Xtreme sold?

The guy said Schrader bought part of it though, I cant see schrader doing that when he has his track? but i dont know i dont know much about the buisness aspect of racing!

Yeah I can't really see it being true! It has supposadly been sold like 3 times already this year and never really was! But it would be interesting to see what schrader would do with it!

not too be negative or mean. but really is there even any guys that run Xtreme now? From what I was told the Xtreme seris has lost a few big names. dunno if it's true or not though. Jeep? and O'Neal?

the only driver that quit was O'Neal, and i dont think it was because of the series i think it was other things. They still have names like
Mars
Birky
Pearson jr.
Van Wormer
Ray Cook
Bill Elliott ( when he runs)
Billy Drake
Matt Miller
Darren Miller
Steve Casebolt(sometimes)
John Mason
and some others!!

i think birkhofer, earl pearson jr. shane clanton, matt miller, darren miller all still race Xtreme. but i'm not sure. oh and steve shaver.

There are still a bunch of great drivers that run it! I think O'Neal was the only big name that quit running it! I am also sure that if Schrader did or would purchase it that they would attract alot more drivers!

Why?

Why would Schrader buy into or buy Xtreme when they wont even let them come to I-55 Raceway, the track he owns? I know Doug has tried to get into I-55 since he bought Xtreme and they keep saying no. Just to clarify this was before the Goodyear Tire deal just incase anyone wants to use that as the reason. Just a question and concern. Thanks-Danny

I heard some interesting stuff last night and we might want to be paying attention around Tuesday or Wednesday if what I heard comes to pass. (There's a posse leader involved.)

if they get rid of that damn good year tire rule itd be alot better.....and they may pick up some more tracks

If they had went with a spec Hoosier they would've been in alot better shape. At the very least they should've went with the McCreary (sorry American Racer) EC2. Its a fairly proven spec tire. From Doc's story it looks like American Racer didn't even have a chance to bid. That means it wasn't all about dollars and cents. As soon as someone figures out what it was about let me know.

Doug said:
I heard some interesting stuff last night and we might want to be paying attention around Tuesday or Wednesday if what I heard comes to pass. (There's a posse leader involved.)

So Doug, what did you hear ? Enquiring minds want to know. :D

i think the goodyear tire rule is good i mean all u have to do is mount them and put air into them and go; no grooving, les hassle also down in flordia it was some of the best racing in years with the goodyears and also after they get a little ware all u need to do is grind them off and there good as new and the main reason it makes things more compettive cause eveyone is running the same tires so then make everyone more evenly matched

Back