WoO Sprints at I-55 in 2005 ??

I heard that the WoO , will not be at Pevely next year, can anyone confirm this. I hope it is just a rumor, and not fact. Also heard that Lake Ozark Speedway is getting a WoO date for 2005, that should be a great show.

Don't know if either is fact or fiction, i'm just passing along what i heard.

I-55 has two Outlaw races for next year. The contracts haven't been signed yet. Hopefully everything will be in place by the end of the year.
Dennis

If I55 can have these shows and make lots of money off them. If I55 can add lights and I hear there are new bathrooms in the works. Also heard rumor of V.I.P boths also(not sure 100% on that one). Thats all fine and dandy. Making the place fan friendly is a good thing. But, when are they gonna up the payout to at least macth the ones that some of these so called "lesser tracks" pay. Godfrey and Tri-City both pay more the the MECCA OF SPEED pays. Not just to win. But, through the field. If you don't believe me, look for yourself!!! Catering to the fans is good as i said. Because they come and spend money. But, so do the racers and they are who the fans come to see.Belleville is the same way. $200 to win sportsman?? 2nd at the these other tracks pays more than that.

As long as guys continue to fill the place for what they pay, whats their incentive to do anything more? The drivers hold the key to this issue!

Sorry this wasn't about the original post. Just like I55 and think they should be a little more for the racer. Bring in more, pay less out isn't helping your racers!

Pay More

Modified Payout
Tri-City- $500 to win
I-55- $600 to win

Late Model Payout
Tri-city- $750 to win (15 or more cars) $500 to win (14 or less cars)
I-55- $ 1,000 to win ( I think)

Races21 said:
I-55 has two Outlaw races for next year. The contracts haven't been signed yet. Hopefully everything will be in place by the end of the year.
Dennis

If this is true, Boundless (bound-for-less) must be doing some serious back peddaling and repositioning from as recently as 3 months ago. Originally ready to not give any dates to tracks that are associated with the Xtreme / UMP merger, they are now apparently not quite as sure they could fill the calendar without "sleeping with the enemy". Knoxville was also considering banishing them as a result of "Bound-for-less" trying to strong-arm them into adopting the normal Outlaw format for the Knoxville Nationals. You don't mess with Cappy, and it was announced this week that WoO and K'ville came to an agreement to sanction the Nationals. Knoxvillle keeps their format.

Boundless is trying to kill the outlaws they are wanting more money from the tracks and some of the gate money to.for all i care the outlaw could be sold to someone that knows racing and isn't just in it for the money.trying to put starters on sprint cars is the biggest bunch of bs i have ever heard.so maybe they will fall through and someone good with come along and buy the outlaws.

I-55 has the highest overall payout of any track in the area. Just because it doesn't pay the most to win does not mean they payout less. The total payout in the sportsman class was higher at I-55 than the total payout at tri or godfrey! Each track must do what is necessary to make ends meet! Pit passes were less and the fan only pd $10 at i-55. usually increases in purse are met with increases at the gates! At I-55 you at least know who is running the track and what classes will be there each Year!

I agree 100% Don! That last sentence about knowing who runs the track and what classes are going to be running says it perfectly.

don hoener said:
I-55 has the highest overall payout of any track in the area. Just because it doesn't pay the most to win does not mean they payout less. The total payout in the sportsman class was higher at I-55 than the total payout at tri or godfrey! Each track must do what is necessary to make ends meet! Pit passes were less and the fan only pd $10 at i-55. usually increases in purse are met with increases at the gates! At I-55 you at least know who is running the track and what classes will be there each Year!

If thats true, post it. At least bellevile does that with their meger payout.

Back