Why was 8K Kissinger Modified DQ?

ukusa41

At Fayette County Raceway Kissinger won his heat race and was DQ. Anyone know why

We pitted right next to the 8k car (beautiful car by the way). When I noticed they were loading the car in the trailer, I asked why. A young lady in a Kissinger t-shirt told me he was dqed by UMP for having Afco brake calipers instead of Wilwood. UMP told them the Afco calipers were not approved by UMP. They told him he could not race the rest of the night.

Brian #44

UMP allows stock type calipers, or one or two brands of the aluminum aftermarket calipers. He apparently was running something different.

You have to run OEM calipers with the exception of a specific part # after market caliper that is allowed. He had an aftermarket caliper that wasn't a specific one specified.

Why give a warning? He knew the rule, probably figured it wouldn't get looked at.

Why give a warning? He knew the rule, probably figured it wouldn't get looked at.

In case he didn't know.? Nice assumption of you, that he knew the rule and why he didn't follow it. I guess you know him. Im sure he was trying to get ahead w different calipers..

sounds nit picky to me that's the kind of stuff that ruins racing used to be the guy who could come up with the best setup on a given night would win now its the guy with the most backing wins yes im a racer myself and hate the way racing is going just a few years ago I could afford to compete now so SANCTIONING BODIES STEP BACK AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR DOING TO DRIVERS THAT COMPETE FOR YOU THEY ARE YOUR SHOW WITHOUT THEM YOU HAVE NO SHOW

What's BS is they better take a closer look at the competitors that he's racing against. Will not mention names but there was at least 4 other cars with afco brakes. Screw UMP!!

He had been warned twice already. This time he had ground all the markings off of them and painted them black though.

Modifieds - Qualifying 1 July 06, 2013
Pos Car # Driver
1 2 Nick Hoffman
2 87Z Zeb Moake
3 6K Justin Ketrow
4 3D Ryan Driemeyer
5 77 Ray Bollinger
6 N1 Gary Archambault
7 84 Tyler Deibert
8 71 Christian Lee

Modifieds - Qualifying 2 July 06, 2013
Pos Car # Driver
1 8K Levi Kissinger
2 55 Chris Smith
3 7 Dennis Ponder
4 19 Jimmy Cummins
5 3S Dan Schlup
6 1 Tim Hancock
7 76 Eric Goetter
8 1Z Zach Hoffman

Modifieds - Qualifying 3 July 06, 2013
Pos Car # Driver
1 5 Steven Brooks
2 24H Mike Harrison
3 41G Matt Goulden
4 08 Jake Griffin
5 63 Bret Eilerman
6 14 Bob Matt
7 2J John Show
8 316 Stephen Plog

Modifieds - Qualifying 4 July 06, 2013
Pos Car # Driver
1 16 Rusty Griffaw
2 70 Brian Bielong
3 3E Robbie Eilers
4 14C Rick Conoyer
5 32 Lodge Donovan
6 1D Dean Hoffman
7 96 Matt Koch
8 54 Shaun Horstmann

Super Late Models - Qualifying 2 July 06, 2013
Pos Car # Driver
1 18 Shannon Babb
2 24 Ryan Unzicker
3 96X Tanner English
4 42 MCKay Wenger
5 27M Rodney Melvin
6 38L Ryan Little
7 92K Mark Faust
8 77M Jason McBride
9 11S Chad Sellers
10 20H Travis Horner

Well if thats the case then he is lucky he didnt get a fine. Rules are rules. Yea its just a caliper but it says in the rule book what you can do and not do. Black and white. If people donot like the rule there are other associations to run but they have rules too which you have to go by. Yea its probably someone padded UMP's pocket on this rule but its just one of those deals. 91t i agree as i no longer can afford to race due to the costs exploding. But to me its tire fuel and parts costs. My sponsor walked and without it i couldnt do it without affecting my family. There are ways to curb the price of racing but thats a whole other thread. Thanks for clarifying it Jimmy

i just opened up my 2013 AFCO catalog, and on page 97 it shows Afco Aluminum Metric Calipers and it clearly says "USMTS/UMP Approved". apparently this is not the case, i would be pretty pissed off at afco more than i would be UMP.

Well if thats the case then he is lucky he didnt get a fine. Rules are rules. Yea its just a caliper but it says in the rule book what you can do and not do. Black and white. If people donot like the rule there are other associations to run but they have rules too which you have to go by. Yea its probably someone padded UMP's pocket on this rule but its just one of those deals. 91t i agree as i no longer can afford to race due to the costs exploding. But to me its tire fuel and parts costs. My sponsor walked and without it i couldnt do it without affecting my family. There are ways to curb the price of racing but thats a whole other thread. Thanks for clarifying it Jimmy

racin90, now is the time to have that thread about ways to save money for the sport before it's to late. Please start the thread and hope people will chime in but, hopefully they can be respectable to others when they do respond.

Back