World of Outlaws to be at I-44 Speedway on July 25th!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Dusty Luthy

LEBANON - They're coming back.

The World of Outlaws Dirty Dozen will be making their second-ever appearance to the Lebanon I-44 Speedway on Tuesday, July 25.

It will be almost exactly an entire year since the top 12 drivers in America graced Lebanon and the speedway with their presence. Tim McCreadie, Billy Moyer, Rick Eckert and Darrell Lanigan will be among the drivers that come back in attempts to take the coveted victory.

"The top drivers in America will be here," track promoter Randy Mooneyham said. "I hope the fans will come out and support us.

"If they want to come see the best, the best of the best," he said, "they're going to be here. No question about it."

Steve Francis won the inaugural World of Outlaws visit to the speedway in 2005 after the race was called due to rain and will no doubt be looking for a repeat performance. McCreadie took second in the feature and will be looking to take the $10,000 winner's purse.

Another well-known name will be bringing a challenge of his own. NASCAR Nextel Cup driver Ken Schrader will bring his Red Baron Late Model to run down the Dirty Dozen.

Schrader has scheduled an autograph session to begin at 5:30 p.m. at the speedway. Dirty Dozen drivers will also be on hand to sign autographs and talk with fans.

Schrader, as well as other drivers, will be bringing a souvenir trailer.

In addition to World of Outlaws drivers, drivers a bit more familiar with the track will be competing. Will Vaught, of Crane, Justin Wells and Dustin Mooneyham, both of Aurora, will all be competing. Brad Looney, of Republic, who currently leads the UMP in wins and is the track points leader, will see what he can give the field. All four drivers made the feature in 2005, Looney raking in the highest position of 11th.

Brandon McCormick, of Lebanon, will be holding the hometown colors. McCormick finished the feature 18th last year.

Mid-America Racing Series drivers Bill Frye of Greenbriar, Ark., Terry Phillips of Springfield, Mo. and Wendell Wallace will also be challenging the Dirty Dozen. Frye and Phillips both raced in the 2005 feature and will be looking for better prospects, finishing 13th and 17th respectively.

Chub Frank, another member of the Dirty Dozen, currently holds the track's fastest Late Model lap time set at 14:851 seconds.

Factory Stocks will also be racing for the evening for a $750-to-win purse. The race will apply I-44 Speedway rules and will offer $100 to start the feature.

Gates will open at 4:30 p.m. and racing begins at 7:30 p.m. Ticket prices are $30 for adults, juniors ages 13-15 are $10 and children 12 and under are always free. Pit passes will be $30.

The Lebanon I-44 Speedway is located on Route 66 east of Lebanon. Construction along Interstate 44 has changed routes to the track slightly due to lane and exit closures. Those traveling eastbound on Interstate 44 must take the 130 Lebanon exit and continue on eastbound Route 66. Westbound travelers may still take the 135 Sleeper exit and then Route 66 westbound.

For more information on the race or accommodations, visit the speedway's website at www.lebanoni44.com . Questions will be answered via email at DDL33D@mizzou.edu.

Back