World of Outlaw Sprint Car Series hits the highbanks of I-55 Raceway this Saturday!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
PEVELY, MO - The World of Outlaw Sprint Car Series will roll into I-55 Raceway this Saturday, April 2nd. Sprint car racing's premier series will take to the fast high banked one-third mile oval where lap times often run in the ten second range.

The impressive 2005 edition of the World of Outlaws Sprint Series’ Mean 15 racers includes Craig Dollansky (No. 7 owned by Karavan Motorsports), Tim Kaeding (No. 83 owned by Dennis Roth), Kraig Kinser (No. 11k owned by Steve Kinser Racing), Mark Kinser (No. 35 owned by Rick Wright), Steve Kinser (No. 11 owned by Steve Kinser Racing), Danny Lasoski (No. 20 owned by Tony Stewart Motorsports), Paul McMahan (No. 11h owned by David Helm), Jason Meyers (No. 14 owned by the Elite Racing Team), Brian Paulus (No. 28 owned by Pender Motorsports), Daryn Pittman (No. 21 owned by Titan Racing), Joey Saldana (No. 2 owned by Woodward Racing), Donny Schatz (No. 15 owned by Schatz Motorsports), Tim Shaffer (No. 6 owned by Parsons Motorsports), Jason Sides (No. 7s owned by Sides Motorsports), and Brandon Wimmer (No. 7tw owned by Wimmer-Luck Racing).

Several other drivers have committed to running the bulk of the schedule with the World of Outlaws Sprint Series in 2005 with hopes of earning a spot in a future Mean 15. Australian Brooke Tatnell is back in the series with the newly formed Rush Racing team; Terry McCarl, who has won the past six 410 sprint championships at Knoxville Raceway; Shane Stewart, the current leader in the battle for the Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year title; Randy Hannagan, a long-time Outlaws competitor is running with the series again; Sammy Swindell, a sprint car legend and three-time Outlaws champion; and Kevin Swindell, a recently turned 16-year-old who became the youngest driver to finish in the top 10 with the Outlaws when finished sixth in the feature at Parramatta City Raceway in January.

Many local sprint car hot shoes are expected including Tim Montgomery, Joey Montgomery, Terry Babb, Jim Moughan and Steve Short.

A strong field of UMP Modifieds will be on hand as always. The UMP Modifieds always provide edge of your seat action at I-55 Raceway.
Gates will open at 4pm with time trials starting at 6:30pm and racing kicks off at 7pm.

I-55 Raceway, a high-banked, one-third-mile clay oval, is located 30 minutes south of the St. Louis Gateway Arch on Interstate 55 at Pevely exit 180 & 178. For tickets or more information, call the track at (636) 479-3219 or visit www.i55raceway.com

Back