WOW ... what a finish in the NASCAR race today!

Carl edwards crossed the line but not in his car. What a hard hit onto Newmans car. That fence looked like it flexed four feet or more when Edwards hit it at 200 mph. That could of knocked someone over if he would of hit a little lower on the fence.

well deserved win for james finch,he is the guy that gave jeff purvis his nascar break years ago.

I'm glad I woke up for the last five laps. Carl was very graceful and Brad was very apologetic which was cool. I wish every race I went to was that AWESOME!

i couldnt believe the finish, that had to be one of the craziest ones i've seen in a long time, and to boot the nationwide race had a great finish yesterday, congrats to the 09 , hope everyone who was injured in the stands is ok, i read about one lady possibly having a broken jaw

From what I heard there were 8 spectators injured..None seriously..When they paved Talladega they should have built a stronger catchfence too , like the one at Michigan International Speedway...It's a wonder that no one was standing near the fence,That would have been a different story...

From what I heard there were 8 spectators injured..None seriously..When they paved Talladega they should have built a stronger catchfence too , like the one at Michigan International Speedway...Its a wonder that no one was standing near the fence,That would have been a different story

From what I understand, when the SAFER barrier was installed, a new, stronger catch fence was put in. I really don't know what more you want. He hit the fence at 190mph, and the car bounced back into the track, instead of breaking cable, shearing poles, and going into the crowd. Considering everything, I feel the fence performed nicely.

it is kinda fitting that a nns driver came to a cup race and won instead of a cup driver going to a nns race,congrats brad.

Carl Edwards getting out and running to cross the finish line was very inspirational to me. He was going to finish that race either with or without his car.

In life, there are many potential obstacles, challenges and distractions that could derail from our path. But no matter what, we must be determined to finish the race.

Ok sorry, I'll step down from my pulpit now :eek:

last lap

i just want to know if it was kyle busch that spun edwards if you would still let the win go or cry because it was kyle? let me know cause i know everyone hates a winner

Cry Baby Kyle

I don't have a problem with Kyle as far as his racing. My problem with him is how when he doesn't run well he gets out of his car and runs to his motorhome and doesn't face the media like the other drivers do. Be a man and face the music. TV needs to skip his next victory lane and not give his sponsors their air time the next time he wins and maybe he will get a clue. Another thing is Darrell Waltrip must be sleeping with him. As much as he talks about him whether he's in the back or running up front, Waltrip needs to be bias as an announcer and quit showing so much preferential treatment to
Busch.

Hey!

There's an active Kyle Busch bashing thread on the front page. Go bash him there and stop hijacking other threads for this foolishness. :mad:

Great finish and glad everyone is ok. My son is a big Edwards fan and I thought he was going to have a heart attack at the end of the race. One question, I'm not sure I understand the purpose of the double yellow line. Why is it you can not go below it there or Daytona but every where else there is no yellow line.

Because Nascrap knows everything that is why.What a dumb rule.

No...because drivers were trying to use the apron to pass, and because it's flatter, they would lose control, come back up into the track, and cause even more massive wrecks than what we seen yesterday. The yellow line rule is actually a good idea, IMO.

What happened to Carl yesterday was really just an unfortunate racing deal. He didn't think Keselowski had gotten a fender on him when he cut back down.

Back