Why Were Hooiser On Mods At Poplar Bluff When The Rule Bookd Says Imca Tires

In Look At The Pics Of Poplar Bluff Saturday Night Why Were The Modifieds Aloud To Run Hoosier When They Rule Book Says Imca Tires. ?????????????? Please Some Answer This For Me???????

found this on an earlier post hope it answers your question:
Just talked to the track owner and he asked me to make a post regarding the modifieds rules. BELT DRIVEN FUEL PUMPS ARE ALLOWED. ALUMINUM HEADS ARE ALLOWED, BUT YOU DO HAVE TO ADD THE 50 LBS TO THE FRONT END. AND FINALLY YOU ARE ALLOWED TO RUN ANY TIRE THAT DUROMETERS OUT AT 60 OR GREATER.

Bad Move!!!!!!

This ****s Because All We Heard All Winter Long Was There Wasn't Going To Be Any Changes To The Modifed Class And Now This. What A Way To Start A New Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here We Have Been Planning All All Winter Long For Imca Tires And It Comes Down To This Last Minute Change. This Isn't They Way To Start A New Owner Ship Off.

what is worse:

Is that you complain when you get beat by a better driver with a better handling car. That is S.T.S.A.C.

hey, speaking of rules, will Poplar Bluff allow aluminum body Sportsman cars to run there? If so, the next time RGR goes down there to whoop up on them guys I will mosey on down there myself and do the same...............

Southern mod said:
This ****s Because All We Heard All Winter Long Was There Wasn't Going To Be Any Changes To The Modifed Class And Now This. What A Way To Start A New Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here We Have Been Planning All All Winter Long For Imca Tires And It Comes Down To This Last Minute Change. This Isn't They Way To Start A New Owner Ship Off.

FROM WHAT I HEARD, IT WAS SAID SINCE IT WASN'T A POINTS NIGHT THE PROMOTER ALLOWED IT??????? IF THIS IS TRUE, THEY MAY NOT ALLOW THEM WHEN POINTS START.

BUT,,,,,IF THE OTHER RACERS HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT, THEY SHOULD HAVE TAKEN IT UP WITH THE PROMOTER. THEY COULD HAVE REFUSED TO RACE OR SOMETHING OF THAT NATURE. THROWING ROCKS AT AND MAKING THREATS TO THE GUYS RUNNING THE HOOSIERS, WAS COMPLETELY REDICULOUS!!!!!:rolleyes:

At the drivers meeting it was pointed that that the rule book does state that you can run IMCA tires or any that punch 60 or more.

I don't like the rule (of racing back to yellow) either, but if that's THEIR rule you have to abide by it. One of these days it will probably bite them in the butt, but it's their rules.

If done under the proper circumstances, racing back to the yellow can be done without problem. I believe it was either NCRA or MLRA that started this a few years ago. Aside from not having back go back to the last scored lap, and all of the controversy that can cause, it will also prevent a driver who gets a bad restart or feels he got punted by another racer and can get the other guy sent to the back, from sitting there and bringing out the caution intentionally. Bravo, Poplar Bluff!

This is one of those things that looks good on paper but doesnt otherwise work in reality. It didnt help save time. The biggest problem is the danger. My pet peeve at race tracks is when a promoter or flagman tries to save time at the expense of the racers safety. I will assure you that we will see a track sued for this in the future. I would not like to see that happen but they need to think about the worst case scenerio.

I will say this. Racing back to the yellow at PB is safer than racing at Pevely-where they dont race back to the yellow. Need I say more?

What we need is a Risk Manager that can be hired as a consultant? Know anybody with those credentials TTG?

I, personally, do not like racing back to the yellow. I think it causes more problems and is pretty dangerous on a dirt track. However, we were at a track in Mississippi a couple of weekends ago and their rule was: Race back to the yellow on the first lap only. This was a great rule...no more stopping if you didn't get a good jump or spinning and just getting your spot back. I'm in favor of this rule...but not for the entire race.

I like Eldora's rules the best. No freebies on the first lap and you go to the back if you are involved in a yellow. No decisions to be made.

Pitdrifter , I agree it was sad to see all the people come over with rocks in there hands ready to fight because some drivers had hoosier tires on. And the guy that was hitting on Brent Thompsons car with his 4 wheeler that was wild. If the statement of you might be a redneck ever fits, it fits the people down there.

sounds like my trip to clarksville this month. they never seen me run and wanted to put me into the wall... some guys just cannot handle competition... racing back to the yellow is totally stupid for any reason.... that opens the door up for a lot of hurt cars, drivers, track officals... i like tcs rule :if you spin or cause a caution on the first lap you go to the back: this helps to settle down those drivers who try to win on the first lap... i think it is easier to look back one page to see a line up then to try to figure who crosses the line every lap... jmo

Back