World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series: “pit Notes”

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Colorado Springs,CO – May 3, 2005 – By Bret Emrick, World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® LM Series

Friday, April 29, 2005 – Lernerville Speedway – Sarver,PA

The “Showdown at Sarvertown 50” was highly anticipated by both fans, the “Dirty Dozen” and DIRT MotorSports officials as the event would be the first held at the semi-banked .500 mile oval under the ownership of DIRT MotorSports. For all intents and purposes the event was a success except for the uninvited appearance of Mother Nature during the feature event. What was shaping up to be a barnburner of a feature event was thwarted at the midway point. The forecast for rain unfortunately turned true with rain drops starting to fall during lap 22. The showers picked up in intensity as the race reached the 25 lap mark when Rob Blair spun to a stop in turn one. During the slow down period the race cars circled the track trying to save the racing surface. Track and Series officials huddled and shortly afterwards deemed the racing surface too dangerous for further competition. With the race at the midway point it was called official with Billy Moyer of Batesville,AR grabbing the $10,000 to win, his second World of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series victory of the season. Driving the J&J Steel/Banner Valley Trucking/McCarthy’s One Hour Cooling and Heating No. 21 Billy Moyer Racing C.J. Rayburn Race Cars/Pro Power Racing Chevrolet Monte Carlo, “Mr. Smooth” led all the way in the rain shortened event.

NOTES:

Moyer featured a new design of graphics produced by associate sponsor, New Vision Graphics, on his car. Rather than the standard layering of numbers, sponsor decals and color graphics that adorn the sides, roofs and hoods of the dirt Late Models on top of each other until getting the desired scheme, Moyers car featured what is known as a “wrap” for his cars colors and design scheme.

“It’s some new technology that the graphics people have come up with recently”, stated Moyer. “The whole car is one piece of plastic vinyl or whatever you want to call it. This car, the sides, the roof and the hood are that way and the red interior is actual aluminum. It’s just a new technology deal where they draw everything up on a computer, cut it with a machine and then show up with a squeegee and put it on. “You could take a black car and make it yellow in about 30 minutes which is kinda neat about it.”

Race drivers are a superstitious lot. Some despise the number 13; the color green; no eating of peanuts in the pit area; etc. etc. Then some can’t get a new race car without giving it a name. Steve Norris, crew chief for Moyer, is one of those.

“When we got this car we took it to the track and didn’t do so well with it.”, said Norris. “The next time we were up at C.J.’s shop one of his guys from Mexico asked us how we did with it. I told him, ‘We blew the motor’. He said, ‘You have to give the car a name. It will do good then.’ You know I’ve always liked giving the cars a name and asked him what we could call it. He said, ‘You could call it Momachita which is good. But, this one should be called Momasista. That is what you want.’ So, I went ahead and wrote Momasista in marker on the rear bumper. Since I did that this thing has been good. Real good.”

The forecast for rain that evening and night at Lernerville Speedway has most everyone with one eye on the action and one eye on the sky. A very large crowd was on hand though the weather forecast was sure to have had some say in keeping what is normally a full house to maybe three-quarters. A couple of fans were bound and determined to see a dirt Late Model race no matter that it took them two country’s and three different states to get to Lernerville Speedway.

Meet Anton and Rinette Tallie of South Africa. There journey for the middle-age couple began in their homeland where Anton races the South African version of the American dirt Late Model. A scheduled vacation in Tampa,FL started their journey to Lernerville Speedway. Mr. Tallie explained the journey prior to the event getting underway.

“I came in to Tampa to the Sun and Fun Center for the aircraft”, stated Mr. Tallie. “We spent a week there and it was fun. But, I need to see a race. We race the same cars back home, the late models. So, we came up from there. We went to Miami first and watched the weather everyday and it got worse and worse and worse. Eventually we came to New York and then we came to Pittsburgh. It was the only big race in the three weeks we were here in the states. Thank heaven the rains have stayed away. At least for now.”

Mr. And Mrs. Tallie were given VIP treatment spending their evening in the VIP/Media Center at Lernerville Speedway.

The wet weather throughout the week leading up to the event at Lernerville Speedway and hard work by the Lernerville track preparation crew led by “Ouch” Roenigk presented the drivers with a lightning quick, ultra-fast racing surface. A whopping ten drivers were under the previous Lernerville Speedway single-lap track record during time trials with Darrell Lanigan’s blistering run of 15.072 seconds at an average speed of 119.247mph the top mark. The one year-old record of 15.453 seconds was set in 2004 by Bart Hartman. Prior to last season, the single-lap track record stood since 1984 when Donnie Moran set the mark at 15.670 seconds.

Shane Clanton of Locust Grove,GA and a 2005 member of the World of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series “Dirty Dozen” will under go surgery Monday, May 9 to repair a damaged rotator cuff in his left shoulder after dislocating the shoulder during the main event. Contact during a lap 15 restart jerked the steering wheel of the SAE Parts/RSD Enterprises No. 25 RSDEnterprises,Inc. Rocket Chassis/Custom Race Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo resulting in Clanton’s shoulder popping out of place. Clanton tried to put the shoulder back in place but was taken to an area hospital for further treatment and released shortly after. When asked during a telephone interview Monday (5/2) how he was feeling, the 30 year-old driver succinctly stated, “I’m pretty sore right now. I went to the surgeon this morning and we will have surgery next Monday morning.”

Currently sitting 13th in the WoO Stacker 2® Late Model Series Championship points list, Clanton is expected to miss the May 13th event at Limaland Motorsports Park in Lima,OH and the May 14th event at Butler Battlegrounds in Quincy (Butler),MI. “The surgeon says I need to miss three weeks but I don’t know. How much time we miss will depend on how I feel. I know I’m gonna miss Limaland and Michigan. The following week we might be all right but I’m not for sure. It’ll just depend on how I feel.”

David Scott of Garland,PA was the highest finishing “local” racer in the main event garnering a 10th place payoff. Scott, who drove both winged Sprint Cars and the dirt Late Model for a few years at Lernerville Speedway before concentrating fully on the dirt Late Model which garnered a championship, may have had the comeback of the night. Qualifying 14th out of the 57 drivers entered, Scott started third in his heat race. On the opening lap Scott spun out in turn two relegating him to the tail of the nine-car field for the restart. With only 10 laps and the top 3 finishers automatically transferring from the heat race to main event Scott had his work cut out. Using his knowledge of the Sarver,PA oval and some daring moves Scott grabbed the third and final transfer position two laps before the finish of the race to give him the 14th starting position in the main event.

With only the dirt Late Models on the racing card and with breaks in the program a clown was brought in to entertain the crowd. “Skinny Timmy” from Canada did a slap stick routine and used a wireless microphone through the tracks public address system to do his gig. The consensus seemed to be the kids gave “Skinny Timmy” a huge thumbs up.

4/29/05 Lernerville Speedway – Sarver,PA 50 Lap Feature* - $10,000 To Win
1) Billy Moyer; 2) Darrell Lanigan; 3) Josh Richards; 4) Steve Francis; 5) Scott Bloomquist; 6) Rick Eckert; 7) Tim McCreadie; 8) Chub Frank; 9) Dale McDowell; 10) David Scott; 11) Davey Johnson; 12) Clint Smith; 13) Steve Shaver; 14) Rob Blair; 15) Mike Balzano; 16) Keith Barbara; 17) Alex Ferree; 18) Dan Schlieper; 19) John Blankenship; 20) Jeremy Miller; 21) Donnie Moran; 22) Bob Wearing Jr.; 23) Shane Clanton; 24) Nick Jones; 25) Kirk Ryan Jr.; 26) Dave Satterlee; 27) Mike Blose – Fast Qualifier: Lanigan 15.072 secs. (New Track Record); Heat Race Winners: Lanigan, Moyer, McCreadie, Ryan Jr., Bloomquist, Richards; “B” Main Winners: Moran, Satterlee, Blose ; Dash Winner: Moyer

* = event rain shortened to 25 laps

Saturday, April 30, 2005 – Hagerstown Speedway – Hagerstown,MD

Always a highly anticipated stop for the “Dirty Dozen” and the fans, Hagerstown Speedway was geared up for the “24th Annual Stanley Schetrompf Memorial 50” honoring the founder of the .500 mile oval. Everything was put in to neutral though when heavy overnight rains that lasted through the morning at the “Free State” speedway and the forecast for more rain and thunderstorms through Sunday morning left DIRT MotorSports and Hagerstown Speedway officials no choice but to postpone the event. A reschedule date will be announced in the next few days.

“I can’t believe how the weather has been this spring,” said Hagerstown Speedway promoter Frank Plessinger. “We were hoping to get a break this weekend for the Outlaws. It rained hard all night and through this morning. The forecast called for thunderstorms through Sunday morning., so we had no choice but to postpone the program. It is so disappointing. We are working with the DIRT MotorSports people on a reschedule date”

4/30/05 Hagerstown Speedway – Hagerstown,MD 50 Lap Feature - $10,000 To Win

RAIN POSTPONED. WILL BE RESCHEDULED.

TELEVISION
All the action from the April 29th World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series event at Lernerville Speedway was taped by the SPEED Channel cameras with a broadcast date of May 14th at 3:00p.m. EDT.

At 3:00p.m. EDT, Saturday May 7th, SPEED Channel will broadcast coverage of the April 9th, 2005 World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series “Dixie Chopper 50” presented by Thurston Spring Service,Inc. at Bill Sawyer’s Virginia Motor Speedway. SPEED Channel is available through cable systems nationwide, DISH Network (Channel 150) and DIRECT TV (Channel 607).

QUOTABLE

Billy Moyer, driver of the No. 21 J&J Steel/Banner Valley Trucking/McCarthy’s One Hour Cooling And Heating C.J. Rayburn Race Cars/Pro Power Racing Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On his thoughts of racing at Lernerville Speedway: “This is only the third time we’ve been here. Twice last year and the first time we ran terrible, tenth or fourteenth or something. Then the next time we come back and we stepped it up and ran second for a long time. Then on one of them restarts I got banged around and ended up fifth or wherever it was. The tonight we come back and win. The race track, I really like it. The race track started out hammer down and real, real fast but then the slickness comes in. You know some of the guys complain about a cushion being there but I think the cushion needs to be there. And then you got the bottom groove. I think you can run two and three wide on it. As a racer that’s all I ask for. If a guys hugging that bottom let me try the outside and see what happens. A lot of tracks don’t let you do that. Lernerville is a neat track. Getting through the heat race can be a bit rough. Some of these guys are maybe a little bit rougher than they need to be. You just have to give it a couple laps to get it sorted out and then get up and go. Its just fast. A real fast place. And, when your running that early in the night when its that fast you got to give and take and save your equipment for when the moneys there.”

Darrell Lanigan, driver of the No. 29 Gotta Race/Afco Racing Products Rocket Chassis/Cornett Racing Engines Ford Taurus
On his record setting run during time trials at Lernerville Speedway: “We got a pretty good little motor program right now and its got a lot of horsepower to it. Our qualifying deal is down real good. Slick tracks we’re still strugglin’ a little bit but we’re gonna try and turn it around too.”

On racing at Lernerville Speedway: “The track was excellent. This was the best I’ve seen the track up here. But, that’s the best I’ve run. HA! Evidently that makes it the best! The track was in excellent shape.”

Josh “Kid Rocket” Richards, driver of the No. 1 Seubert Calf Ranches/A-C-E Metal Works Rocket Chassis/Cornett Racing Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo
On being part of a four-wide battle for a top 5 position at Lernerville Speedway: “I didn’t know we were four-wide! I thought maybe there was three of us but I wasn’t looking anywhere but straight ahead. That was pretty cool.”

Steve Francis, driver of the No. 15 MOPAR Performance Parts/Valvoline Rocket Chassis/Gary Stanton Racing Engines Dodge Intrepid R/T

On his impressions of the race at Lernerville Speedway: “I would’ve liked to have gone the rest of the way. I mean, you never know what could’ve happened. All three of the cars in front of me we’re really good. Someone said Scott had a gone a little bit harder on tires but I don’t know that for sure. You just never know. It seems like its kinda of hard thing for us at Lernerville. We start eighteenth, twentieth or further back and run in the top three about everytime we go up there. We need to work on heat race up there. We qualify good but just don’t heat race that good.”

On the tight racing at Lernerville Speedway: “You know it really was. I was just trying to pick and choose my places. The yellow was thrown so many times before the rain anyway. It never dawned on me until the rain started that I needed to get to the front in a hurry. That last restart I knew we had five laps to get to the halfway. We got fast and we were able to pass four or five cars in that last little spurt. We were just trying to pick and choose. You know, everybody was racing really hard. The race track was just unreal. You could race anywhere you wanted to go on it. I mean, Billy was running the top, Darrell was in the middle and I was runnin the bottom. Josh was running kinda middle to bottom and Scott was on top. You could race anywhere you wanted to go. That’s what makes it fun.”

On his impressions of the racing surface at Lernerville Speedway: “You could race on it! It was fun. It maybe wasn’t as much fun in the heat races cause it was just so fast. Then it started to slow down there near the end of the feature and got more and more and more racy. It’s always fun when you can pass race cars. That’s the best part about it. Just being able to pass race cars.”

On his racing plans for the weekend with the WoO Stacker 2® Late Model Series idle: “We’re gonna run that race over at Calvert City. That place has been awful good to me through the years. It’s hard for me not to go. We’ve won a lot of races there. Since it’s an off weekend and it’s $25,000 to win were probably just gonna’ go do that. We’re still trying to get settled in to our new shop and get all that stuff done. We’re getting close on that. I suppose if we were behind with that and needed to get caught up woe would take the weekend off. But, we’re pretty well caught up so we’ll go and do that race.”

Clint Smith, driver of the No. 44 JP Drilling/Oval Craft GRT Race Cars/Racetek Racing Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On his thoughts of his night of racing at Lernerville Speedway: “Well, we just had such a wet race track all night. People was racin three and four wide back through the field and everything was so stacked up. It seemed like the only one who made the right choices all night long in every situation was Francis. He made every move that you had to make. Me and McDowell raced all night going back and forth from about eighth to fifthteenth. You’d just get caught up in the wrong line. I thought I was at a restrictor plate race to tell you the truth. It was just all about who was in the right line at the right time. If you made a mistake five cars got by ya cause it was so wide of a race track. That’s all good. But, we just didn’t have a chance to really finish the race off. By the time we was getting kinda of a rhythm going the rains came. But, I think we probably had and a top 10 car. Just didn’t get a chance to finish the show out.”

On his racing plans for the weekend with the WoO Stacker 2® Late Model Series idle: “We really haven’t made any plans. We considered the Kentucky Lake deal but theres so much controversy. Seems like its crazy with all the rules, the tire rules and body rules. Everybody’s not on the same page up there so I’ll probably just get prepared for the long trips we got comin up.”

Scott Bloomquist, driver of the No. 0 Miller Bros. Coal Co./Hawkeye Trucking Bloomquist Chassis/Custom Race Engines For Mustang

On his race at Lernerville Speedway: “It wasn’t bad. We had some trouble. We got a new engine and some new headers we were trying. At first I thought it might be an engine problem but today (5/2) we found out it was the headers we had on there. The motor wasn’t taking off and just wasn’t accelerating. I mean, Dan beat us on the start in the heat and then in the dash I couldn’t take off with McCreadie. We were kinda’ struggling. Lanigan got in to us during the dash and that messed up the power steering servo. We just had a number of things happening. If anything, I think we may have been a little bit harder on tires and I think we might’ve been ok at the end but then the rains come. After what we went through I guess I’m happy with the fifth place.”

On if the racing surface at Lernerville Speedway was as fast as it seemed: “Boy, I’ll say! I don’t remember it being that fast. And it was real racy too. I think that one time with Francis, McCreadie and Richards we got it four wide off of turn two. It ought to be a pretty exciting race to watch on TV.”

On his racing plans with an “off” weekend from the WoO Stacker 2® Late Model Series schedule: “We’re going to Kentucky Lake for that $25,000 to win. I think most everybody will be going there.”

Chub Frank, driver of the No. 1* Lester Buildings/All Star Performance/Corry Rubber Rocket Chassis/Custom Race Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On if he was satisfied with his top ten finish at Lernerville Speedway: “No. I can’t be satisfied that (8th). I came there to win.”

On the racing surface conditions at Lernerville Speedway: “The track was really tacky and fast. Actually maybe a little too fast for the feature. I think the track surface plus with the rain coming and the colder weather played a part in the outcome of the race. I think the track would’ve been in better shape if it would’ve been a little bit slower where you could race all over it. It was still racy but it wasn’t the same Lernerville we’re used to I guess you could say.”

On his racing plans for the weekend with the WoO Stacker 2® Late Model Series idle: “I don’t know what we’re gonna do. We’re looking around right now to see whats going on. I don’t want to drive all the way to Kentucky for a 20-car show. I don’t think that’s a good idea. That’s like eleven or 12 hours for us. We’re looking locally. I think there’s a race in Smethport (McKean County Raceway – East Smethport,PA) this week . So we might go over there.”

Dale McDowell, driver of the No. 17M Larry Shaw Race Cars/J&J Steel/New Vision Graphics Rocket-Shaw Chassis/RaceTek Racing Engines Pontiac Grand Prix
On if he was satisified with his top ten finish at Lernerville Speedway: “Well, we kinda geared up for a 50 lap race and went a little harder on tires. So I was really hoping to finish the race out. But, I didn’t anticipate that many cautions. We knew the rain was coming but we thought we had time to get the race in. It was just a gamble. I think the guys that were running up front gambled too with running a little softer tires but we went with the harder tires. I went with my gut feeling cause the last two times we were up there (Lernerville) I knew what it took on tires. One time we won on the harder tires and the other time I think we ran third or fourth and led for awhile and got passed by harder tires. It probably would’ve been a little different outcome if we would’ve got 50 laps in. But nature stopped it so we’ll just remember that when we go back.”

On if damage to his car early in the race hampered him: “It did. The RACEceivers that we’re using now is a really good safety device. But the only problem is, now when the official comes on and says ‘Caution’, everybody stops racing immediately. If your at a race track that your not grouped up or not in a bunch that’s good. What happens is ya know, the guys just back off. When your three and four wide and at a race track (Lernerville Speedway) that fast and with those conditions, everybody went every which way. I had to go down through the infield to avoid hitting some other guys when the caution was called and displayed. That bent our front end up a little bit and it probably hampered us a litte bit. But not near as much as the tire choices. We just made a mistake and didn’t go the right direction on tires for a 25-lap race.”

On his racing plans with an “off” weekend from the WoO Stacker 2® Late Model Series schedule: We’re going to Kentucky Lake. That races is within about 3 to 4 hours of us. I understand it’s not a World of Outlaws sanctioned event but it is close to us. So we’re gonna go up there and try our luck.”

Tim McCreadie, driver of the No. 39 Sweetners Plus/A & C Speedworld,Inc. Rocket Chassis/C.C. Performance Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On his race at Lernerville Speedway: ‘We were a little disappointed where we ended up (7th) cause I think we were definitely better than where we finished. We ran third the whole race and the rain got me jerked around going into turn one and I hooked a rut and I think I lost four spots on that lap. But that’s all part of it. After that point I was just glad we got it in. You hate to have to come back and run 30 or 25 laps or whatever it was to finish it off. But, we were a top three car and one little mistake on my part cost us a real, real good run.”

More on his race at Lernerville Speedway: “It was slickin’ off and we were pretty hard on tires. I think if it would’ve gone the full distance we would’ve been real good. We were on a harder compound than the cars that were in front of us, Moyer and Lanigan. So I think if at the end of the race, if we could’ve made it to the end, we would’ve had a better shot of being better than we were. You know, we’re a little disappointed because we feel we gave a top three away. You can’t make a mistake when you run with the guys we run with. You gotta’ be on top of your game every lap. You can’t take a lap off.”

On his racing plans for this weekend with the WoO Stacker 2® Late Model Series idle: “We’re going down to Kentucky I imagine. The purse is decent and it’s a tough race to pass up to stay up here and race our Modified stuff. They’ve got some issues they gotta clear up with their rulebook up here so we figure we’ll go and race where we don’t really have to worry about rules. Irregardless of rules, we’ll go race where you go race, get paid and go home.”

Shane Clanton, driver of the No. 25 SAE Parts/RSDEnterprises,Inc. Rocket Chassis/Custom Race Engines Chevrolet Monte Carlo

On racing at Lernerville Speedway and his injury): “It’s a pretty fun place to drive. We got messed up on that restart when I got hurt. It could’ve been a whole lot worse. We were running good before that lap 15 restart. The contact we had on that restart wasn’t that bad. It just jerked the steering wheel out of my hand. And when it did it pulled my shoulder out. It’s strange. It’ll pop out when my arm gets yanked forward but not when it gets yanked backwards. I tried getting it back in place but I couldn’t. It never did go back in until we got to the hospital.”

UPCOMING EVENTS
The World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series “Dirty Dozen” band of travelers will make a first time ever appearance at Limaland Motorsports Park in Lima,OH, May 13th followed by the May 14th event at Butler Battlegrounds in Quincy (Butler),MI for another first time ever appearance in the State of Michigan. The series then debuts at Brushcreek Motorsports Complex in Peebles,OH, May 20th before heading for Tri-State Speedway in Haubstadt,IN, May 21st.

The “Dirty Dozen”
The 2005 edition of the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series “Dirty Dozen”, who have committed to all events, includes defending World Of Outlaws Late Model Series champion Scott Bloomquist of Mooresburg,TN (No. 0 owned by Bloomquist Racing), current championship point leader Billy Moyer of Batesville,AR (No. 21 owned by Billy Moyer Racing), Steve Francis of Ashland,KY (No. 15 owned by Francis Motorsports,Inc.), Rick Eckert of York,PA (No. 24 owned by Raye Vest), Dale McDowell of Chickamauga,GA (No. 17M owned by McDowell Racing), Chub Frank of Bear Lake,PA (No. 1* owned by Chub Frank Racing), Darrell Lanigan of Union,KY (No. 29 owned by Lanigan Racing), Dan Schlieper of Sullivan,WI (No. 9 owned by Dan Schlieper Racing), Clint Smith of Senoia,GA (No. 44 owned by Jerry Passmore), 2004 World Of Outlaws “Rookie of the Year” Tim McCreadie of Watertown,NY (No. 39 owned by A&C Speedworld,Inc.), Shane Clanton of Locust Grove,GA (No. 25 owned by RSD Enterprises,Inc.) and John Blankenship of Williamson,WV (No. 23 owned by Number 23,Inc.).

Also Appearing
Committing to running the bulk of the schedule with the World of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series in 2005 with hopes of earning a spot in a future “Dirty Dozen” as well as gunning for the 2005 World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® “Rookie of the Year” honors is teen sensation Josh “Kid Rocket” Richards of Shinnston,WV. Richards burst onto the WoO LM scene at the tender age of 16 during the 2004 season and quickly showed all that he would be a force to be reckoned with in the coming years driving the No. 1 owned by Mark Richards Racing,Inc.

2005 Season Winners
February 17th at Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville,FL: Billy Moyer - Batesville,AR

February 19th at Volusia Speedway Park in Barberville,FL: Tim McCreadie - Watertown,NY

April 8th at “The Rock”/Allegany County Speedway in Cumberland,MD: Steve Francis - Ashland,KY

April 9th at Bill Sawyer’s Virginia Motor Speedway in Saluda,VA: Clint Smith - Senoia,GA

April 29th at Lernerville Speedway in Sarver,PA: Billy Moyer – Batesville,AR

April 30th at Hagerstown Speedway in Hagerstown,MD: RAIN OUT

Tune Into The Web
If fans can’t get to a World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series event in person they can experience the excitement of the World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series live on Dirtvision.com through the DIRT Radio Network. To listen to the audio broadcast, log on to www.dirtvision.com and click on the DIRT Radio Network logo. Listeners will need Windows Media Player 9 or higher to listen to the DIRT Radio Network. Companies who are interested in advertising on the new DIRT Radio Network should contact Mark Noble, DIRT Motorsports VP Sales and Marketing, at 719-884-2141. For technical support or questions, e-mail webmaster@dirtvision.com.

Hear It Firsthand
RACEceiver is the Official Driver Communicator of DIRT Motorsports. A compact radio receiver that conveniently fits into a driver’s pocket, a RACEceiver allows each driver to hear directions from series officials, which greatly enhances the safety and timeliness of events. A similar version available to fans will allow RACEceiver users to hear what information series officials are relaying to the drivers. For more information about RACEceiver, visit www.raceceiver.com, call 866-301-7223 or look for their sales trailers at various events.

2005 World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series Schedule (as of 5-3-05)

RACE DAY DATE TRACK LOCATION MAJOR MARKET WINNER
1 Thu. 2/17 Volusia Speedway Park Barberville,FL Daytona Beach,FL Billy Moyer
2 Sat. 2/19 Volusia Speedway Park Barberville,FL Daytona Beach,FL Tim McCreadie
3 Fri. 4/8 The Rock/Allegany Co. Spdwy. Cumberland,MD Baltimore,MD Steve Francis
4 Sat. 4/9 Virginia Motor Speedway Saluda,VA Richmond,VA Clint Smith
5 Fri. 4/29 Lernerville Speedway Sarver,PA Pittsburgh,PA Billy Moyer
6 Sat. 4/30 Hagerstown Speedway Hagerstown,MD Baltimore,MD RAIN OUT
7 Fri. 5/13 Limaland Motorsports Park Lima,OH Toledo,OH
8 Sat. 5/14 Butler Battlegrounds Quincy (Butler),MI Lansing,MI
9 Fri. 5/20 Brush Creek Mtrspts. Complex Peebles,OH Cincinnati,OH
10 Sat. 5/21 Tri-State Speedway Haubstadt,IN Evansville,IN
11 Wed. 6/1 Farley Speedway Farley,IA Dubuque,IA
12 Fri. 6/3 Eagle Raceway Eagle,NE Lincoln,NE
13 Sat. 6/4 Dakota State Fair Speedway Huron,SD Sioux Falls,SD
14 Mon. 6/6 Deer Creek Speedway Spring Valley,MN Minneapolis,MN
Fri. 6/10 Eldora Speedway-“The Dream” Rossburg,OH Dayton,OH
Sat. 6/11 Eldora Speedway-“The Dream” Rossburg,OH Dayton,OH
15 Fri. 6/17 TBA
16 Sat. 6/18 TBA
17 Mon. 6/27 Ransomville Speedway Ransomville,NY Buffalo,NY
18 Wed. 6/29 Fulton Speedway Fulton,NY Syracuse,NY
19 Thu. 6/30 Bridgeport Speedway Bridgeport,NJ Philadelphia,PA
20 Sat. 7/2 Stateline Speedway Jamestown,NY Erie,PA
21 Wed. 7/6 Delaware International Spdwy. Delmar,DE Dover,DE
22 Fri. 7/8 Hagerstown Speedway Hagerstown,MD Baltimore,MD
23 Sat. 7/9 Hagerstown Speedway Hagerstown,MD Baltimore,MD
24 Tue. 7/12 Sharon Speedway Hartford,OH Youngstown,OH
25 Sat. 7/16 Portsmouth Raceway Park Portsmouth,OH Columbus,OH
26 Fri. 7/22 Memphis Motorsports Park Memphis,TN Memphis,TN
27 Sat. 7/23 Tri-State Speedway Pocala,OK Ft. Smith,AR
28 Tue. 7/26 I-44 Speedway Lebanon,MO Springfield,MO
29 Fri. 7/29 Red River Valley Speedway West Fargo,ND Fargo,ND
30 Sat. 7/30 Red River Valley Speedway West Fargo,ND Fargo,ND
31 Fri. 8/5&8/6 Cedar Lake Speedway New Richmond,WI Minneapolis,MN
32 Tue. 8/9 Dubuque Fairgrounds Spdwy. Dubuque,IA Dubuque,IA
33 Fri. 8/12 Lernerville Speedway Sarver,PA Pittsburgh,PA
34 Sat. 8/13 Lincoln Speedway New Oxford,PA Harrisburg,PA
35 Mon. 8/15 Lebanon Valley Speedway West Lebanon,NY Albany,NY
36 Tues. 8/16 Rolling Wheels Raceway Park Elbridge,NY Syracuse,NY
37 Fri. 8/26 Western Kentucky Speedway Madisonville,KY Louisville,KY
38 Sat. 8/27 Milan Speedway Milan,TN Jackson,TN
Fri. 9/2 TBA
Sat. 9/3 TBA
39 Sun. 9/4 Tri-City Speedway Franklin,PA Pittsburgh,PA
Fri. 9/9 Eldora Speedway–“World 100” Rossburg,OH Dayton,OH
Sat. 9/10 Eldora Speedway-“World 100” Rossburg,OH Dayton,OH
40 Fri. 9/16 Tri-City Speedway Granite City,IL St. Louis,MO
41 Sat. 9/17 I-55 Speedway Pevely,MO St. Louis,MO
42 Sun. 9/18 Illinois State Fairgrounds Springfield,IL Springfield,IL
Fri. 9/23 TBA
Sat. 9/24 TBA
Thu. 9/29 TBA
Fri. 9/30 TBA
Sat. 10/1 TBA
43 Fri. 10/28 Kentucky Lakes Motor Spdwy. Calvert City,KY Paducah,KY
44 Sat. 10/29 Kentucky Lakes Motor Spdwy. Calvert City,KY Paducah,KY

TBA = To Be Announced

THIS IS A TENTATIVE SCHEDULE ONLY. DATES MAY BE ADDED OR CHANGED.

WORLD OF OUTLAWS STACKER 2® LATE MODEL SERIES SPONSORS
The World Of Outlaws Stacker 2® Late Model Series is brought to the fans across the country by several sponsors and partners, including series sponsors Stacker 2®, Hoosier Racing Tire, Sunoco Race Fuels, VP Racing Fuels, and SPEED CHANNEL. Promotional Partners include AMB i.t., RACEceiver, HUMMERSGONEWILD.COM, Zippo Lighters, and The University of Northwestern Ohio. Contingency sponsors include DART Machinery, MSD Ignitions, Wrisco Industries, and Quarter Master.

Back