World of Outlaws Iron Man 55

getinit

mll8pt
Does anyone know the schedule of events for this two day show? Is there just 1 a-main for the weekend?

April News Release

World of Outlaws event in August at I-55 to be named Ironman 55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The World of Outlaws inaugural $20,000-to-win event on Aug. 7-8 at I-55 Raceway will be known as the Ironman 55 after suggestions from fans were accepted and reviewed by series and track officials.
It'll be the first 55-lap A-main for the Outlaws. The Friday-Saturday event features a 30-lapper on Friday and the massive 55-lapper paying $20,000 to win and $1,000 to start on Saturday. Reserved seats will go quick. A two-day ticket is only $50 and includes a pre-race Saturday pit pass if purchased by July 15.Call the track at 636-479-3219 or visit http://www.ironman55.com for more information and links to the World of Outlaws and I-55 Raceway.

Is it $20,000 to win Saturday night? If so what is the payout for Friday?
What is the modified payout?

Should be one helluva party Friday night afterwards.

Friday nights feature paid either $7,000 or $8,000 to win.

Not sure on modified payout.

Here's a better question: Will the top 6 from Friday night's feature be locked into the feature for Saturday, like a standard 2 day preliminary/final show?

This is straight from the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series director:

Both nights will feature time trials, heat races, dash, and B-main and C-Main if necessary. Two full separated nights of racing and full championship points and qualifying bonus points awarded as normal.

Since it appears there's no lock-ins, that should bring car count up, since everyone has an equal chance to be up front on both days.

I55 and Outlaws

Friday and Saturday nights are 2 completely different shows, $8,000 to win Friday and $20,000 to win Saturday. Heard there may be over 100 sprint cars?? Got my tickets in the mail last week.

Tickets are $50 for both days including a pit pass and if you just want tickets for Saturday they are $37.

Back