WoO Stacker2® Late Model Series “Missouri 50” At Lebanon I-44 Speedway A “Home Run”!!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Norman,OK 7-28-05

After having a few days to sit back and reflect on the $10,000 to win World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series sanctioned “Missouri 50 held Tuesday, July 26th at Lebanon I-44 Speedway track owner/promoter Randy Mooneyham summed up his feelings with five simple words, “It was a home run!”.

With the first ever appearance of the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series “Dirty Dozen” drivers and an appearance by NASCAR Nextel Cup and Busch Series star Carl Edwards to the high-banked 3/8ths mile track fans didn’t let the oppressive heat and humidity and the forecast for rain stop them from filling the place to the brim. The diehard fans started to arrive at 10:00a.m. to stake their claims along the backchute “Tier Parking” area. And they never stopped coming.

“That was by far the biggest crowd we have ever had at Lebanon I-44 Speedway”, stated Mooneyham Thursday morning. “This is the third year that we have had the track and I was hoping that the fans would support it. Boy, did they ever!” Shortly after the gates to the main grandstands were opened track personnel had to implore the crowd to make as much room as possible for the thousands of fans that kept on arriving.

“Just like any promoter I don’t like to give out actual numbers but let’s say there were easily 6,000 fans that supported that show. I’m sure the combination of having the ‘Dirty Dozen’ and Carl there was a huge draw and I really think the fans were entertained by some great racing. The only down side was that we couldn’t complete the race because of the rain but overall the fans I’ve talked with were more than satisfied. If we can work it out the World Of Outlaws will be back here to Lebanon I-44 Speedway.”

When asked how he was able to secure the very popular Edwards to participate in the “Missouri 50”, Mooneyham stated, “I talked with Carl over the winter once we had booked the World Of Outlaws and he was all excited about being a part of it. I got him for a pretty good price. Since he pulled off the double win at Atlanta earlier this year you sure aren’t gonna get him for the price I paid”, chuckled Mooneyham.

“Carl had a ball. He told me that he had a great time and was really impressed with the driving skill of the drivers who do this stuff all the time. And, he couldn’t believe how many fans there were. The autograph session was to end at 6:30p.m. that night but the fans were still in line and Carl told my wife he would stay there and accommodate them. That’s Carl. He’s just a down home type of guy.”

When asked the secret of getting that many people into his facility Mooneyham related, “I’m old school. You just can’t rely on the internet and the trade papers. We aired 200 TV commercials and 500 radio ads. You have to promote. Too many people in this industry don’t do that. I really think the combination of all the different avenues of advertising were the proof that promotion is what will make you or break you.”

Mooneyham also had high praises for the “Dirty Dozen” drivers and the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series. “Those guys are some of the best in the business. Man, can they put on a show. The series officials were very professional. I thought it was an excellent show. The racing was great and I’m very satisfied with the outcome. Of course, we can’t control the weather and I hated to see it rain but what can you do. And, there were quite a few flat tires but we will address that. At least it wasn’t a one lane race track. Those guys were using every inch of it. Overall I thought we presented a quality product to the fans. I can’t wait to get those guys back here and I’d love to be able to bring the World Of Outlaws Sprint Car Series in here too.”

The World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series is brought to the fans across the country by several sponsors and partners, including series sponsors Stacker 2®, Hoosier Racing Tire and SPEED Channel. Promotional Partners include AMB i.t., RACEceiver, HUMMERSGONEWILD.COM, Zippo Lighters, and The University of Northwestern Ohio. Contingency sponsors include DART Machinery, MSD Ignitions, Wrisco Industries, and Quarter Master.

Back