Zobrist, Fast Frankie Martin, rumors and lies.

woody78

Zobrist Motorsports
This post is to clear up all rumors and lies from the past few weeks.

1. Chad did not pull off during the MS race because he got passed, he had a bad vibration, pulled off and later discovered a broken driveshaft. Congrats to Melvin on the win.

2. Frankie Martin did not take Chad out, yes there was contact but that is racing. Whether Chad could have saved it, it will never be known.

3. Frankie Martin and his Crew are class acts. We at Zobrist Motorsports have always thought this and always will. Frankie drove out of his way through the pit area to our trailer to apoligize for something that he did not need to apoligize for, like I said, a class act.

4. Chad did pull off saturday night, under the direction of his crew. He was going to stay out, but after a quick discussion in the stands the crew decided that with plans to race Haubstadt on sunday and godfrey on monday, we didn't need to risk tearing anything up.

5. Chad does not always pull off when sent to the back. About a month ago when a lapped car got sideways in front of chad, he checked up and spun himself out, he was sent to the back and came from 18th to 6th in 8 laps, without incident. This isn't always the case though, sometimes it is safer to pull in and not risk it.

6. Zobrist qualified 7th sunday at haubstadt and won his heat race, then finished 5th in the feature. Congrats to Melvin on the win, tough break for Babb.

7. On monday at Godfrey Chad Qualified 5th, ran 4th in the dash and was running 4th in the feature, when melvin came into contact with a tire and spun, Chad spun to avoid running over rodney and according to godfreys rules all cars involved in a yellow are sent to the rear. Chads car made contact with rodneys during the incident and was toed in, under the direction of his crew, Chad again elected to play it safe and pull in.

Hope this clears any questions up and straightens some stories out.

Don't post opinions, post facts!

Darren (woody) Rottmann
Proud member of Zobrist Motorsports.

If you have a problem with anything that is stated, I'm the one with a artificial leg, bring it on.

Oh, I have a huge problem with what you say, I will be hunting that 1 legged man down as soon as I get to the races. You better watch your step.

Just kidding Woody, glad you cleared things up, it take more of a man to come out and confront the rumors than it does to hide behind a screen name.

See you at the races

Chad (Shyster) Schuster

Dear Woody,
Thanks so much for your post! You guys have all always treated us so nice and with respect, and thank you for taking time out of your day to help clear up the problems with the fans in the stands.

I was sitting with the Zobrist crew during the feature and before it started I told them how sorry that we were that their car broke during the MS race. Leading the race for $3000 and breaking is a tough pill to swallow. I also said how sorry that I was when Chad started spinning. Frankie hit the brakes hard to give him room but they were both racing high and hard. That is why I like watching both of them they put on a great show for the fans. We love coming to Highland and racing with Chad and Mark Faust because they all race hard and they are all there to win.

I feel that the fans in the stands have no clue what things are like in the pits. They do not understand for the most part that this is like a little family and that everyone pretty much helps everybody. Two weeks ago the steering box broke on our car and Mr.Perkins sold us one so we could still race the feature. Mark Faust team has had us to their home last year for food after the races, and 2 years ago let us use their race shop one day. Mr. Faust (Mark's dad) rode to Lincoln 3+ hours last years when we both were racing because they had no more room in their hauler. Our sons are together in the pits all the time. We have watched all three of the Kloos children grow up and become young adults. They have been to our home for cookouts a couple of times. Randy Korte's crew gave us pit passes last year for a rain out race they couldn't go to. When we offered to pay they wouldn't let us they said you can just have them. Rodney Melvin gave us his spare tire to use at Montgomery County last year when we had a flat on our trailer and he was going just as far home as we were. If he would have had a flat he would have been in trouble, but instead he helped us. I can't even remember all the nice things that teams have done for us but I do know this, most people on this site don't know how remarkable the drivers really are. And, Woody, once again THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Good luck for the rest of the season!!!
Ronna and Frankie Martin

Chad considered going to Pevely Saturday, but after our incident with the wall there a couple weeks ago, we will probably be at Highland.

:) Woody, Chad dont let that stop you from coming to Pevely on Saturday. Everyone has soem kinda bad luck at all tracks. You need to but that to the past and move on. I would love to see you Guys there. I will see you guys tonight at Godfrey and i will talk you guys into going.

;) Good Luck in the Mid season Championship tonight

Karen

woody78 said:
5. Chad does not always pull off when sent to the back. About a month ago when a lapped car got sideways in front of chad, he checked up and spun himself out, he was sent to the back and came from 18th to 6th in 8 laps, without incident. This isn't always the case though, sometimes it is safer to pull in and not risk it.

I agree with everything you say except for the fact that Chad is still in I believe 5th place in points. Hes still got a legitimate shot at being track champion. I can understand he didnt want to tear anything up with the 2 bigger races coming up.. But my question is this.. If he would have got his place back leading the race. would he have stayed out there.. ???? If so, I dont see why he shouldnt have stayed out there. As you said. he went from 18th to 6th.. It was a dry slick track but he still could have gained valuable points.. And if someone is scared to tear up something on their car. Then they shouldnt be out there..JMHO

Hey Frankie Fan

Can you not read? He wanted to save his car for the next night's race at IN. where he would have a fresh start. MOST of these guys don't have a second car in the trailer and one back at the shop. What they are racing is the best they could put together. Just because you see them once a week, doesn't mean they only race once a week. Even with sponsorship, these guys put a lot of money into their cars. If they ARE fully sponsored, then they have to explain to that sponsor why they aren't racing a big race because they tore their car up the night before trying to gain a couple of spots from the rear. "Because Frankie Fan wanted me to" probably won't suffice.

Ringo1066 said:
Can you not read? He wanted to save his car for the next night's race at IN. where he would have a fresh start. MOST of these guys don't have a second car in the trailer and one back at the shop. What they are racing is the best they could put together. Just because you see them once a week, doesn't mean they only race once a week. Even with sponsorship, these guys put a lot of money into their cars. If they ARE fully sponsored, then they have to explain to that sponsor why they aren't racing a big race because they tore their car up the night before trying to gain a couple of spots from the rear. "Because Frankie Fan wanted me to" probably won't suffice.

Ringo.. Maybe youre the one who cant read. I said I could understand to a point. But answer this. If he was still leading or 2nd or 3rd. Would he have finished the race???? I would assume so. And with that fact in mind. No matter where he was on the track, 1st or last. Correct me if I'm wrong. But wouldnt he be taking a chance either way on tearing something up? So you really have no valid point to make.

plus its not fair to any of his fans that goes and pays money to watch him race and to have him pack it up and leave..

Back