winter racing - DuQuoin Fairgrounds

drb

DuQuoin Winter Racing
Coming on January 22nd - OKS Karting Series National Championship Race Check out their series information at http://oks.outlawkartracing.com other classes will be competing also

More info forthcoming

info

The OKS Website listed above is starting to get all the info for the Jan 22 event in DuQuoin, IL. The classes are listed on there as well as the weights. The Pre-entry form will also be available in the very near future there as well.

Is there any particular reason why drivers in the heavy class have to weigh 200 pounds? I've never heard of this. How close do they follow this rule? Do they not let you race if you weigh less than 200 pounds?:mad:

Thanks.

weight

This is a rule used at many tracks across the contry and many big events. It is to keep the little guys from loading a kart down with lead and having a much lower center of gravity. If you Email oksracing@hotmail.com you can get more specific answers to this question.

Driver Weight

I know in the x-tra or super heavy class,drivers must weigh 200lbs.Is this the class in question??

No, there has been a rather large movement at big events to have a driver weigh a min. 200 pounds in stock heavy. With karts weighing in at 150-160 pounds, this really is not a problem when stock heavy weighs in at 375. If someone is under the weight then I see no problem with running Mediums at 350 pounds. Does this cause a problem or not in reality?

This is the 1st race I've seen where the Heavy class driver must weigh 200 pounds. Are you sure your not confusing this with the Super Heavy class rules?

I know about the weight in Super Heavy. No, this is a rule used at many big events just to the south of us and it is a rule that I think everyone can live with since there is also a Medium class running for the same amount of money. At 200 a driver would still have to add weight to the kart to make the 375 weight for Heavy. If I thought it would have been this big of a deal I would have waived the rule but it is already on the flyers that are out and will stand for the first event on Jan 22.

I think the WKA rule is max 200 lbs for the kart in the Heavy class.
But this rule achieves the same purpose, to keep guys like me from running stock heavy :D

I am considering it. I'm really wanting to get my son some indoor experience but his kart is stripped down and I haven't had his motor freshened up yet. I won't be able to run Heavies though. Well, unless I fatten up a little over the Holidays.

200lb

i think this rule should be inforced at local tracks also to keep people in proper classes,it is an advantage to put lead low!some racers dont need to ad any lead to make this class.this rule andy spoke of is not inforced at many local tracks.

With all my gear on I weigh between 192 and 197 pounds. At Bedrock I had been scaling at close to 380 all year and I don't have 25 or 30 pounds of lead on my kart to take off to get near 350 pounds for Mediums.

The Modified class is not a Jr class. It is a 15 year old and older and the rules are simple: Briggs 5 hp flathead with stock stroke and stock size valves. That is the only rules except the fuel will be teched as well.

One change to the program on Jan 22, there will be a stock light class at 325. I have decided to add the class to the event because I will not drop the 200 pound driver rule for Heavy. This will allow the lighter drivers to enter this class since they may not enter stock Heavy.

The entry will be $35 for this class and $200 to win with a 20 kart min. as in the stock Medium and stock heavy classes. The Lights class is not on the flyers and pre-entry forms out now, so the pre-entries will have to write in stock Lights over the Heavy class on the form if they have one of the forms currently out. This will be changed when the new run of forms and flyers gets out in a few weeks.

Thanks for all the calls and support that has been shown for this event from everyone.

Wide Open Motorsports Promotions
Presents
2005 OKS National Indoor Championships
Morning Practice ($15): 9:00 A.M.-11:00P.M.
MANDATORY Drivers Meeting at 11:30 A.M.
Regular Practice: 12:00P.M.
Racing to be immediately afterwards
Junior II 280 (gold 575/animal 50510-13yrs)
Junior III 300 (unrestricted 13-15yrs)
Junior Sportsman 330 (Turquoise)
Animal 375* Stock Yamaha 350*
*$200 to win with minimum 20 kart entry
QRC Winged Karts (Guaranteed $200 to win)

OKS Outlaws (Guaranteed $500 to win)
$50 entry fee for members; $60 for non-members

ALL STOCK CLASSES WILL BE TECHED
Pre-Entry Strongly Recommended
For more information and/or a pre-entry form contact:
Shawn Hutchinson
Cell:618-922-6379
E-Mail: oksracing@hotmail.com
www.wideopenmotorsportspromotions.com
oks.outlawkartracing.com

weight

where did this 200 lbs driver rule come from . wka rules states kart can not exceed 200 lbs in the heavy or super heavy classes . :confused:

The rule is used at a lot of money shows in the east and south. I think it is a good rule and one we are going to use for this event.

Bad idea

OK, I will admit the 200 pound driver rule for stock Heavy has ended up being a bad idea.

I will eat my words and drop the rule.

All people have to worry about is the WKA rules. I had 20-25 emails and phone calls today on this very issue and I will admit it was a bad idea with good intentions.

Back