10,000 to win

temprmntl1

sportsman $10,000 to win any one in the area going to be there i think its sep 26 - 27 if i am correct its $500 to start $ 3000 to win for street stocks i think

From what I have heard...they are only giving 10 grand to win if they have 200 street stocks/sportsman. There is no way they will have 200 of them. The Street Stock World Championship a few years ago had their innagural race. They advertised $7,500 to win and they had 180 cars. Look at how they advertised that race alllllllll year long and the amount of money they spend advertising that race compared to what Godfrey has done so far. I am gald tracks around here are having these big shows...but what will the pay out actually be in they don't get their alotted 200 cars.

Also...Godfrey seemed to do their homework some by adopting the Brownstown Street Stock Special's rules. Brownstown has been having their big shows for awhile and know what rules work the best.

the so called rules are still very restrictive when compaired to B-towns,,,make them weight-x,make the tires hoop-y and go racing,at a buck fitty a pop there aint no way they will see 200 cars,just my opion but could be they really dont want a full field,no full field,no full pay,,,,,,stock frame to the rear end(stock spring buckets rear)2800LBS,,,stubbed cars,3000LBS,,,all 4 tires hoop to 10 inches,,bert/brinn,alky,,3100LBS,,,,makes the tec guys job a lot EZer,,,,,,,,

you ma run a burt theonly reason for no alky ismost of the cars wont make it 75 laps on fuel and rember this isnot a latemodle show it is a strees stock and bomber show hope to see everyone there

$10,000

If they want 200 cars they should open the rules to let Macon and Farmer City's Sportsman in, this would also let all of Danville's Super Streets in. I've got a big enough fuel cell to run 75 laps on alky. If they open the rules they can just make us weigh more to even it out. This would give them the car count they need.

IMO They advertised $10,000 to get alot of cars knowing they wouldn't get 200 and they won't have to pay.

OK,,here is what I have to run,stock camaro stub to the firewall,4X4 to the rear kick up,2X4 back,leaf springs,pull bar,9 in floater,,this car ran as a sportsman in SE mo.it has w/5 hubs and alumanun calipers,none of that will make the car one bit faster at 3100 lbs.,you need to forget about banning heim's on the suspension as i know for a fact many cars run them,,,LIKE I SAID BEFOR,,WEIGH THEM,HOOP THE TIRES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GO RACING

Why would a track hold a big sportsman race and then make the very cars that have been supporting the track all year long uncompetative. The rules are set up for sportsman cars that run in this area (Godfrey, Granite, Pevely, Highland, Belleville, Montgomery county, etc.) It is a sportsman race not an econo latemodel race. I dont care what Macon, Farmer City, and Danville run, This race is not for them as stated by the rules they are going to run by.

In my opinion alchohol,berts,4bbls, and wide fives have no business on a streetstock\sportsman car.
If there are so many of these cars out there that you want to allow in this race fireball, then why is there never a big money show for them?

agree

Have to agree with terry on this one...the race is set up for the local tracks to do a shootout.Not an open comp race like tcs is having the next weekend!

No,they wont have the numbers this year to payout,but adding the extra rules wont get them that numbers either......so your better off setting it up for the local tracks and seeing who the best is on that givin night!

Want to run ur berts.....wide wheels.and tires....find a open comp show or run the socalled sportsmans with latemodels!

$10,000

Sounds like some people are scared of some competition.

So go ahead and run your bomber rules and have fun.

lmao

Lmao@competition......what a wanker!

Bring a legit car the rules fit and find out what compitition is!

To make a stupid comment like that because you have a car that doesnt fit a certain set of RULES FOR A CERTIAN race has got to be one of the dumbest things ive seen on here!

Duh.....why dont i just swap trannies and go run the half mile with the latemodels!

Tell ya what cri...its open comp at tcs in oct.....run what you brung......you put up the challenge....lets see what you got for the locals......or you skeered of a little compitition?

Wouldnt it be nice if UMP would have a class, for the majority of these cars to race in. Since most local tracks have a different opinion on the rules. Have STREET STOCK,SPORTSMAN,SUPER STREET all in one.

About the only full service sanctioning body that exists these days is the IMCA. They sanction Sprints, Late Models, Modifieds, SS/Sportsman and Bomber type cars. UMP tried to do a class for street stocks a few years ago, but the racers didn't support it. The majority never bought a license and the idea was dropped after 1 year. The old econo late model class brought together tube chassis, stub cars, and even a couple of full framed cars (I think Matt Taylor had one) back in the late 80's - early 90's. But like everything else UMP gets involved in... aw nevermind.

Back