Wish Highland would decide on what time pill draw ends

One week its 530 and one week it is 545. Guess some of there local drivers were running late so the had to extend the time for them to get here. They need to stick to the rules they started off the year with.

Earlier thread says 5:30 every sat. If anyone is running late, to call. They will draw for you, it doesn't specify that this provision is for local drivers only!!!

Screenshot_2015-05-16-21-44-22.png

I called in once , got there and didnt even put me down had to start in the back anyway. Doesn't matter to me i dont run there anymore. My Car is race ready. Just dont like it there. I'd sell it before I'd run there again. Jmo.

I never knew a driver could call the track with not being there and have his pill drawn. Thought car and driver had to be present.

Perhaps this will clarify the confusion?????
Highland Speedway is pleased to announce that we are racing on Saturday, April 4th. Donnewald Distributing will sponsor the race with a full night of racing that includes, B/Wet-B/Dry Solutions Late Models, Steve Schmitt Modifieds, Donnewald Distributing B-Mods, Hamel Coop Street Stocks, and BOSS Micros. Raised purses for the classes that were scheduled to run last week.
Pill draw ends at 5:45. Driver's meeting at 6:00 pm. All drivers must attend driver's meeting. NO EXCEPTIONS!!

Shamrock 40 and Lucky 40 are part of a combined point system. . If one Late Model driver wins both races a $1,000 bonus will be given. If there are two different winners, bonus will be split - $500 if 1st in combined points, $300 for 2nd in combined points and $200 for 3rd in combined points.

Come on out for some great racing!! Hope to see you at the track.

Or maybe this......copied from the current website, although it says 2014 rules and there are no 2015 rules (other than 2015 b-mod rules) listed

CAR NUMBERS/DRAW

All drivers must show their UMP membership card in order to draw a pill.

1. All cars are required to draw for starting position in the heats. Drivers that request the rear do not pill draw. It is the driver’s responsibility to make sure their car is assigned to a heat race.

2. Pill draw will open at 3:00 pm and close at 6:15 pm. You can call the speedway (618) 654-6656 and request a number drawn for you if you are running late. You must race in your assigned heat. Hot laps are at 6:40 pm and racing starts at 7:00 pm. Driver’s meeting will be at 6:15 pm.

3. If you arrive after the draw is closed, the track officials will place you in the rear of a heat.

And this, also taken from the current website under the "Track Info" link......lol.....anyone more confused yet?????

2015 Regular Night Times and

Event Information

Pit Gates Open at 3:00 p.m.

Pill Draw Begins at 3:00p.m.

Pill Draw ends at 5:30 p.m.*

Driver’s Meeting 6:00 p.m.

Hot laps at 6:15 p.m.

* If you are running late please call ahead to have a pill drawn for you!

Back