1000cc / 1200cc lightning sprint cars invading Quincy Raceway

jack93racing

This is very earlier but I wanted to start putting some feelers out to see if the lighting sprint car would be interested in doing two shows at http://www.quincyraceways.com/ Quincy raceway in Quincy Illinois this seasons. I briefly spoke to the owner and he is very enthusiastic about putting 1-2 races on later this year. One race possible to be held some time in July and the second date would be sometime in September. The September date the Lightning Sprints would be top billing for the show that would also include karts and 600cc guys. Quincy raceway is a quarter mile track with a rich history of open wheel racing. This would be a great venue to not only introduce the lightning sprint to the area but also lay some ground work down for the 2011 season and beyond. Again this is very early in any planning stages and the details have to be worked out. We did talk a little about payout and I believe the track would be willing to do $300 to win pay back 10 places and $25 pit pass. There is nothing set in stone and the promote knows the more money he can come up with the better the chance would be of drawing guys from other states to run. But first we need to show some interest that this is something the lightning sprint car will support. So my question is would you want to come to Quincy IL to race?

You can email me at mark@jack93racing.net or just post something on here. I will forward any email or post to the owner of Quincy Raceway to make his decision to host the lighting sprint cars this season. So don’t set on your hands and wish you had some place to run speak up.

Back