Women dominate ATV races at Big River

Millsey

By JEFF MILLS
BONNE TERRE, Mo. -- (April 16, 2005) Erika Camden of Bonne Terre was not only the first place winner in the Super Pro ATV class at Big River Sand Drags Saturday night she also won the top eliminator race against second place racer John Shaver of Barnhardt. It was the final win of the night where the women racers dominated the men.
In Pro ATV, Tanya Cunningham of Wood River, Ill. picked up her second consecutive week of being both the first place winner and top eliminator of her class. Archie Camden of Bonne Terre settled for second place.
In ATV-1, first place winner Lindsey Hayes of Pilot Knob earned the third top eliminator winner of the night for the ladies as she defeated second place winner Dale Bates Sr. in the top eliminator race.
In Junior ATV, Desiree Patterson-Conway of Leadwood made it a perfect four-for-four night in first place finishes for the ladies. However it was six-year-old Nicholas Ziegler winning the top eliminator race to keep the men from being completely swept in the ATV classes.
In Vehicle ET, Tim Brown of Bloomsdale was the first place and top eliminator winner with Jason Harris of Desloge taking second place.
In Competition Eliminator, William Sutton of Des Arc was the first place winner, but second place winner Steve Barton of Bonne Terre won the top eliminator race.
In Stock Buggy, Adam Smith of Fredericktown was the first place winner with second place winner Kevin Sellers of Arnold taking top eliminator.
Racing action at Big River Sand Drags will continue this Saturday night. Gates open at 3 p.m. with time trials at 4, registration ends at 6 p.m. and racing at 7. For more information visit the track's website at www.bigriversanddrags.com or phone (573) 747-0566.

PHOTOS by Jeff Mills

Thanks for the photo of my truck Millsey. You guys kinda threw me on that pass lol, They told me the other truck was coming so I kicked it into neutral and then the light dropped lol. My tires will be here this week, so maybe it will toss a little sand in the air (hopefully anyway) lol. I had a great time as usual. :)

Back