Winged Late Models

BSHARP

Interested Fan
Does anyone remember years ago when, after the regular season, I-55 ran a special show and allowed the late models to put the wings on top of the cars like the midgets? I believe they had their choice but it made a big difference in the speed in the corners.

they were still running the old allied mods at the time,a cars so to speak,,i put a wing on my car and put 14 inch of stagger in it,,all ya did was hold the go button to the floor and point the wheels where you wanted the car to go,,kind of like the a ticket ride at disiney land..i will try to attach a picture...they did this several years,one year i was running 3d and the wing came off with 2 to go,,hung on to finish 3d but what a ride with all that stagger and no wing

pict of 25 w/wing

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx oldshit 092.jpg

yea i remember them races i just wish that they would bring them back because thatwas a lot of FUN

View attachment 45133

Not really what your looking for, but cool anyway!

Grand Rapids, Michigan Dec. 16 & 17, 2006. 2 Day Indoor show at "Devos Place" exhibition hall. Track was a concrete floor with CocaCola Syrup and Resin sprayed on top. The races were red flagged often by the fire dept. to evacuate the carbon monoxide.

First day was open comp run whatya brung. I can't remember his name, but an older guy from Ohio with 6 foot lexan side panels and a 104" sprintcar tire on the RR (16" stagger) won.

On the second day, they ran UMP style latemodels and ASA Latemodels (not together). Mike finished third behind Schlieper and I thnk Donnie Moran. Promoter skipped town and wrote everyone bads checks, execpt for Schlieper, who asked for cash.

Mark Voigt and Rusty Schlenk were also there.

we ran a wing on the #1 sports man the last race on the short 1/4 mile,i had a wing on and darn near lapped the field in the heat,,ran second in the feature (walker beat me when a slow car got in my way)there is a picture of the car with wing some where in jimmys tcs archives...

Huh???

wings on top of the cars like the midgets?

I have seen winged sprints, winged mini sprints, wings on
late models, wings on modifieds but never on a midget.

In the late '70's or early '80's the ADRC out east ran wings on midgets regularly. That's the only time I ever remember wings being on midgets. As far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing. Throw them wings away.

Brian #44

Thnx BSHARP

Thank you BSHARP! I now can honestly say that I HAVE seen a winged midget. :D

Back