Why don't Godfrey have tech????

lward

:confused: Can someone please tell me why Godfrey doesn't have tech their...why would another driver have to pay to challange another car??? This really bothers me and I know I am on here asking when I guess I should be asking Chad?hmmm..guess i will do that too...but what does everyone else think about this??? Just Curious????:confused:

Step up to Late Models and see how much teching is done at any track. Then you will really to see a reason to complain, all you have to do is have your body right and the right tires that is all they look at for LMs..

do not go to godfrey,and do not know their procedures, but the money that needs to be put up when a car protests another is what gets split with the person doing the work to teardown, the track, and the owner of the protested car. normally,not always, but normally it's the engine getting torn down. somebody has to do that, and expects payment. if the engine (or part)is found legal, the $ goes to the owner for gaskets to re-assemble, etc. if found illegal, the tech person still gets $ for his/her time,the protester gets $ back,and there usually is some sort of fine to the rules violator,both $ and points.the money up front keeps people from protesting others just for the heck of it, or because he got beat,and is mad. if he/she is sure enough of somebody else is cheating, the $ is their 'bet'. this is how the protest procedure is done normally in the racing world. it could vary from track to track. the track could do this on their own, but,again, some compensation to the owner if legal is the norm.

even drivers that are "legal" would tire of getting torn down on a weekly basis. I have been on the infield on multiple nights and witnessed the top cars get torn down in Bmod, SS, and sportsman. Its not every week that this happens, but I think often enough to keep most honest.

JMO

I have not seen Godfrey tech in awhile? Except for when Marty $ for it to be done...I found that kinda confusing? owell!!

thanks...for the reply eveyone???but I go to TCS also and they do alot? Well more than I've ever seen? I am not complaing just to let eveyone know, I am just wondering...just trying to learn..lol..but really thanks:)

Umm..didt explain why to not goto Godfrey midget. The example you used..is about how its done at any track..on any given weekend. Yes..they do tech..and yes..its enough to kep them honest. Why was B5 torn down..well..Marty Copp put up the dollars for the tech as well as another car. Why? Well..might be because he has run highland..and knows the rule difference about roller cams? Dont know. It work..and he got dq'd. Thats how it is supposed to work. Chad does a tremendous job each and every week..works his but off..go by the track some night..bet youll find him there..doing something to get his show ready for the week. You cant pull or ck cams,,clutches, heads..ect ..every week..time issue..and they got enough of that already. Hats off to the Godfrey bunch this year..you guys keep plugging away..cause what you are doing is an awesome job.

I Don't Think A Tech-man Should Be Paid To Do A Tear Down. He Is Being Or Should Be Paid By The Track Or Association For Being There To Begin With. Just Like Every Other Official. If He Is, Then He's Just Doing His Job.

I Always Thought It Went Like This. If Not It Should In My Opinion.........

Driver Y Puts Up Money To Protest Driver Z. If Driver Z Is Legal, Then Driver Z Gets The Money. If Driver Z Is Illegal, Then Driver Y Gets Money Back. I Never Knew A Tech-man Got Anything For His Troubles. Thought It Was His Job And What The Track/association Was Paying Him For In The 1st Place. I Don't Think It Should Cost A Driver Anything For The Protest If The Driver He Protested Was Found Illegal.

gee Andy... just how many people do you think are gonna spend maybe hours to tear down a hot engine, or lay under a car pulling a tranny,or whatever,for FRIKKEN FREE? are you nuts??? you generally are right on with most of your responses on here, but you really pulled your pud with this one. tell ya what.. why don't you volunteer to do all the officials extra duty then? the officials pay ain't really that great, in case ya didn't know.and,usually, if the protested car is found illegal,the person doing the protesting does get his $ back, and the tech person is paid by the fine $.maybe i wasn't clear on that. and racin90... godfrey doesn't run midgets, so that is why i don't run godfrey.

midget racer said:
the tech person is paid by the fine $.maybe i wasn't clear on that.

OK, I SEE WHAT YOU'RE SAYING NOW. TOOK IT DIFFERENT WHEN I READ THE 1ST POST. I WAS JUST SAYING I DON'T THINK THE PROTESTER SHOULD HAVE TO PAY THE TECH MAN. TRACK/ASSOC. SHOULD. IF HE IS PAID BY THE FINE, THEN IN TURN HE IS.

like i said, the protesting person is basically betting on the hunch that he is gonna be right,and the other car is gonna be illegal. that's his $ up front. if he bets wrong, then he loses. but somebody has got time/effort invested on his/ her hunch. so they should get paid. either way, they should get paid. and they are, in protest situations.

fast 51 said:
Step up to Late Models and see how much teching is done at any track. Then you will really to see a reason to complain, all you have to do is have your body right and the right tires that is all they look at for LMs..

And weight also is a big factor. At bigger shows, the more thoroughly teched they get..i agree more tracks should provide their own tech guys also to help keep up the rules and make sure everyone is legal.

Well..1 reason late models doesnt get tech'd too well..is becasue their rules are really open..to alot of stuff. Tires..body size..weight..pretty much is all that gets checked regularly.

Back