World of Outlaw Sprint Cars & UMP Modifieds will roar this weekend at I-55 Raceway!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Pevely, MO (April 12, 2004) The World of Outlaw Sprint Car Series will roll into I-55 Raceway this Saturday, April 17th. Sprint car racing's premier series will take to the fast high banked one-third mile oval where lap times often run in the ten second range.

Steve Kinser, who already has seven World Of Outlaw victories this season, comes in as the early season point leader. Missouri's Danny Lasoski comes in hot on the heels of Kinser in the points chase.

Other top sprint car drivers that are expected to be on hand include Donny Schatz, Paul McMahan, Kraig Kinser, Tim Schaefer, Daryn Pittman, Craig Dollansky, Jason Sides, Jason Meyers and Tyler Walker among many others. Steve Kinser and Tyler Walker won last year's World Of Outlaw events at I-55 Raceway.

Many local sprint car hot shoes are expected including Tim Montgomery, Joey Montgomery, Terry Babb, Jim Moughan and Steve Short.

The Outdoor Channel will tape this weekend’s action for its May 5th "Wednesday Night Horsepower" show. Each one-hour telecast will begin at 7 p.m. every Wednesday during the racing season and will be replayed Saturdays at 7 a.m. and Friday mornings at midnight.

A strong field of UMP Modifieds will be on hand as always. The UMP Modifieds always provide edge of your seat action at I-55 Raceway. Top area drivers such as Scott Weber, Dean Hoffman, Bobby Bittle, Brian Wolfmeier, Brian Worley, Jim Shereck, Ray Walsh, Rich Whaley and Dennis Richards among many others will provide door to door action like no where else. The UMP Modifieds will be paying $1,000 to the winner this weekend!

I-55 Raceway, a high-banked, one-third-mile clay oval, is located 30 minutes south of the St. Louis Gateway Arch on Interstate 55 at Pevely exit 180 & 178. For tickets or more information, call the track at (636) 479-3219 or visit www.i55raceway.com

Back