Would you like to see a special "series" for modifieds here in Southeast Missouri??

Millsey

Because the RAMS Points Series has gone over so well in this area, I've talked with numerous drivers about setting up something similar for the Modifieds. Of course the #1 question would be would it be UMP or IMCA style rules. I think it would be best if IMCA style rules are used because it would allow some of the racers who don't get to go to I-55 and Benton a chance to go and race with the equipment they've got and not have to buy additional stuff. I know at Fredericktown and some other places where IMCA mods are raced they allow the UMP guys to come if they add 50 pounds and run the American Racer tires.

SO what are your thoughts? Do something like a 10 race series that would include two races each at I-55, Montgomery County, St. Francois County, Benton and maybe even a Friday night track in Missouri or one of the Illinois tracks....

Feedback people..... I need feedback....

seems pretty ridiculous to expect to go to tracks that run modifieds anyway as part of their weekly show,with your own group? i would think it would make more sense to go to tracks that dont run modifieds.but that's just my opinion.

what about a bomber class like that.
I55 and MCS and some other tracks dont run bombers
How do you think that would go over.

I think that it would be a really good idea. It would be like the USMTS series. I have been to a few of those races and they tend to draw in about 75 cars every time. The only thing is that they are paying about $2,000-$3,000 to win. I vote yes for the Millsey!!

Jeff,

I think that a huge part of the success of the RAMS is that there is nothing else like it around here. Another Mod class would be just another Mod class, its not really bringing anything new to the party. I mean, if you want to race in a competitive 4 cylinder car, and be allowed all the neat racing stuff like weight jacks, hoosiers, etc.. then the RAMS are the only class to offer that. But if you want to race a Mod, there are already plenty of tracks around where you can without a new series. Just something to consider, I think. The one part of it that is attractive is being part of a "touring" show on the local level, but whether or not that would be enough of an attraction to get people racing in it, who knows. And it also occurs to me that you have worked very hard to get the RAMS a permanent home, so why would another series without a permanent home be attractive to you? Just wondering. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Oh yeah, and I think Jake could be onto something at the bomber level, it seems to me that would be something that was more affordable, and might draw more interest from people who want to race, but dont have a local track that runs bombers.

Todd

I think that idea with Bombers would work. Tracks like Pevely and Monkey Co. don't run bombers, and the fans would like to see them a few times a year.

Pay them decent and you could get cars from some different areas.

ridiculus?

I wouldnt go as far as midgetracer to say its ridiculus,but the more you get some of these guy's travelin the more the chance is of some tracks losing a guy thats at the same track every weekend. Whats more important, a travelin show or supporting your regular track?

what makes you think these tracks would go for it? and what kind of championship reward are you talking about? you would deffinatly have to make it worth while for guys to give up a chance at pretty descent point money from running at thier home track.(not that all tracks have descent point fund for anyone but the champ) but i think you know what i mean, may be a good thing or not who knows until ya try it. how about a v6 mod class?

Basically what I was talking about was a special series that would allow some of the guys in the modified class to visit and race at some other tracks while at the same time having the competition of the series. There are various times throughout the summer where tracks don't run certain classes and this could take advantage of that. It was just a suggestion...

I WOULD SAY YES, UMP RULES WITH THE AMERICAN RACER TIRE
WITH AN 8" SPOILER WOULD BE DIFFERENT. THEN ALL U CHANGE
FOR SOME GUYS IS THE TIRES. JUST MY INPUT

BRIAN HEIZER

Well it might take a few factors to come together for a lot of guys, like my regular track isnt running, and a special show is somewhere else. So it could take a little bit of planning to get a good count, and consistent turnout by the same drivers.

But, mulling this over, it kind of occurs to me that if you only run say 7th on back at your home track, well, why not say the heck with the points there for a night and go do something different for the experience you could gain at a different track. So, you might not always get the big names of mods at every event, but if it paid better than 7th at your local and you stood a reasonable chance of doing well in it, that could be tempting. I think more of the mod guys need to give an opinion, hell, what the heck do I know? lol:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Back