wont stay running

racer64

I run a steet stock/pure stock it has a powerglide trans. and a 350 engine, the motor runs great when at an idle and when I rev it up in park but whenever I put in gear it falls flat on its face.Thanks for any advice. The trans is stock and so is the converter, both the trans and motor have been run in street stocks before but in two different cars. ( why wont they work together?)

First thing to check is that your engine is grounded! Do you have a ground strap/ wire from the block or head to the frame? I know it sounds silly, but an engine will not allways ground though the motor mounts. I once had one that would die every time I shifted. It made no sense to me, but a ground strap fixed it all. Next look at your module in your distributer. They are unpredictable and go bad often in stock cars. Remember that an automatic puts an engine under load as soon as it's in gear, and may be as simple as the fuel mixture being too rich. Just a couple of guesses. GOOD LUCK, Tim

look for low fluid, a faulty charging pump or pressure regulating valve. the converter is usually the first component that reacts to the signs of fluid starvation._

Back