World 100 Opinions?????

OK I thought there were better, but it was good to see somebody else win it again. JMO.... What do ya all think?????

My first big race like that and I thought it was awesome. It was real exciting with close racing and guys crashing and stuff. I am glad it just wasnt 1 guy checking out and no lead changes. I hoped Jimmy Owens would have won. I couldn't believe how many people and campers were there. WOW

you a rookie up there huh jimmy,I wanted the real deal to win but it was good to chubzilla win even got his autograph

Claycomb flipped hard....he is now retired.
Bob da builder was drunk and mooned everyone ...ended up gettin in a fight and gettting kicked out. Great feature...lots of leaders early on (Moyer, Lanigan, Boggs, O'Neal, Owens)...red flag on lap 67 kinda locked things down. Chubzilla ran away for next twenty laps...O'Neal was just starting to reel him back in with about 10-12 to go.

Earl sold everything....probably to Stewart...his drivers' meetings are the best!!

The 9-11 tribute was great ...especially in front of 40,000 screaming fans.

I thought it was a great race. The last 30 some laps were a little less than exciting but the rest of the race was awesome. Including Boggs boneheaded move and probably the hardest crash I've seen Moyer ever be involved in.

I still can't believe Wendell Wallace got screwed like he did! that was definately the worst call of the weekend.

I was really hoping Lanigan would've won it. I saw him win at DTWC last year. I think it was a lapped car that took him out. Glad it was someone new who won though. I wish Allgaier would've at least made the B Main. I did get his autograph though so that was more than exciting for me!

Boggs took out Lanigan. There were several factors involved including a lapped car but it was overdriving on the part of Jackie Boggs that took out both Lanigan and Boggs.

I too was rooting hard for JA in the heat race. I think he lacked making the B main by 1 position if I remember right.

For my first time ever at Eldora, definately the experience!!! I enjoyed the races, that pass by Chub Frank was great!!!

As for bone-headed move of the night, that would have to be given to the Jeep Van Wormer crew member who decided to push start Jeep's car while the field was taking the green!!! How no one got hurt in that I'll never know......

looks like my hero came home second! that's awesome! i wish he would've won. cant wait to watch him fly around pevely this comin saturday. i look for him to be one of the favorites to win it. besides birkhofer,mars,moran,maybe dixon, maybe korte. there's others but i'm not gonna go on and on. mr. moyer hit the wall pretty good didn't he? ouch!

Wendall Wallace didn't get screwed! It was explained clearly in the drivers' meeting. One the restarts drivers were to be single file NOSE-to-TAIL until they passed the car. Door-to-door is not nose to tail. When the Eldora officials say something in the drivers' meeting...they mean it and it will be implemented!!!! You are just a # to them...they could care less about the name.

Also, Allgaier and Korte both finished 8th in their heats...needed to at least 7th to make the B-Main. Congrats to Shannon Babb for runnin all over the 1a in the heat...not sure what he was thinkin.

BONEHEAD of the night award: Scott James...hit everything and everyone ...he has not perfected the Eldora Slidejob...more or less he is just an Eldora bodyslammer.

I disagree, WW did get screwed and here is why! I don't disagree about the penalty that is fully understandable. But he pulled out of line to go up to the S/F line to get an explanation. I'm sure he just wanted to be 100% sure he knew what he was being penalized for which he rightly deserved. Not only did they screw him with that but it was abolutely STUPID of them to start that race with him sitting on the front straight away. That's just as stupid as the Jeep deal.
Like I said I don't dispute that he deserved the penalty, as fast as he was 2 spots weren't going to hinder him to much. But they could have talked to him at least and the very last thing that should have been done was restart that race with him slowed/stopped on the front stretch.
I stand by what I said. Wendell Wallace got Screwed!

Another thing noted at the drivers' meeting..."This meeting is the only time we will communicate with the drivers!" When the light goes out...no matter where he is on the track...they are goin green. He never stopped...and if he would have they would have thrown the yellow and he would have been DQ'd for purposely causing a yellow.

They're discussing the same thing on 4m at: http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?t=136353

I found the following post by BlueOvalMod to pretty well sum things up, which said, "The World 100 is not a home track Saturday night $1000 to win race."

This isn't WW's first race. He knows what the rules are.

I don't ever remember them doing the single file thing past the cone in previous years though and this was my 5 World 100.

Hell I think met a whole lot of people from the STL area out there. Hello to the Bloomsdale crew that was sitting in Sec. NA with us and putting up with our obnoxious behaviour on Fri night. Qualifying was long!!! :)

And then there's the crazy IL gang (You know who you are, Racin Eights)! You guys rock!

Back