World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series: “fast Facts”

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Colorado Springs,CO – April 20, 2005 – By Bret Emrick, World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® LM Series

WHAT
After a two-week break, The World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series brings their style of fast, side by side racing action back to life the week-end of April 29th and April 30th. The World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series makes their third ever appearance to the DIRT Motorsports owned Lernerville Speedway in Sarver,PA Friday, April 29th for a 50-lap $10,000 to win feature event. The “Dirty Dozen” race teams then head to Frank Plessinger’s Hagerstown Speedway in Hagerstown,MD Saturday, April 30th for the $10,000 to win “24th Annual Stanley Schetrompf Memorial 50”, the third time the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series has competed at Hagerstown Speedway.

WHERE
For Lernerville Speedway: North of I-76 on S.R. 28 to exit 17, then 4.6 miles north on S.R. 356.

For Hagerstown Speedway: I-81 to exit 6-B, then north 2 miles on S.R. 63, then 5.3 miles west on U.S. Route 40, then north.

WHEN
At Lernerville Speedway: pit gates open at 4:00p.m., grandstands at 5:00p.m., warm-ups at 6:15p.m., time trials at 7:15p.m. and racing at 8:00p.m.

At Hagerstown Speedway: pit gates open at 5:00p.m., grandstands at 5:00p.m., warm-ups at 7:00p.m., time trials at 7:30p.m. and racing to follow.

TICKETS
At Lernerville Speedway: Adult tickets $27.00; Reserved Adult Tickets $29.00; Children 6 – 12 years of age $13.00, $14.00 reserved and children 5 years of age and under Free . Pit admission is $25.00 (DIRT Member), $34.00 (Non-DIRT Member). Call (724) 353-1511 for more information.

At Hagerstown Speedway: Adult tickets $29; Reserved Tickets $34; Children Under 12 years of age Free. Pit admission is $35.00. Call (301) 582-0640 for more information.

WEB SITES
The World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series is at http://www.woolms.com

Lernerville Speedway is at http://www.lernerville.net

Hagerstown Speedway is at http://www.hagerstownspeedway.com

ABOUT THE TRACKS
Lernerville Speedway is a high-banked .500 mile clay oval. Free parking and camping. Office/Track phone number is (724) 353-1511.

Hagerstown Speedway is a semi-banked .500 mile clay oval with 900’ long - 70’ wide straightaways with 90’ wide turns. Free parking and camping. Office/Track phone number is (301) 582-0640.

PREVIOUS WINNERS
At Lernerville Speedway: Chub Frank of Bear Lake,PA captured his first career World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series feature 4/23/04; Dale McDowell of Chickamauga,GA scored the 8/13/04 event at Lernerville Speedway.

At Hagerstown Speedway: Rick Eckert of York,PA swept the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series two events in 2004 at Hagerstown Speedway, winning 4/24/04 and 7/24/04.

TELEVISION
All the action from the April 29th World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series event at Lernerville Speedway will be taped by the SPEED Channel cameras with a broadcast date of May 14th at 3:00p.m. EDT.

At 3:00p.m. EDT, Saturday May 7th, SPEED Channel will broadcast coverage of the April 9th, 2005 World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series “Dixie Chopper 50” presented by Thurston Spring Service,Inc. at Bill Sawyer’s Virginia Motor Speedway.

SPEED Channel is available through cable systems nationwide, DISH Network (Channel 150) and DIRECT TV (Channel 607).

2005 World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series Championship Point Standings
(as of 4/11/05)

Pos.
Car #
Driver
Residence
Starts
Wins
Top 5's
Top 10's
Earnings

Billy Moyer
Batesville,AR
$15,000

Clint Smith
Senoia,GA
$13,775

Darrell Lanigan
Union,KY
$14,700

Rick Eckert
York,PA
$7,400

1*
Chub Frank
Bear Lake,PA
$5,750

E1
Mike Balzano
Parkersburg,WV
$4,800

Scott Bloomquist
Mooresburg,TN
$11,050

Tim McCreadie
Watertown,NY
$12,600

Dan Schlieper
Sullivan,WI
$4,700

17M
Dale McDowell
Chickamauga,GA
$5,700

Josh Richards
Shinnston,WV
$4,300

Steve Francis
Ashland,KY
$12,375

Shane Clanton
Locust Grove,GA
$3,875

Billy Decker
Unadilla,NY
$2,500

John Blankenship
Williamson,WV
$2,600

Won11
Rob Blair
Titusville,PA
$2,100

Don O'Neal
Martinsville,IN
$8,500

Scott James
Bright,IN
$6,000

24J
Jeremy Miller
Littlestown,PA
$3,400

15B
Brian Birkhofer
Muscatine,IA
$2,500

Donnie Moran
Dresden,OH
$2,100

Alex Ferree
Saxonburg,PA
$1,900

Chris Madden
Gray Court,SC
$1,450

19J
Davey Johnson
Greensburg,PA
$2,200

32D
Darren Miller
Chadwick,IL
$1,900

NEWS AND NOTES

The “Dirty Dozen”
The 2005 edition of the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series “Dirty Dozen”, who have committed to all events, includes defending World Of Outlaws Late Model Series champion Scott Bloomquist of Mooresburg,TN (No. 0 owned by Bloomquist Racing), current championship point leader Billy Moyer of Batesville,AR (No. 21 owned by Billy Moyer Racing), Steve Francis of Ashland,KY (No. 15 owned by Francis Motorsports,Inc.), Rick Eckert of York,PA (No. 24 owned by Raye Vest), Dale McDowell of Chickamauga,GA (No. 17M owned by McDowell Racing), Chub Frank of Bear Lake,PA (No. 1* owned by Chub Frank Racing), Darrell Lanigan of Union,KY (No. 29 owned by Lanigan Racing), Dan Schlieper of Sullivan,WI (No. 9 owned by Dan Schlieper Racing), Clint Smith of Senoia,GA (No. 44 owned by Jerry Passmore), 2004 World Of Outlaws “Rookie of the Year” Tim McCreadie of Watertown,NY (No. 39 owned by A&C Speedworld,Inc.), Shane Clanton of Locust Grove,GA (No. 25 owned by RSD Enterprises,Inc.) and John Blankenship of Williamson,WV (No. 23 owned by Number 23,Inc.).

Also Appearing
Committing to running the bulk of the schedule with the World of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series in 2005 with hopes of earning a spot in a future “Dirty Dozen” as well as gunning for the 2005 World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® “Rookie of the Year” honors is teen sensation Josh “Kid Rocket” Richards of Shinnston,WV. Richards burst onto the WoO LM scene at the tender age of 16 during the 2004 season and quickly showed all that he would be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years driving the No. 1 owned by Mark Richards Racing,Inc.

Early Season Winners
Current World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series championship point leader Billy Moyer of Batesville,AR topped a 61 car field February 17th at Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville,FL to score the opening victory of the 2005 World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series campaign. Moyer started from the pole aboard the No. 21 J&J Steel/OneHour Cooling sponsored C.J. Rayburn Race Cars/Pro Power Racing Chevrolet Monte Carlo.

Tim McCreadie of Watertown,NY used his experience from his 2004 “Rookie”year with the World Of Outlaws holding off a strong field of cars February 19th at Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville,FL to snare his career first World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series victory. McCreadie led all the way driving the No. 39 Sweetners Plus sponsored, Rocket Chassis/C.C. Performance Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo.

Steve Francis of Ashland,KY grabbed the lead from Tim McCreadie on lap 19 at “The Rock”/Allegany County Speedway in Cumberland,MD April 8th leading the final 31 laps aboard the MOPAR Performance Parts/Valvoline No. 15 Steve Francis Racing Rocket Chassis/Gary Stanton Racing,Inc. Dodge Intrepid R/T. The $10,000 win in the 50-lapper was the “Kentucky Colonel’s” first WoO Stacker 2® Late Model Series victory of the season.

“Cat Daddy”, Clint Smith of Senoia,GA turned in a dominating performance April 9th at Bill Sawyer’s Virginia Motor Speedway in Saluda,VA. Piloting the JP Drilling/Oval Craft No. 44 Jerry Passmore GRT Race Cars/Racetek Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Smith won his qualifying heat race and the dash race then led all 50 laps of the $10,000 to win “Dixie Choppers 50 presented by Thurston Spring Service,Inc.” for his first career World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series victory.

Tune Into The Web
If fans can’t get to Lernerville Speedway or Hagerstown Speedway they can experience the excitement of the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series live on Dirtvision.com through the DIRT Radio Network. To listen to the audio broadcast, log on to www.dirtvision.com and click on the DIRT Radio Network logo. Listeners will need Windows Media Player 9 or higher to listen to the DIRT Radio Network. Companies who are interested in advertising on the new DIRT Radio Network should contact Mark Noble, DIRT Motorsports VP Sales and Marketing, at 719-884-2141. For technical support or questions, e-mail webmaster@dirtvision.com.

Hear It Firsthand
RACEceiver is the Official Driver Communicator of DIRT Motorsports. A compact radio receiver that conveniently fits into a driver’s pocket, a RACEceiver allows each driver to hear directions from series officials, which greatly enhances the safety and timeliness of events. A similar version available to fans will allow RACEceiver users to hear what information series officials are relaying to the drivers. For more information about RACEceiver, visit www.raceceiver.com, call 866-301-7223 or look for their sales trailers at various events.

QUOTABLE

Steve Francis, driver of the No. 15 MOPAR Performance Parts/Valvoline Rocket Chassis/Gary Stanton Racing Engines Dodge Intrepid R/T
On racing at Lernerville Speedway: “I really like the place. If we could just get the chance to start up front there I think I’d stand a better chance. We started in the rear last year, 18th and 24th in those two races, and I think we ran top 3 in those features last year. It’s a good, racy race track there. That’s the main thing. Having a good track you can pass on and a good track to race on. You can do both at Lernerville.”

On racing at Hagerstown Speedway: “I’ve always liked going to Hagerstown. We’ve been able to get around there pretty well. Rick (Eckert) gets around that place pretty well too. I look forward to going there. I always look forward to going there. It’s a lot like Lernerville. Those are tracks you can race on.”

Clint Smith, driver of the No. 44 JP Drilling/Oval Craft Rocket Chassis/Racetek Racing Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On his thoughts of Lernerville Speedway: “One of the top race tracks in the country, probably.”

On his impressions of racing at Hagerstown Speedway: “Hagerstown is probably a little tougher for us. It takes a lot of motor and a lot brakes. It reminds me more of a Martinsville for the fans if you look at it on the internet. It’s a lot of speed in the straightaways and then a lot of brakes getting through the turns. Just like Martinsville for the Cup racers. I’ll admit it’s not one of my favorite places but we usually come out of there pretty good.”

Darrell Lanigan, driver of the No. 29 Gotta Race/Afco Racing Products Rocket Chassis/Cornett Racing Engines Ford Taurus
On his impressions of Lernerville Speedway: “Facility wise the place is pretty good. You can race on that race track. At the beginning of the night it’s pretty fast and then slicks off. The fan base is awesome. There should be a ton of people there.”

On racing at Hagerstown Speedway: “Hagerstown is a big track. I’m pretty good on the bigger tracks so I’m looking forward to going to Hagerstown this year.”

Chub Frank, driver of the No. 1* Lester Buildings/All Star Performance/Corry Rubber Rocket Chassis/Custom Race Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On racing at Lernerville Speedway and Hagerstown Speedway: “We’re looking forward to going to both places. We’re getting the cars ready right now. We’re definitely looking forward to both Lernerville and Hagerstown. Both tracks have been pretty good to us in the past. We’ve got good set-ups for those places so hopefully we can run good at both tracks.”

Dale McDowell, driver of the No. 17M Larry Shaw Race Cars/Dover Cylinder Heads/New Vision Graphics Rocket Chassis/RaceTek Racing Engines Pontiac Grand Prix
On his impressions of Lernerville Speedway: “That place is really racy. It slicks off and you get good two-wide and three-wide racing. It’s awfully challenging. The two times we’ve been there I’ve run, I think, 3rd or 4th the first time we were there and then we won the second time. I’m really looking forward to going back there. The fans are unbelievable! That place really packs the house so I’m definitely looking forward to going back to Lernerville.”

On racing at Hagerstown Speedway: “Racing at Hagerstown. It’s a fast place early in the night and it’s such a big place. Generally, places like that are good for side by side racing. I’ve had some decent runs at Hagerstown but I’m looking forward to running a little better. We’ve had a couple of top 5’s there but I’ve never won there so it’s a little bit of a challenge for us going up there. But, I’m raring to go.”

Tim McCreadie, driver of the No. 39 Sweetners Plus/A & C Speedworld,Inc. Rocket Chassis/C.C. Performance Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On his impressions of Lernerville Speedway: “It’s a beautiful place. I’ve been there before in the Modified and a couple of times in the Late Model. I feel it’s one of the nicest facility’s around. Best part about the facility, the track is great too. It’s just a beautiful place to go to. Usually the best car wins there. It ain’t nothing to see a Chub and guys like that start in the back and win a race. Last year we started 24th and finished 5th so it’s a great race track to race on. It should be a fun show.”

On his impressions of Hagerstown Speedway: “That place is along the same lines as Lernerville. It’s nice to have two tracks paired together like that like because you know going in there that it’s not going to be one-lane. It’s a track you can race on. It gives you a chance if you have some problems early in the night that if you have to go to the middle to the back of the pack and your stuffs good enough, your going to run good. I’m really excited.”

On his quick start to the 2005 season: “I think after the first four races we’ve got a pretty good package. Maybe the results haven’t always been there but the speed is there. If the speed is there you’ve got to have good enough luck to get the results too. I’m excited.”

On if having experience in his Modified at Lernerville Speedway and Hagerstown Speedway gives him an advantage: “There’s no advantage. I’ve been asked that a bunch even when we come into New York here. You know, you can’t beat the experience of a Rick Eckert or a Steve Francis, Bloomquist and all them guys. You go to the race tracks they’ve been to hundreds of times and they know the cars that they know, I’m just tickled to be out there and be competitive. As far as an advantage, if we were coming to race the Modifieds I’d say, ‘Yeah’, we’d have a distinct advantage. We’re still out there searching for things but I think we’ve come a long ways in a short time.”

Rick Eckert, driver of the No. 24 Raye Vest Excavating Rocket Chassis/Cornett Racing Engines Ford Taurus

On racing at Lernerville Speedway: “Wow!” I was never there until last year. It’s a beautiful place, it really is. It’s really racy. It starts off and takes a dramatic change as the night goes on. It starts out wet and wide open in time trials and the heats. And as wet and as wide open as it is it gets that slick for the feature. It keeps you on your toes. We were awful both times we were there but Chub come from I think 15th and won the first time. And, Dale won the second won from like 14th or so. Maybe the trick is to start in the back.”

On his thoughts of Hagerstown Speedway: “Yeah, I’m looking forward to going there. Last year we won both Outlaws races so it would be nice to come back and repeat that this year. But, that’s a lot harder done than said. The place hadn’t been that good to me for years. It paid me back a little last year. Hopefully, it’ll pay me back some more this year.”

Billy Moyer, driver of the No. 21 J&J Steel/One Hour Cooling C.J. Rayburn Race Cars/Pro Power Racing Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On racing at Lernerville Speedway: “Oh, it’s nice. It’s a real racy track. It’s wet at the beginning and then by feature time it gets slick and becomes a two or three groove place. I’ve only been there twice so I still need to feel my way around that place. It helps being there before ‘cause now we have some notes we can go by on tire choices and set-ups. We’re excited to come back up there and race again since we’ve only been there twice.”

On his impressions of Hagerstown Speedway: “To me it’s a lot different race track than Lernerville. I’ve been to Hagerstown a lot more than Lernerville, for sure. Hagerstown starts out sorta’ the same as Lernerville, if they want it to be. It’ll be heavy and have a cushion and be lightning fast in the beginning and then get slick as the night goes on. You can have fun racing on it. It’ll have multi-grooves on it. But, I’ve been there too when it’s slick right off the bat. You just got to get there early to see what they’re doing with the track so you can make the right decision on the set-up and the tires.”

Shane Clanton, driver of the No. 25 SAE Parts/RSDEnterprises,Inc. Rocket Chassis/Custom Race Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On having never raced at Lernerville Speedway: “I’ve never been there but I did see last years one race on DVD. That place looks like it’s gonna’ be pretty racy. We just got to get the car set-up right, choose the right tires and go out and win that race.”

On having never raced at Hagerstown Speedway: “We’ve been there one time but we never got race as we actually got rained out. But, it look’s like it’ll be a fun place to race.”

Josh Richards, driver of the No. 1 Seubert Calf Ranches/A-C-E Metal Works Rocket Chassis/Cornett Racing Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On racing at Lernerville Speedway: “I had some good runs last year up there. I just haven’t had very good luck up there. I’m ready for Lernerville.”

On racing at Hagerstown Speedway: “I never could get around that place very well. Just takes time to get used to that place I guess. That place is a big place but you have to drive it different.”

On his asphalt driving debut April 8th at Motordrome (PA) Speedway: “It went really well. I couldn’t have asked for a better car. The guy that won he had a good bit of motor and I don’t know if we could’ve caught up to him or not. But it was awesome. To run second in my first asphalt race, I couldn’t ask for anything better.”

On the differences between racing on dirt and racing on asphalt: “Everything is slower on the asphalt. I mean the steering is slower, the speed is slower. On the asphalt you just have to keep the car straight is the main thing.”

UPCOMING EVENTS
After racing in Pennsylvania and Maryland, the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series will support the $24,999 to win “The 99”, May 5th – 7th at Kentucky Lake Motor Speedway in Calvert City,KY. The event will be sanctioned by UMP (a DIRT Motorsports property) but will award World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series Championship points. The “Dirty Dozen” band of travelers will then make a first time ever appearance at Limaland Motorsports Park in Lima,OH, May 13th. Then, debut at Brushcreek Motorsports Complex in Peebles,OH, May 20th before heading for Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt,IN, May 20th.

Back