Xtreme Dirt Cars News & Notes

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
By Bret Emrick

SHELBY, N.C. -- The Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCars Series and Northern Xtreme DirtCar Series capped off a very busy and successful weekend (Jan. 16-18) at the "Motorsports ' 04 presented by Sunoco" Racing Expo at the Ft. Washington Expo Center near Philadelphia,PA as thousands of fans visited the series booth.

A huge throng of fans were on hand to meet Jimmy Mars, driver of the Stacker 2 "house car", and Kenny Wallace, driver of the Stacker 2 sponsored NASCAR Busch Series car on Friday. The crowd of visitors to the Xtreme DirtCars,Inc. booth Saturday increased nearly ten-fold with the appearance of WWE "Diva Superstars" Sable and Dawn Marie. Unfortunately, Sunday's appearance by Joe Ganniscoli, who plays "Vito" on the award winning HBO show The Sopranos was canceled when Ganniscoli became ill.

"What a temendously successful week-end!", stated Xtreme DirtCars,Inc. owner/president Doug Bland. "That was my first ever trip to that show and I was just totally blown away by the number of fans who attended and stopped by the booth. And, I know that the Stacker 2 people were more than pleased with the turn-out. Having the 'special guests' at the booth along with the Stacker 2 representatives and Northern Xtreme DirtCar Series 'Rookie of the Year" candidate D.J. Troutman's race car it was a great, great promotion."

"The other thing that we gained from the show was a huge interest in our program from promoters throughout the Northeast and Eastern Seaboard", continued Bland. "We were hoping to release the schedules for the Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series and Northern Xtreme DirtCar Series at the show. But with all the interest from the promoters we talked to I just felt it best to hold up releasing the schedules until we finish up talking with those folks. Hopefully, we can get the 'i's' dotted and 't's' crossed as soon as we can so we can release the schedules. Once we do release the schedules I think everyone will be pleased."

Kenny Wallace was extremely impressed with the fans that came out to see him and was enthused about the Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series.

"I hope I can maybe get into a race or two this year with the Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series", said the very personable driver. "I just love dirt track racing. I'm a huge fan of it. I really haven't done that much of it though. I know I've raced 11 times on the dirt, mainly in the Modifieds, so I'd be lucky just to make a 'B' Main with these guys!", laughed Wallace. "Hey, these guys that race these dirtcars are tough. The Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series without a doubt is the Nextel Cup of dirt. There is no doubt in my mind about that. To be honest with you I'd probably be scared as hell to race with these guys!"

Another name has been thrown into the hat for the 2004 "Lucas Oil Rookie of the Year" with the Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series. Duke Whiseant of Texarkana,AR has informed series officials that he will be chasing the "R.O.Y." crown.

"I'm definitely looking forward to this", said Whiseant. "We've teamed up this year with Don O'Neal. Our teams will be like partners. We'll be using Rayburn race cars with Pro Power engines and we are geared up and can't wait for East Bay. But, I know it ain't going to be easy. The teams running with Xtreme are tough. Not only the guys that have done it awhile but the rookie class too. I just want to make races, run the best we can and win that 'Rookie' title."

When asked why he chose to chase the Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series, Whiseant was to the point. "I think the program that has been developed is excellent. When you really sit down and look at the whole package that is being offered I don't know why a guy wouldn't do it. Not just with the national series but with the regional series and the weekly series too. This program is definitely the way to go."

Extra bonus monies have also been posted for the upcoming series opener's for the Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series and Northern Xtreme DirtCar Series at East Bay Raceway Park in Tampa (Gibsonton),FL. Sports Plus Video of Williamsport,MD will award $100 cash each night to the driver with the fastest time trial not to qualify for the main event and will award a $500 cash bonus to the driver who holds a new track record at the end of the six-day "Winternationals".

The 2004 Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series and Northern Xtreme DirtCar Series season's will officially get underway at East Bay Raceway Park in Tampa (Gibsonton),FL for the February 2 - 7 "28th Winterationals" at the semi-banked 1/3rd mile clay oval. The Northern Xtreme DirtCar Series will sanction the Monday, Wednesday and Friday events while the Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series will sanction the other three nights of action.

The week-long "Winternationals" will be the first track for the Xtreme DirtCars,Inc. properties to be on the recently announced series mandated tire from the Goodyear Tire Company. An open practice session has been set for Sunday, February 1 from 5:30pm - 9:30pm, the night before the "Winternationals" opener. Race teams are reminded to phone Mike Franklin, director of the Xtreme DirtCars,Inc. Goodyear Tire program, at 704-487-1169 to order tires.

The Stacker 2 "YJ Stinger Splash Of Energy Tour" Interactive Fan display has been enjoyed by thousands of fans who have attended NASCAR Busch Series and NASCAR Nextel Cup events but it will be a first when the display descends upon East Bay Raceway Park marking the first time ever that fans of dirt track racing will get to enjoy the games and fun of the Stacker 2 "YJ Stinger Splash Of Energy Tour".

Arrangements have been made for a winning lucky fan attending the "Winternationals" to experience the "ride of a lifetime" with an airborne excursion aboard the Goodyear blimp. One name from all advanced ticket purchasers will be drawn at random with that person receiving the prize, courtesy of the Goodyear Tire Company.

Monday, February 2 has been designated as Media Day at East Bay Raceway Park with all members of the media invited to the track at 2:00pm to meet the drivers and raceteams, series and track officials and series and track sponsor representatives. For the brave-hearted of the media a Xtreme DirtCar two-seater racecar will be on hand to give the media the most thrilling ride of theirr life around the semi-banked 1/3rd mile track. A yet as named top driver will do the honors of playing "media chauffer".
Advanced reserved seat tickets can be purchased for single nights of racing, in a combo package for the three Northern Xtreme DirtCar Series sanctioned nights or the three Stacker 2 Xtreme DirtCar Series sanctioned nights or in a combo package for all six nights of racing. Single night advanced reserved seat ticket prices range, depending on seat selection, from $25.00 to $35.00 for the February 2 - 5 races and range in price from $25.00 to $40.00 for the February 6 and 7 races. A three-day combo pass is priced at $105.00 and a six-day combo pass is $200.00. Combo ticket prices are good until January 21, 2004. Three-day and six-day combo passes are not available below row 14.

Childrens tickets, general admission only, are 1/2 price. All credit card orders will be assessed a $5.00 handling charge. Pit admission tickets will be sold the day of the event only. Reserved camping at the track is also available for a nominal fee.

East Bay Raceway Park has also arranged for discounted lodging at the Holiday Inn City Centre in Tampa (800) 513-8940, Ramada Inn on Tampa Bay in Apollo Beach (800) 67-BEACH and Sleep Inn and Suites in Ellenton (941) 721-4933. For the "racers rate discount" mention East Bay Raceway Park.

To order advanced reserved tickets, reserved camping or for further information phone East Bay Raceway Park Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm at 813-677-7223, toll free at 877-457-5611 or visit the EBRP website located at www.eastbayracewaypark.com.

Back