“The Hurricane” Sets His Course for O’Reilly All Star Series Title

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
CAMARGO, IL (4-26-08) by Robert Cortum - O'Reilly All Star Public Relations

Randy Hannagan has been thrilling race fans since he was 14 years old.
Back then it was go-carts in his native land of California, today his career has him wheeling an 800+ horsepower winged machine against some of the toughest racing competition in the world.

A multi-time Rookie of the Year and Champion, Hannagan has made his mark on every series and track he has appeared in his career. In 2008, Hannagan decided to take on the O’Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions once again in search of yet another championship crown.

Randy has been racing for his brother Terry for many years. In 2007, the team gained additional sponsorship from Penthouse Magazine and Pocket Shots and he continues to deliver for his sponsors and team.

“In 2008, we decided to tone things down a bit with our racing schedule,” noted Randy. “We have a few sponsors on board with us for the season, but what we do is mainly a family business, and with rising fuel costs it just makes more sense to us as a team to stay in a central location and run as many events as we can. We feel that this is just one of the things the All Star series has to offer us.”

The 2007 season came with mixed blessings. Hannagan points out the highlights of the season as the team took home the “B” main win at the Knoxville Nationals and was able to lead the first laps of the first television appearance of the World of Outlaws. The low points as noted were the constant traveling and being away from his family.

“There are a lot of reasons for this team to run with the All Star Circuit of Champions. First of all, I get to spend a lot more time with my wife, Angie and my son, Mason,” notes the San Jose native.

“What Guy Webb is doing with the All Stars and the Midwest All Star Series is great. It offers a lot of racing in a tighter area for traveling. The other thing that is great about working with Guy, is his hands on approach to running the series. If you have a problem, concern, or suggestion, he is always available and willing to talk about it. It may not always go your way, but he does listen and take into consideration your thoughts.”

Randy’s crew chief this year will be Chris Stillwell. Chris and Randy have worked together for awhile and the two of them together will work hard at pushing the envelope at each race. Hannagan enjoys working on his own car unlike a lot of other drivers on the tour.

Hannagan states, “Chris and I work great together on the car. With both of us putting forth our best efforts, I feel that we will have one of the best cars out there each night.”

Joining Hannagan in 2008 for sponsorship will see the return of Penthouse Magazine, Pocketshot.net, and Super 8 Fasteners. The team will be utilizing motors in a renewed effort with Gaerte Engines of Rochester, Indiana.

Additional product support for the THR #1X are; Brown and Miller Racing Solutions, Sander Engineering, Ultra Shield, Outerwears, Hanks Performance, Hoosier Racing Tire, Snap-On, FK Rod Ends, MSD Ignition, Schoenfeld Headers, Santomauro Race Products, and Oakley Eyewear.
Tel-Tac, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Barnes Oil Pumps, Kenny’s Components, Kaeser Compressors, PBS, Keco Coatings, Waterman Fuel Pumps, HRP Wings, and Huggins Cams will also be a part of the season. The list continues with Racing Optics, Engler Tool and Machine, Dyers Rods, and Ben Cook Racing complete the list of supporters putting forth their efforts in the top-named driver.

Randy invites all his fans to the pits after each event and asks them to visit his website www.randyhannagan.com for the latest news and information.

Stay up to date on all the news with the O’Reilly All Star Cicuit of Champions by visiting www.allstarsprint.com.

Back