Why dont the flag man use the blue and yellow flag any?????

#32sprintcarfan

Me and my girlfriend try to go to the races every sat night unless it rains or something. I love going to SFCR, I've been going for the last couple of years. They have great racing at the track just about every sat night. But the only gripe i have about SFCR is that the flag man never uses the blue and yellow flag to let the slower cars know that the leaders are coming up behind them. I thought that was why he has that flag up there with him but instead he keeps it in his back pocket all the time.

Same here

hey,

i agree with you. the slower car has no idea that the lead cars are coming. this is y the leaders hit lap cars beacse the slower car is makin his line that hes made the whole race. more than likley his line is from the wall to the inside. this is a problem.

cya:)

32sprintfan you must have been absent a couple of weeks ago, because I remember seeing him use it. I also thought I saw use it several times last year, but no one paid any attention to it. In his back pocket? I thought it was in the stand with the rest of the flags? I agree barksboy, the slower cars do need to hold their line, that's been a problem since the beginning of time. Most of the time (but not all the time) they are slow because they are ROOKIES!

I know that the flag was used a couple of weeks ago because I remember making the comment to other fans that the flag was being used it is not used often but I do remember it being used this season atleast once.

The purpose of that flag is to tell racers to stay in the line they have been running, and to not race the leaders when you can see them. You are also not supposed to start attempting a pass while the leaders are on you, if you are already beside another car about to loose a lap you are supposed to use good judgement and sportsmanship. Alot of racers who are used to being a lap down and who do not really have much experience with being the top running cars in lapped traffic often use the lap flag as an opertunity to gain spots, that activity usually holds up a lead car, and affects the outcome of the race for the fromt runners.

how many guys really see that flag??? as well as any? ive seen bruce use it several times(blue&yellow) over the past here's a good point... when he does not throw the green for a start of a heat race or feature or for a caution on the track how many times have we seen drivers slow to the yellow? I've see it every saturday night yellow flag with big yellow lights all around the track and several drivers do not slow the car down. its like bruce did it by accident its really called not paying attenion and before its all said and done there is going to be a few bent race cars and if any of you watch closely this saturday see how many do not lift until it's nearly to late (keep in mind that on the start of a race bruce will not throw the yellow until all cars have went by him at the flag stand this is for good reason in the past that was done by other flag men and it caused alot of pile-ups and bent race cars)

Back