Will MASS guys go to Memphis or Farmington?

ghost67

Heard it was a good show at Benton, 35 cars...

Blaney posts All Star win at Benton Race Park
Benton, MO - August 16, 2008
By: Robert Cortum
All Star PR

www.allstarsprint.com

The O’Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions took to the road for the 2nd stop of their weekend visit. On the docket for August 15th, it was the new an improved Benton Race Park in Benton Missouri. Dale Blaney brought home his third top honors in the past 4 events.

Blaney in the George Fisher owned/wrenched #2 started on the outside point position with Tim Shaffer in the Call Motorsports #83a to his left. Shaffer jumped out to the early lead with Blaney in tow and held of the hard charging Ohio native until about the midway point of the feature.

Blaney would lead in turn “The Steel City Outlaw” for the remainder of the event which saw only 1 caution on lap 27. Blaney would take the restart with Shaffer charging hard on his bumper, but it was all for not as he settled in for another impressive runner-up finish with his new team. Completing the top 5 in the night’s feature was Randy Hannagan in the Penthouse/Pocketshot.net #1x in third, Jeremy Campbell in the Rick Ferkle #0, and Lance Dewease in the Catoctin #30c.

The first dash event saw the top 6 qualifying O’Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions. Lance Dewease would carry on to the finish line in first place. Dewease would take in tow to the final drop of the flag, Hannagan, Campbell, Blaney, Greg Wilson in the All Star Plumbing #w20, and Shaffer.

The second dash event was for the O’Reilly Midwest All Star Series top qualifiers. Ryan Bunton in the Morton Collision Center #6r would take the early lead and never look back in the abbreviated 4 lap affair. Rounding out the top 3 was, Brad Greer in the family owned #3b, and Tyler Thompson in the USMD Medical Development #11.

The night’s B-main got off to a rocky start as a 2 red flags flew before a lap was completed. Once underway, Alex Shanks in the Shane Wade Enterprises #39would take the checkered flag in convincing fashion. Additional transfers to the A-main would be the Jim Brewer in the 66 machine, Paul Hart in his #14, and Kody Kinser in the Crone Lumber #4k.

Heat Race 1 went to Brandon Martin in the Level Performance 11m. Sammy Swindell in the MM&R #58 machine would take the lead in the closing laps for heat #2. Lance Dewease would take in the 5 points for the win in the 3rd heat. Brian Ellenberger in the Car Mate #20e throttled his sprinter to victory in the 4th affair.

Dale Blaney kicked off the night as fast qualifier. Blaney went out late and rocketed his mount around the facility in 11.654 seconds. Jeremy Campbell would be second fastest with his early attempt, 11.664. Lance Dewease would trip the timing lights with an 11.689 placing him 3rd quick.

The O’Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions and the O’Reilly Midwest All Star Series will round out the busy week as they help welcome Sammy Swindell to his “home” track of Riverside International Speedway. The night’s events will be kicked off by former driver, Ray Bugg, playing Bluegrass Music with his band, free to the fans. Gates will open extra early for Saturday, August 16th’s events at 2:00pm. Riverside International Speedway is located in West Memphis, Arkansas and is home to some of the most exciting side-by-side action in the country.

Official Results:

Qualifying
1 - 2 - Dale Blaney - 11.654
2 - 0 - Jeremy Campbell - 11.664
3 - 30c - Lance Dewease - 11.689
4 - 1x - Randy Hannagan - 11.768
5 - 83a - Tim Shaffer - 11.915
6 - w20 - Greg Wilson - 11.983
7 - 39 - Alex Shanks - 11.989
8 - 35 - Jimmy Hurley - 12.011
9 - 11m - Brandon Martin - 12.062
10 - 12 - Jerrod Hull - 12.084
11 - 56r - Ryan Meyers - 12.098
12 - 5b - Chad Blonde - 12.107
13 - 44 - AJ Bruns - 12.112
14 - 58 - Sammy Swindell - 12.138
15 - 8s - Steve Short - 12.138
16 - 32 - Tim Montgomery - 12.17
17 - 6r - Ryan Bunton - 12.183
18 - 16 - Lee Stark - 12.198
19 - 3 - Mark Shershekan - 12.219
20 - 20e - Brian Ellenberger - 12.224
21 - 87 - Kent Buckley - 12.228
22 - 11 - Tyler Thompson - 12.289
23 - 3b - Brad Greer - 12.331
24 - 22t - Miranda Throckmorton - 12.422
25 - 66 - Jimmy Brewer - 12.475
26 - 28 - Jason Keith - 12.48
27 - 4k - Kody Kinser - 12.518
28 - 55b - Joey Moughan - 12.532
29 - 5w - Tiffany Wyzard - 12.578
30 - 14 - Paul Hart - 12.669
31 - 7d - Dylan Dejournet - 13.309
32 - 21f - Randy Stilley - 13.963

Heat Race 1 Finish (Numerically)
11m
6r
5w
99 (DNS)

Heat Race 2 Finish (Numerically)
w20

Heat Race 3 Finish (Numerically)
30c
56r
8s
3b
7d

Heat Race 4 Finish (Numerically)
20e
5b
1x
55b
22t
21f

O’Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions Dash Finish (Numerically)
30c
1x
w20

O’Reilly Midwest All Star Series Dash Finish (Numerically)
6r
3b
44 (DNS)

B-Main Finish (Numerically)
7d
21s
22t
5w

A-Main Finish (Numerically)
83a
1x
30c
w20
5b
11m
6r
3b
20e
55b
8s

:confused: Say what?

Anyone heard anything of Memphis? How was SFCR? I was going to go, but decided to spend the evening with family...

:confused: Say what?

Anyone heard anything of Memphis? How was SFCR? I was going to go, but decided to spend the evening with family...

Farmington only had 15 cars,but most there have either won a feature,or may soon,the track was slick and very fast.I've been going to races at SFCR for many years,cars have never ran that close to the fences on both ends ever.Tommy Worley was good,Buckley and Boyd looked good also!

Why was it a $3000 to win show, anyway? Everything else on their schedule around this show is $5000 to win... Didn't they make enough money on the other shows to take a chance and go ahead and pay $5k there?

From what I heard from people that were there, the racing at Memphis was terrible. Dry slick and follow the leader around the bottom. They might have had twice as many cars as we did, but sounds like we had better racing to watch! Makes me glad I didn't spend the extra money to drive 3 hours.

That and Corey didn't pay some drivers to show up,which would make the drivers here mad,Glad I was here also!

34 sprint cars (6 - 8 cars in the support classes) at Benton but I think the big winners were the part sellers and scrap metal dealers. Lots of torn up cars. Some didn't make it through hot laps. They watered the track so it was rough. A bunch of the cars pulled to the infield during the A main. I think they had saw enough and cut their loss. Maybe explains some of their weekly car count issues.
I didn't see any of the Farmington faithful on the list at Memphis. Hull, Thompson, Moughen and Greer rarely run Farmington.

That and Corey didn't pay some drivers to show up,which would make the drivers here mad,Glad I was here also!

Special-ED....they've been paying drivers "show up" money for well over 30 years. Where you been....oh..never mind, you're in the same place every Saturday night. :rolleyes:

Why you calling me special?You aint got the nerve to even talk to me in person,I've got some names for you,but it aint worth it.You don't even know what went on at Benton,so go back and have fun.

Why you calling me special?You aint got the nerve to even talk to me in person,I've got some names for you,but it aint worth it.You don't even know what went on at Benton,so go back and have fun.

Do you think you're the only person in the world that can get information from other parts of this land? If you really think that you are the most knowledgable and most informed person on here you really are "special". So have you heard if anyone has tried to cash in one of those outdated checks?? Since I don't know what's going on.....:rolleyes:

Special-ed, I don't go to SFCR unless there is a big sprint show..and..well let's face it, there hasn't been one of those in quite some time. ;)

Do you think you're the only person in the world that can get information from other parts of this land? If you really think that you are the most knowledgable and most informed person on here you really are "special". So have you heard if anyone has tried to cash in one of those outdated checks?? Since I don't know what's going on.....:rolleyes:

Special-ed, I don't go to SFCR unless there is a big sprint show..and..well let's face it, there hasn't been one of those in quite some time. ;)

DIP,I never said anything about knowing more than anyone else,but you come off like you do:D

Back