Would you like to see Tri-City Speedway race crate late models in 2006?

• Yes - CARS

Votes: 110 48.7%
  • Yes - Fastrak

Votes: 62 27.4%
  • NO

Votes: 74 32.7%

• Total voters

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

You can select 2 choices, if you don't care which series, select both in your vote!!

I like the idea of crate late model racing but I do believe they need a little more horsepower, like a crate 383 or something. I also think crates would mean less super lates for tri-city on a weekly basis. Kenny

kenny im glad someone shares the same thought as me,the motors fastrack or any crate class are just turds... i have said for a year now that crates would be GREAT with a different motor..i like how tri city is asking the opinions of fans and the guys that race there weekly,i think that shows a great deal of how much they care.

Al Kreke is president of C.A.R.S inc. He has invested his time and money to make this a successful series for both the racer, promoter, and the fans. Al has supported many racing events in the St. Louis area,Al is asking all racers that are interested in racing the CARS Series and fans to show your support on this poll.

great idea

Great idea to give the racers a voice on this, as far as which organization is at Tri-City. I think this bolds well for everyone involved.

crate car will look even slower when the run after the UMP big boys its a waste of time to have to classes of late model JMO

wild1and83fan said:
crate car will look even slower when the run after the UMP big boys its a waste of time to have to classes of late model JMO
Thats why they are going to replace sportsman dumbass, you think it would be more affordable to build a crate model or a sportsman when your done bomber racin? You remember what my 2 barrell motor had in it? Or even Daves for that matter? Drive one and then tell me how slow they are. This is the perfect stepping ground, drive your crate model and when you and your wallet are ready buy that 20,000 plus motor.

wild1and83fan said:

I wouldn't think they would look any slower than when a hornet or any other support class runs after the UMP big boys. The crate series brings back the fundamentals of racing and why most of us go to the races to begin with = to watch the competition. Competition is competition. Put a bunch of any type of cars out on a dirt racing surface and they will come!

Niether!!!

So if you race a street stock at TCS and want to move up a class. You have to choose between a UMP mod or a wannabe Late model?

I think the sportsman street stock guys are being souped up as to what they can do and what it would cost to do it. Thats all I've heard about this crate class is the pro's. What about the con's.

Rick Heck, how many of Rodney's slightly used lm rollers you selling for $3500-$4500?

Late model rollers that cheap are junk guys are pawning off! Something past its prime with a bunch of bent wore out bolt ons.

But if thats the selling point for this mess. Then I am definitely against it. Like has been said before. This will be a junk late model class. I could careless if they get 50 of them a night. I care about the kinda show they put on. Thats all Kevin nedds is a class that has a ton of cautions like his modifieds do!

Swappin Paint, actually I have none of Rodney Melvin's rollers for sale.The only frame,that I had I gave to a girl so she could race this year.I kinda thought the same way you did,it's like any class,when you have new drivers that has not drove a Late Model, it takes them time to learn to drive. I went to Clarksville Tn, this fall,and watched crate racing usa series race the bud crate shootout.All though there was a few that were new, when the racing got started and they ran 34 laps without a caution,the racing was no different than th lm's.Their lap times were on 1/2 of a second off of lm's.I support this series,because of the close competitive racing in this series, it's not about who can spend the most money to be faster.it's about toneing your driver skills,and car set ups, motors and tires are the same for everyone. This is a great class for someone who wants to replace a class,and this could also be a great class for those track whom do not run Lm's. This is an affordable class for the promoters also. thanks rick

I went to Eldora and watched the crates on the 1/2 and that was a great show! I think the crates on the 1/2 at Tri-City would be something I would be interested in. The 1/2 is to hard on most weekly super late motors, but the crates would live forever there. Kenny

its not about the horsepower, it the fun of close racing and not having to spend much, more horsepower = little more money. i think it would be a great idea for the crates to have another place to run!

Junk latemodels class so is joe morris concidered junk he runs this series doesnt he and as far as junk goes why is it i know a few guys who r selling the cars etc and but new chassis etc to join this series

why not race both, maybe cars every week and fastrak every other week, since thay only have to race 51 percent of the races to go to the nationals

01SpongeBubb said:
its not about the horsepower, it the fun of close racing and not having to spend much, more horsepower = little more money. i think it would be a great idea for the crates to have another place to run!

I agree with ya.....

it not junk late model racing this is the first year iever bought a new car i have race used cars for years their are good chassis out their for 3000 to 5000 that real good car like i said raced super late model for year in used cars and won championship with them just sold my rayburn 2000 rayburn that was great car no junk yes used but no junk and if i wasn't a new dealer for swartz race cars I would still be running a used car and I problely run this one for a long till their is a major change in the swartz chassie design this class will be the feeder class for super late model for years with out breaking the bank this class will let you learn the latemodel beast and I think crate racing has done very well in a short time and the money is getting good why do you think purvis and some of the other big dogs are running it in the south east but I like fastrak Ideal of keeping big team out out of the big money races
my opinion thanks for listen

I know competion is competion no matter where is comes from.....BUT...With all the hoopla on here about crates, has anyone thought about the possibility of latemodel drivers that might have a spare chassis around, they can throw together, drop in a crate motor, and bring 2 cars and drop down and do a little hot dogging in the crate class, plus there regular LM class. Its already being down at other area tracks with drivers dropping down and driving more than one class a night. Not a bad thing from the promotors side of it...but... So much for the little guy who can't afford areal LM, but still wants to race something he can afford. Wasn't that the whole idea we have been pounded with, about this class????? If that is the case then you can expect a handful of real good ones and the rest will be back fillers. We went and watched them at Bond county, you can summerize them to being a slower Sportman class.......

As far as the sportsman class being dropped at TCS (as is the rumor according to cc-28) the sportsman class averaged 19 cars a week. So you can't say they were counter productive. As far as the cost of a crate LM, we looked into it, but the cost of starting fresh in a different class is way more than what we have in our sportsman now, it just not feasible. But good luck to those who do try and make a go of it.

aceracing said:
this class will be the feeder class for super late model for years with out breaking the bank this class will let you learn the latemodel beast.

WHAT YOU SAY MAYBE TRUE. MY PROBLEM ISN'T WITH THE CLASS ITSELF. ITS WITH THE TALK AND POSSIBLE ELIMINATION OF ANOTHER CLASS TO BRING THEM IN. THE SPORTSMAN CLASS IS NEEDED. IF YOU ARE GOING TO CALL THIS A FEEDER CLASS FOR SUPER LATE MODELS. IT SHOULD'T BE THE NEXT STEP UP OR OPTION FOR A STREET STOCK GUY LOOKING TO MOVE UP A CLASS. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE UMP TYPE MODS WERE THE FEEDER CLASS FOR UMP TYPE LATE MODELS.

LIKE MOMMA DREW SAID, THE SPORTSMAN AVERAGED 19 CARS PER NIGHT AT TCS. SOME MAY NOT THINK THATS A LOT. BUT THEY PAID FOR THEMSELVES. ALSO THEY WERE THE LEAST AMOUNT OF TROUBLE FOR THAT PLACE. THEY DIDN'T HAVE A REDICULOUS AMOUNT OF CAUTIONS AND THE DRIVERS PALYED WELL TOGETHER.

OH WELL, ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IF TCS SH!T CANS THE SPORTSMAN. IF THEY DO IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW MANY CLM'S THEY GET. HOW WELL THE SHOW GOES AS FAR AS THEY ARE CONCERNED. I'LL BE A CRITIC!

i for one am not a full suporter of crate racing,the general idea is sound as the motor costs are way down if you run the little motor,the fees are to high to join fastrack as are the tire costs,the hi bux teams can afford new rubber where as the low bux teams dont have as big a used tire pool to draw from if they allowed hooiser tires,as for cars they need to open the tire rules a bit at the start of the season and give some time for used spec tires to become available so they can trickle down to the lower dollar teams,,AS FOR AS TCS running crates,thats not the worst idea,if i were kevin i would invite them in for one night early next season,start a hour early,if they put on a good show then he could have them back once a month,he could rotate one of the support classes on that night,i do agree that you will have a few front runners that will win most of the time but then aint that what we got now?

Regarding chassis- I bought a used Rayburn for a show car for $2500. Its straight and would make a good crate car. Although, I have a suggestion- If you buy a used chassis make sure you know the history or have seen it run. Most guys selling chassis are just upgrading BUT some are trying to get rid of a race car that doesnt work. Be careful what you buy. Paying a few more bucks for a straight car can mean a big difference in how your season goes.
I am working with someone locally to help find good chassis for those interested in getting into crates. More info later.

Lastly, We are looking at a rule that would not allow a racer to run UMP LM and a crate LM at the same track on the same night. We want to attract the low budget and less experienced racer and not big budget guys buying wins. This will be resolved by the time we meet on Nov. 26th. Personally, I can tell you that Brent will not race our crate car. I have a number of other racers who will.

We expect to have a few special races during the year but only local weekly racers will be eligilbe for "bonus monies". Similiar to the 100 lap race rules at Belle-Vegas but even more restrictive. AK

Back