup!? Sounds fishy to me and all the others in my grandstand area!

RacerRod

The 27 & the 3 were let's say black flagged so there for they are not allowed a finsh spot or points for that race, therefore the finish of the race then went as follows 3rd) 22 Jacober, 4th) 22 Paule & 5th) 25 Frankie.

The top 5 from the heat make the feature without having to qualify thru the semi. :)

yea sorry i wasnt there tonight! But congrats to the 25 crew!! I am sure the "Frankie Martin Fans" were in full force! lol! Hope you guys do good tomorrow! Are you guys running TCS sunday night?

Rule Book

RacerRod,
Maybe you need to get a copy of the Allied Rules Book and read it before you start trying to make trouble. The Allied Rule Book says no fighting or profanity at the track towards other drivers or officals. The 27 and the 3 were disqualified because of this rule. This moved Frankie up to the 5th spot. The rule book also says top 5 out of heats to the feature. This is the way it has been all year when there are more than 18 cars, and a semi feature is to be ran. Frankie could have gotten out of his car and been mad after his wreck too, but instead he handled it maturely and went to fix the car. We race as a family for fun not for contraversy. As for that "fishy smell" maybe you should check with your family, friends and coworkers and see if they smell it too, it sounds like you are a troulbe maker, speaking out before you find out the real facts and I'll bet this message board isn't the only place you act like this. Some people on here make mistakes and are quick to apologize and say they were sorry they just didn't understand how it worked but you weren't even man enough to do that.
Mrs. Frankie Martin

Frankie Making Feature

I sure do hope the # 28 fan club that sit in turn #3 read this because they were making all kinds of comments about Frankie making the feature.......including the wife of #28!!!!!! Just goes to show who is up on the race track rules and who isn't.......Way to go Frankie on making 3rd in the feature!!!!!! Maybe I'll bring my boyfriend's allied rule book and explain to them what went on and why so there isn't any future controversy over the rules!!!

As the cars fell out of the race is where they normally are place in the finishing order. There were only two cars left to finish the race that started seven. Frankie Martin was out first after hitting the outside wall in three. Then John Paule dropped out and the Dan Jacober.
The next thing the happened was the tangle with Helmick and Steinwagner in turn four. If they had not gotten bad at one another, then things would have been different, but they used their cars in the wrong manner and took their feeling out on one another and got disqualified for that race.
The finish for that race was Billy Laycock and Jeff Sloan still on the track. Jacober, Paule and Martin were moved up a spot and finished third, fourth and fifth anf in the feature. Helmick and Steinwagner ran the semi.

To Mrs. Martin:

I didn't make any accusations I just posed the question to the Allied Officials or anyone who knew why this happened? I was not trying to stir an argument, but sounds like you are.

I didn't recall it being the same race when the 2 drivers got into a chicken match on the track. I thought Frankie's crash and the black flag incident being in different heats. I think Frankie is one of the cleanest and nicest drivers on the track and wasn't placing any blame on him. I just thought the officials messed up and so did everyone else in our grandstands. And since Don Klein's wife didn't even know the rule, I guess I wasn't the only one. As for the personal attacks you made towards me, that just shows your immaturity I guess. It would have saved a lot of confusion if Mike Meuer would have announced that because every fan within 20 feet of me were saying the same things and asking the same questions.

And thanks to BSA162 for answering my question in a simple way instead of an immature way. See you at the races.

RacerRod

Dear Racerrod, Thank you very much for your nice reply and your explaination. It's just your choice of words "fishy" to us meant 'Stinky" and maybe we all misunderstood. Our 2 children log on here everyday to check results at other tracks and sometimes it's hard explaining peoples allegations about their dad. I just witnessed last week at another track a fan in the stands saying out of line things to a drivers wife and 5 year old child. Sometimes its hard when you are trying to be a good competitor, follow rules, and set examples for others children, to not try and straighten out when things are misunderstood. Many times things on this board could be avoided if the announcers could make explainations but many times things are taken for granted, that the fans know and they really don't. We'll look forward to seeing you at the track. Thank you.

28 fans

BB & L

IF the 28's wife (Mrs. Klein) was saying anything it probably is because she wasn't aware that the 3 and 27 were DQ'ed in the heat races. So before you go bringing your allied book and saying anything to them you might want to take into consideration all of the different views people may have had. Not just to try and start crap on here between the Martins and the Kleins.

dirtracer12

I wasn't trying to start anything I was just stating what was said very loudly over and over throughout all of the yellow cautions.......The #28 fans kept saying #25 shouldn't even be out there. The announcer kept commenting on how Frankie kept moving up the track with each yellow flag and they kept saying #25 should not even be in the feature. Well, maybe they should think before they continually yell out things. So, I was just going to clear up any confusion since they sit right next to us in the stands.......
Thanx,
Tracy

i don't think it was fair to the other drivers who had to run the semi, to let Frankie in the feature. I hate that Belle clair plays favorites!

dirtracinglvr85 said:
i don't think it was fair to the other drivers who had to run the semi, to let Frankie in the feature. I hate that Belle clair plays favorites!

DID YOU NOT READ THE EXPLANATION? THE 3 AND 27 WERE DQ'D AND THAT PUT THE 25 AHEAD OF THEM IN THE FINISHING ORDER. THAT PUT HIM IN THE FEATURE THROUGH HIS HEAT FINISH.

i am jason and i drive the 73 mod and that night there was a low car count in all classes and the top five from the heats went on to the main and the top three from the b main or consi when the two cars where black flaged it was as though thay never started the race so all laps made by them where not counted that is why frankie and several others that where out made the show even before the two cars black flag happend it was not playing favs or who payed the officials that night

I hate how some people keep going on and on about stuff! It is over the right call was made, anyone who disagees with that doesn't understand the facts i don't guess! Frankie made the feature fairly, they weren't playing "favorites"! I must add he did a great job coming from the back to the front! Way to go!

I don't think that they play favorites at all. It is one of the most objective places in the country. Officials do make bad calls on occassion, but as long as they try to elminate them as best they can and don't let their personal feelings override things they are doing a good job. I have never seen them give Frankie Martin any breaks on the nights that I've went there. People always used to talk about the breaks they give Dixon when he goes there, but I think that (at least at this time) that that is all hogwash.

Back