World of Outlaws to Return to Lone Star Speedway on October 24

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Concord, NC—May 10, 2009—After the largest crowd in the history of Lone Star Speedway welcomed the World of Outlaws back to the high-banked half-mile earlier this season on April 10, the best sprint car drivers in the world will return to the track located in Kilgore, Texas on Saturday, October 24 for a full night of racing.

Joey Saldana was victorious in the World of Outlaws first visit to Lone Star Speedway since 2004 last month, with three-time and defending series champion Donny Schatz second, 20-time series titlist Steve Kinser third, Jason Meyers fourth and 2001 World of Outlaws champ Danny Lasoski fifth.

Sam Hafertepe Sr. and his wife Lisa, who own the track, recently had the track resurfaced with new clay, which will make the fastest half-mile in Texas even faster. Numerous other ongoing projects at the track will also be completed in time for the World of Outlaws return on Saturday, October 24.

“I'm very excited,” said Sam Hafertepe Sr. of hosting a second World of Outlaws event this season. “I think it will be a great success and everyone here wants to see 410-sprint car racing in the Texas area again. I think it will be a great show.”

After purchasing Lone Star Speedway in the off-season, the Hafertepe family put in countless hours renovating and preparing the facility for the biggest race the track had seen since the last time the World of Outlaws were in town back in 2004, which was ironically the last time the track saw action prior to 2009 season.

“It's a big accomplishment to see all the people come out and enjoy themselves,” Hafertepe noted. “I think I was smiling the whole time at the first race. At the next one, it will have to be double that if we really do our homework and do a good job. We'll be a lot more organized for the next one's, that's for sure.”

The World of Outlaws event at Lone Star Speedway on Saturday, October 24 will kick off with a live band performing prior to the racing action, with a full night of racing to follow with $10,000 going to the winner.

For ticket information visit http://www.lonestarspeedway.com or call the track at (903)-986-9731.

The World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series is brought to fans across the country by many important sponsors and partners, including: Armor All (Official Car Care Products), Crane Cams (Official Valvetrain), Hoosier Racing Tires (Official Racing Tires), Fusion Energy Boost (Official Energy Boost), Quaker State (Official Motor Oil), SuperClean (Official Cleaner-Degreaser), VP Racing (Official Racing Fuel); in addition to contingency sponsors, Jake's Custom Golf Carts, KSE Race Products, Penske Shocks, Racing Electronics, S&S Volvo; Engine Builder's Challenge participants Don Ott Racing Engines, Kistler Engines, Shaver Specialties and Speedway Engines; and Chassis Builder's Challenge participants J&J Auto Racing, Maxim Racing and XXX Race Company.

Back