Wild Child is new title sponsor for IMCA’s Texas Lone Star Stock Series

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
BURLESON, Texas (Feb. 18) – Wild Child Race Cars is the new title sponsor of the Texas Lone Star Series for IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars.

The Burleson, Texas, chassis builder will provide a portion of the $1,000 point fund to be paid to top 10 drivers in standings for the third annual series. The champion earns $250 plus a bare chassis. Drivers must display two Wild Child decals on their race car to be eligible for point fund money.

Owner Damon Hammond had repaired race cars before building his own Stock Car last year. That first ride caught the eye of other drivers and Hammond decided to open his own shop. Eight Wild Child Stock Car chassis were sold over the winter.

“I always wanted to build my own cars. Now I want to help other drivers who want to race and have fun and not spend a lot of money to do it,” he said. “This series is in my territory and I will try to make every race. It’s a good way for me to get my name out there."

“I built a Modified and a Southern SportMod during the off-season but am more oriented toward Stock Cars and Hobby Stocks,” added Hammond, who also races a Modified. “The Stock Car is where I concentrate on most, so I’m very glad the opportunity to sponsor this series came up.”

Information about Wild Child Race Cars-built chassis is available by calling 817 522-8209 and at the www.wildchildracecarsandfabrication.com website.

Abilene Speedway hosts the first three series events Feb. 22-24. The Stock Car tour is at Kennedale Speedway Park March 2-3, at Heart O’ Texas Speedway on April 28, at Mountain Creek Speedway on June 16 and concludes July 4 at Texas Thunder Speedway.

Point fund checks will be presented during the national awards banquet in November or mailed beginning the following week from the IMCA home office.

"The partnership with Wild Child will be great for the racers in the Arnold Motor Supply Southern Region and will hopefully create an avenue for them to repair their current cars and buy or build a new one,” IMCA Marketing Director Kevin Yoder said. “We are excited for the Lone Star Series to get into full swing and see what 2013 has in store."

Back