Winged Sprints $5000, Micro Sprints $1000 and Pony Stocks $500 at Macon Sept 10.

Brian Thompson

ALL-STARS RETURN TO MACON AFTER EIGHT YEAR HIATUS

In an exciting announcement, race promoter Brian Thompson has inked a deal to bring the Haulmark All-Star Circuit of Champions sprint car series back to Macon Speedway in Macon, Illinois on Friday, September 10th.

Located south of Decatur, Macon was once a favorite stop on the All-Star tour for fans and competitors alike. Open-wheel races, especially the All-Star events held here in years past, have been especially exciting and
action-packed.

Macon is, without a doubt, one of the smallest tracks in the nation that sprint cars have competed. The clay oval, with its tight confines and high-banks, measures one-fifth mile in length.

"Those All-Star shows at Macon were absolutely unreal", exclaimed Thompson. "When you put a full field of winged 410's on a track that size it's like watching fighter planes whip around a high school gymnasium!"

Neighboring Jacksonville Speedway, which hosts a weekly winged sprint program on Friday nights, will not be running sprints on September 10th so a large
field of cars is anticipated.

The All-Star Circuit of Champions last competed at Macon in 1996 with Danny Smith claiming the victory.

600cc micro sprints and 4 cylinder pony stocks will be the support divisions. The micros will be competing for $1000 to win and $100 to start while the pony stocks will be running for $500 to win and $50 to start.

Grandstands will open at 5:00 with hot laps at 6:30 and racing at 7:30.

Adult tickets are $20. Children 7 - 12 are $10. Kids 6 & under are admitted free. Pit passes are $30.

Macon Speedway is located in the village of Macon off U.S. Highway 51.

For more information on the September 10th Macon All Star show, contact Brian Thompson at 618-473-9512 or via e-mail at thompson10@accessus.net

could you please post some drivers names who will be at this show

thanks

Expected Drivers

The All Stars bring 15 cars with them including Chad Kemenah, Danny Smith, Greg Wilson, Bill Rose, Kelly Kinser, Paul May, Jeremy Cambell, Randy Hannagan and several others. Jacksonville is not running sprint cars that night so we should pick up several cars that run there plus I have handed out fliers at Farmington and know Joey and Tim Montgomery and Jerrod Hull will be there. We may pick up some Knoxville cars plus some Indiana and Wisconsin cars. Most guys are willing to compete with the all stars, especially on a short track. I expect anywhere from 30 to 40 cars. 24 cars start the feature so it should be wild.

Brian

Pony Stocks

They are I guess what some tracks call hornets, wild things, wannabees, pony stocks. Every track seems to have a different name for them. They are four cylinder, street tire, roll cage, racing belts, no headers, knock the glass out race cars. Jacksonville, Farmer City, Canton, and Lincoln I know all run them and I am sure other tracks run them too. $500 to win and $50 to start should bring in plenty of cars. A couple of drivers told me $500 was more than their car was worth and that they would kill for $500. Should be fun.

Brian

All Stars show...

Any ideas why Jacksonville doesn't have All Stars shows? Since they are a weekly sprint car track, I would think they would have a big car count. They had IRA shows a couple years ago (primarily guys from Wisconsin/Minnesota). They had 40 or so cars for those shows.

At any rate, I will be at Macon. Should be an awesome show for the sprints.

The All Stars tried to get in there earlier this year but the promoters turned them down. I have seen the All Stars there before but it has been many years ago.

J,ville

chathamracefan said:
Any ideas why Jacksonville doesn't have All Stars shows? Since they are a weekly sprint car track, I would think they would have a big car count. They had IRA shows a couple years ago (primarily guys from Wisconsin/Minnesota). They had 40 or so cars for those shows.

At any rate, I will be at Macon. Should be an awesome show for the sprints.

Jacksonvilles promoter Butch Wood is too cheap!! He says the sanction fees are too high. So he puts up $2500 to win and charges $16 at the gate and you end up seeing the same cars you see on a weekly show!!

Back